Drogheda Utd v Cobh Ramblers 21 Mar 19:45 - Match Betting
Selection Price
Drogheda Utd 4/11
Draw 3/1
Cobh Ramblers 13/2

Is this about where were at or is it a good bet at 13/2

pineapple stu
17/03/2008, 8:53 PM
13/2 is standard for these kind of games, and about right (and by about right, I mean the bookie will make money long term). Trust me!

rambler14
17/03/2008, 9:02 PM
Drogheda Utd v Cobh Ramblers 21 Mar 19:45 - Match Betting
Selection Price
Drogheda Utd 4/11
Draw 3/1
Cobh Ramblers 13/2

Is this about where were at or is it a good bet at 13/2

I would have expected us to be about 6 or 8/1 and maybe Drogheda to be even money.

pineapple stu
17/03/2008, 9:08 PM
You reckon Drogheda would only win every other game at home against the likes of youz? (And us and Galway and Bray, etc)

rambler14
17/03/2008, 9:18 PM
Do we have to notify Ramblers that were travelling so that they can notify Drogheda?

Cici900
18/03/2008, 10:18 AM
I dunno i think 13/2 is good enough i'd place a fiver on it.

luka
18/03/2008, 11:23 AM
Do we have to notify Ramblers that were travelling so that they can notify Drogheda?

I believe so. I think it's because United Park has restricted capacity or something so to assist them, Ramblers would like to be able to give them circa numbers in advance.

Rambler1
18/03/2008, 12:44 PM
I believe so. I think it's because United Park has restricted capacity or something so to assist them, Ramblers would like to be able to give them circa numbers in advance.theres no problem..I contacted Barry and he checked into it and said there wikll be no prob paying at the gate.

rambler14
18/03/2008, 12:47 PM
Thats great. There should be at least 20 from Cobh there i'd say.

RamsieOnTour
18/03/2008, 1:03 PM
Il be up for the game just wondering is there a certain area for the rams support or is it anywhere...

rambler14
18/03/2008, 11:29 PM
I was at the Cork City match tonight and lads believe me a draw or a sneaky 1-0 is a possibility vs Drogheda. They are absolutely useless. I'd be dissappointed if we didn't get at least a draw. They don't even look like they are capable of scoring a goal.

Cork City are just as bad. I'd be expecting 3 points when they visit on the 29th.

The Rebel Ram
19/03/2008, 12:06 AM
I wonder what the odds on a double over Drogs and City would be, Doesn't look that impossible after tonights game..............

rambler14
19/03/2008, 12:07 AM
I wonder what the odds on a double over Drogs and City would be, Doesn't look that impossible after tonights game..............

I agree.

The only match betting available anywhere is for the Drogheda match.

Also on my searching travels I found that Rams are 33/1 to win the FAI cup and 25/1 for the league cup. Not Bad IMO.

Celdrog
19/03/2008, 3:41 PM
Il be up for the game just wondering is there a certain area for the rams support or is it anywhere...
Go in the stiles at the clubhouse and then go behind the stand to the covered terrace at the end.
If there are only a few of you then the Drogs will probably sell tickets to home fans for that terrace also.
Pre / Post match pints in Mothers Hughes pub, 5 minutes from the clubhouse heading back towards the town. There is also a pub at the ground called the windmill house. Most Drogs will be in Mothers', away fans always welcome.

