PDA

View Full Version : Decent Crowd?

drummerboy
17/03/2008, 12:21 PM
I see Sporting Fingal attracted a crowd of over 1,200 to their first game against Athone, which they won 2-0. Wonder what the pitch was like. Any news of lights?

atfconline
17/03/2008, 12:25 PM
Pitch looked in good nick. Floodlights are up and must be operational as they are playing Limerick there on Good Friday evening.

Ash
17/03/2008, 1:43 PM
I see Sporting Fingal attracted a crowd of over 1,200 to their first game against Athone, which they won 2-0. Wonder what the pitch was like. Any news of lights?

I'd attribute the large crowd to the free entry.
Interesting to see how many paing punters they get against Limerick and
the following weeks.

Lamper.sffc
17/03/2008, 4:09 PM
I'd attribute the large crowd to the free entry.
Interesting to see how many paing punters they get against Limerick and
the following weeks.

I think it might drop a bit, but the amount of people that where there shows that there is the potential for sporting to attract fans. May not be that amount all the time but still a good start free admittance or not.

Ash
17/03/2008, 6:38 PM
I think it might drop a bit, but the amount of people that where there shows that there is the potential for sporting to attract fans. May not be that amount all the time but still a good start free admittance or not.

Yep, I met some former Dublin City fans I know and they have taken up
with Sporting Fingal now so I was glad to see that they still have a local club
to keep interest.

Only annoying thing was the amount of little sh!ts throwing things down the
main stand. Unfortunately we had the same sort of thing happening last year.
But as soon as the price goes up it will probaby cut some of them out

Lamper.sffc
17/03/2008, 7:56 PM
Some little s**ts started a fire or lit toilet rolls across from where i was sitting. Couldnt quite see. if paying for tickets keeps that sort out then thats fine by me.

oldyouth
17/03/2008, 10:48 PM
Only annoying thing was the amount of little sh!ts throwing things down the
main stand. Unfortunately we had the same sort of thing happening last year.
But as soon as the price goes up it will probaby cut some of them out[/quote]

Nip that in the bud or it will become a regular event. Free entry or not, I wouldn't go along if that sh*t continues

Santry_Goonshow
18/03/2008, 1:40 PM
The actual attendance was 1234. The main stand capacity 800 was full to the Gills and the south and east terraces had a smattering of spread out people making up the other 400.:p

I also saw the scallies throwning bog-roll and water bottles. The Stewards were in on them like a thunderstorm so no worries that we'll see them back.:)

The majority of the people i met were from Swords. A good few from Santry area were also there to take up 200 "neighbour" tickets. I'd love to do a survey to see if there were any former Dublin City fans or disgruntled Shelbourners present. I suspect there was. ;)

This stuff about Sporting Fingal "overkilling" the LOI is pure unmitigated rubbish. That's just insecurity from small-minded little men in the orthodoxy who have no marketing plan and no football academy in the pipeline to supply the backbone of the team.

Sporting Man
18/03/2008, 2:14 PM
Hi Everyone, This is my first post, Just like to say as for the four little Sh*ts as they were rightly called were removed from the ground by myself and i have spoke to there schoolboy club this morning They will not be welcome back. other than that we had a good day except i must apologise to the Away fan for the lack of food and drink at there stand we had two sorted but one never showed this is also been delt with.

Santry_Goonshow
18/03/2008, 4:28 PM
Hi Everyone, This is my first post, Just like to say as for the four little Sh*ts as they were rightly called were removed from the ground by myself and i have spoke to there schoolboy club this morning They will not be welcome back. other than that we had a good day except i must apologise to the Away fan for the lack of food and drink at there stand we had two sorted but one never showed this is also been delt with.

Thanks for that. Is it true these sh!ts were making Racist comments on the Athlone centre-forward?:eek: They should be suspended from their local club if you have any influence. Also I wouldn't mind a bit of restorative justice, they should be forced to eat all the chips they threw at ppl!

Sporting Man
18/03/2008, 5:35 PM
Did not get any reports of abuse. by the way gate 2 is the middle gate for away supports only, tickets can be baught on the night at gate 1 the clonliff gate is a VIP gate, we hope from here on in with less at the game that the far stand will be for home fans only.:ball:

Sporting Man
18/03/2008, 5:49 PM
The actual attendance was 1234. The main stand capacity 800 was full to the Gills and the south and east terraces had a smattering of spread out people making up the other 400.:p

I also saw the scallies throwning bog-roll and water bottles. The Stewards were in on them like a thunderstorm so no worries that we'll see them back.:)

The majority of the people i met were from Swords. A good few from Santry area were also there to take up 200 "neighbour" tickets. I'd love to do a survey to see if there were any former Dublin City fans or disgruntled Shelbourners present. I suspect there was. ;)

This stuff about Sporting Fingal "overkilling" the LOI is pure unmitigated rubbish. That's just insecurity from small-minded little men in the orthodoxy who have no marketing plan and no football academy in the pipeline to supply the backbone of the team.

I would say there were a lot more as all schoolboy/girl clubs got a free pass for the season to bring there teams no tickets needed, 12 Kinsealy boys fc did ballboys, Corduff and Rivervally under 9s played at half time all these and there pearents did not need tickets. 120 VIPs invited one ticket each from what i seen most had 4 to 5 people with them.

Santry_Goonshow
18/03/2008, 5:54 PM
Did not get any reports of abuse. by the way gate 2 is the middle gate for away supports only, tickets can be baught on the night at gate 1 the clonliff gate is a VIP gate, we hope from here on in with less at the game that the far stand will be for home fans only.:ball:

OK, so the main gate is gate1. And tickets can be purchased on the night. Please keep a tighter grip on the stwarding. Obviously everyone is learning this but its small things that remove the risk of bad behaviour:
1. Keep Stewards stationed IN the crowd, especially towards the back of the main stand
2. Segregate the players from the fans as they depart the pitch the fans are on the way out of the stadium.
3. Arrange crowd barriers on gate 1 so one fan enters at a time not where we nearly walked past you on Sunday! Funnel shape is a classic!

HarpoJoyce
18/03/2008, 6:09 PM

I was at the game and there was a good crowd and friendly atmosphere. Because it was a sunny afternoon and knew the lay out of the ground, I chose the to sit on the terracing facing the Stand. It was a good game of football and the choice of bananas and strawberries on offer was also refreshing.

There's plenty of room in the ground but only a limited covered area, while publicily a rule exists. I'm sure the LoI club will protect fans if they ask.

Thanks for having me, all the same.

Battery Rover
18/03/2008, 6:30 PM
Did not get any reports of abuse

Thought I heard something coming from the back of the stand but I will watch the full match again before I comment.

atfconline
18/03/2008, 7:17 PM

I'm sorry, but you're hoping for less people at the game from here on in!?!

atfconline
18/03/2008, 7:18 PM
Thanks for that. Is it true these sh!ts were making Racist comments on the Athlone centre-forward?:eek: They should be suspended from their local club if you have any influence. Also I wouldn't mind a bit of restorative justice, they should be forced to eat all the chips they threw at ppl!