6yardpunisha
19/03/2008, 3:52 PM
Go in the stiles at the clubhouse and then go behind the stand to the covered terrace at the end.
If there are only a few of you then the Drogs will probably sell tickets to home fans for that terrace also.
Pre / Post match pints in Mothers Hughes pub, 5 minutes from the clubhouse heading back towards the town. There is also a pub at the ground called the windmill house. Most Drogs will be in Mothers', away fans always welcome.

will pub in club be open as its good friday

Celdrog
19/03/2008, 3:55 PM
will pub in club be open as its good friday
Forgot about Good Friday:eek:
No pre match pints so. The bar in the club is not open on matchnights this season (don't know why). Think its restricted to sponsors

6yardpunisha
19/03/2008, 3:59 PM
Forgot about Good Friday:eek:
No pre match pints so. The bar in the club is not open on matchnights this season (don't know why). Think its restricted to sponsors

can we sponsor the match so:D

MojoPin
19/03/2008, 4:16 PM
pre match cans in car park?

depor
19/03/2008, 4:20 PM
this is an interesting fixture, as we are written off for it as far as everyone is concerned. obviously they are champions and are wantin to make up for the first home game against rovers. they will be biting at the bit for goals to start their defence of their title, but thats where i think they could be put under pressure. i would love a draw and i think its achievable. if we dont defend too deep we should be ok, its more a psychological thing. some teams are beaten berfore they enter the ground, we should approach it like any other game which i believe we will.

6yardpunisha
19/03/2008, 4:40 PM
this is an interesting fixture, as we are written off for it as far as everyone is concerned. obviously they are champions and are wantin to make up for the first home game against rovers. they will be biting at the bit for goals to start their defence of their title, but thats where i think they could be put under pressure. i would love a draw and i think its achievable. if we dont defend too deep we should be ok, its more a psychological thing. some teams are beaten berfore they enter the ground, we should approach it like any other game which i believe we will.

midweek game against Cork wont help Drogheda either

depor
19/03/2008, 4:48 PM
yes i agree totally, i was saying that to a city fan i work with, i said they could do us a favour by tiring them out:Dthen again drogs barely broke a sweat last nite. but heres hoping.

rambler14
19/03/2008, 5:38 PM
Having watched Drogheda last night I really do believe that we can shock them Friday night.

jfarlo
19/03/2008, 6:10 PM
full odds on paddy power http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=GoCoupons&category=SOCCER&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=49&id=289
first goalscorer bets look good. reilly at 11-1?

Marco
20/03/2008, 12:45 PM
Anyone heading to United Park by car should park in the HSE Car Park beside th ground, it's only €2 and has full time security.

rambler14
20/03/2008, 1:12 PM
Anyone heading to United Park by car should park in the HSE Car Park beside th ground, it's only €2 and has full time security.

Thats good to know seeing as i'll have to pay for parking.

thegafferman
20/03/2008, 4:52 PM
Thats good to know seeing as i'll have to pay for parking.

apparently there is a dodgy housing estate near the ground they did damage to cars and the rovers bus so far .....:ball:

don ramo
20/03/2008, 5:16 PM
how many are makin there way up, i was gonna go but im not driving 4-5 hoursby myself:mad:

jfarlo
20/03/2008, 6:40 PM
im headin up alright but i have a full car.what else would ya be doin on good friday. many others goin.

The Rebel Ram
20/03/2008, 7:55 PM
Bet on at 13/2 to win, best value in soccer in ages!!!!
couldn't get the odds for the City game yet, all the winnings from tomorrow night will be going on a win there too!!!!!

luka
20/03/2008, 8:01 PM
Bet on at 13/2 to win, best value in soccer in ages!!!!
couldn't get the odds for the City game yet, all the winnings from tomorrow night will be going on a win there too!!!!!
th

Or toward a few large flags for the City game:D
Have any of you actually seen the size of some of their flags?

rambler14
20/03/2008, 10:54 PM
th

Or toward a few large flags for the City game:D
Have any of you actually seen the size of some of their flags?

Yeah I saw their ones on Tuesday night. They have a few questionable banners made of bedsheets but their flags are big but flags don't win matches. By the time the city game comes round there should be at least 10 flags in the ground in Ramblers colours.
I'll have mine at the match tomorrow and there quite big so we won't be out numbered by the Drogheda flags.

The Rebel Ram
21/03/2008, 1:45 PM
Just saw a great bet on Paddy Powers,
http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_event_by_markets&category=SOCCER&ev_class_id=49&chosen_ev_id=1074930&disp_cat_id=
Cobh are 5-1 to win the game, no bet if the game is drawn............looks like a great bet..............
I hope they will be giving us odds like this every week!!!!:D

sligored
21/03/2008, 2:50 PM
dream on lads. drogs are light years ahead of ye

Sam_Heggy
21/03/2008, 3:05 PM
I hope I'm wrong for yer sake lads but, ye have played 2 of the relegation candidates so far this season and have only 1 point to show from that.
Drogs didn't look great on Tues night but their front pair will cause problems as the both have pace,power and aerial ability.
We have found out the hard way, we played extremely well in Derry last week but that bit extra quality for Derry coupled with small mistakes from our lads (mistakes we got away with easily last season)cost us the game, Drogs are a further step up from Derry imo and Tuesday was a case of 2 very good teams cancelling each other out rather than both playing poorly.

Rebel Ram, you never beat the bookie (not too often anyways)

Pablo Escobar
21/03/2008, 4:36 PM
I have a sneaking feeling about this one. Drogs fans are saying 4-0 and 5-0. I can't see that. I'm going to go 1-1.

ndrog
21/03/2008, 10:40 PM
I have a sneaking feeling about this one. Drogs fans are saying 4-0 and 5-0. I can't see that. I'm going to go 1-1.

Hows that sneaking feeling pablo ? you should see a doctor about that :D

depor
22/03/2008, 12:41 AM
i went up and i thought we played well at the start, put them under pressure and had 1 or 2 chances but we changed the way we played after we conceeded. there didnt seem to be anything wrong with the ramblers goal from the restart.
drogs 2nd goal was a good finish, as the other 2 were errors of our own making.
overall drogs looked very strong and deserved the win, but then again they are expected to win.;)

don ramo
22/03/2008, 12:58 AM
must say lads first half hour we played them off the park, we were attacking, attacking, attacking for half an hour, and came very close but didnt score they had one chance in that time and buried it, thats was the main differecne tonight and a lesson for the season ahead, when you get the chance bury it or else, davin caused havoc all night, he was upfront but was drifting in and out and played some nice balls into the box, he also missed a great chance after breakin free from there defence and out of pure shock of knowing he was free just blazed it wide of the post, the goal from kick off was class and a smart idea and i cant wait to see MNS for the reason the ref disallowed it,

3-0 and a valuable lesson learned, take your chances or get relegated,

must say there was good away turnout 40-50 id say, thought united park would be packed but it wasnt, and the prices are a disgrace E20 in and you have to pay a fiver more to get into the stand, if thats what they call a stand,

depor
22/03/2008, 1:33 AM
hilarious, just readin the match programme and as i read their piece on ramblers i thought the 1st few paragraphs sounded fimiliar, sure didnt they use the wiki i edited on wikipedia. lucky i did because it was terrible before there was no mention of the MSL success and the cup games of 83.:p it was like a city fan had wrote it before.:)

don ramo
22/03/2008, 1:36 AM
also, gutsie is still on loan from city:eek:,
program is very glossy, but, its lackin in the info part, a lot of advertising, speaking of which when we were up there the annoncer told the fans to take there flags of the advertiseing boards:eek::D, weird,

rambler14
22/03/2008, 10:03 AM
Once again the ref didn't help us but thats another matter.
Ramblers played well for 8 mins. You could see how valuable Alan Carey and Kieran O'Reilly are to the team. They were missing and you could see the gap they'd left.
But once again Ramblers never took their chances. They still go around the pitch trying to play 1st Division football and the likes of Drogheda just read them like a book. We should have had at least 3 goals IMO. John Kearneys wonder goal from the halfway line was wrongly dissallowed and Davin should have had 2.

Like it or not lads Ramblers have lost the midfield. John Kearney and Shane Barrett are not up to Premier Division standard neither is Gareth Cambridge. John and Shane still think they are in the 1st division and demand an age on the ball, Gareth just isn't strong and is afraid to tackle.
Kenny Coleman and Michael Mulconry should start next week as the centre-mids because they are the most tuned in players we have. They are calm on the ball and know how to pace themselves against the faster players. This is clear as so far they have been our best players this season. Basically they have the best footballing brains on the team and deserve a crack at it. Ray Lally should come in at left-mid and Davin play on the right.

A re-shuffle is needed and it's time for Hendo to forget about being loyal to the players who got him promoted and be brave and make a change.
We need a striker and we need one now.

luka
22/03/2008, 1:04 PM
Match report on the site now lads. www.cobhramblers.ie

Thx to Rams07 again

outside in
22/03/2008, 4:38 PM
bad result last night lads but all we can do is keep showing our support and have faith with hendo and his team.50/60 made da trip up witch wasnt bad,i was a bit disapointed to see some of our fans walking out early ,not great to see:mad:lets stick with them til the end...good or bad

pineapple stu
22/03/2008, 6:24 PM
A harsh lesson in the ways of the bookie...

Can see JC having a good chuckle at this thread.

depor
22/03/2008, 6:42 PM
bad result last night lads but all we can do is keep showing our support and have faith with hendo and his team.50/60 made da trip up witch wasnt bad,i was a bit disapointed to see some of our fans walking out early ,not great to see:mad:lets stick with them til the end...good or bad

ya it was a bit disappointing, but they played well. i felt gutted to be honest but that was because the promising start gave me hope of an upsetr, we had them bombarded from the start, if u asked me before the game i would have taken a draw but would have been expecting to lose. drogs are the champions and they are that for a reason: ruthless finishing, job well done, tks.:cool:

i stayed til the end but i seen the people that left but they were just gutted, they love the rams. it was 3 nil and no hope of coming back.

bellavistaman
22/03/2008, 7:22 PM
A re-shuffle is needed and it's time for Hendo to forget about being loyal to the players who got him promoted and be brave and make a change.
We need a striker and we need one now.

the deadlines gone what do you want hendo to do?? The reports i was getting was ken coleman got destroyed, why would you move him into the most important position into the pitch if he got destroyed at RB.

MojoPin
22/03/2008, 7:24 PM
he was just found out playing RB he looked lost. but the two CM's looked very off the pace and i like barrett but he didnt seem to be want to be there last night.. looked like he didnt wanna put in 100%.

bellavistaman
22/03/2008, 7:31 PM
Mucky would be my first choice cm this season anyway, and im sure barrett will come good, especially against city, would worry slightly about john kearney though. Would love to see kinger given run about any time on the ball and the lads clinical at picking passes, doubt hes prem standard though, fitness especially. Ken Coleman would prob be the best footballer we have though, i agree with r14 there.

rambler14
22/03/2008, 7:35 PM
He didn't play too bad. He over-lapped well and put in some good crosses. He has a proper footballig brain like muckie and so far this season they are probably our most creative players. They have a great ability to read a game which is something Barrett and Kearney are struggling to do.
The teams we have played so far have attacked us through the middle because in every game so far Kearney and Barrett have lost the midfield and the gap is clearly there.

Hendo has a 22+ squad available to him yet he starts with practically the same 11 every week bar one change.
It's time he made use of the squad and gave the likes of Alan Kearney, Coleman and Lally a start as they are consistently being used as subs and are impressing people when they come off the bench.

As for transfers. I know they can't be made as the window is closed. But i'm not saying that, the only thing missing from the squad is another striker like Kieran O'Reilly. The only players he can sign now are non-contracted players. (Infact that was our discussion on the way home last night, what players are out there in the MSL and available on the free list for the PFAI that would be of rams standard.)

ramsfan
22/03/2008, 10:28 PM
the guy in the echo hit the nail on the head tonite, we would never have expected to get anything from drogs away, we need to be concentrating on ucd, galway, bray, harps and sligo and plan to get max points off these teams any other points are a bonus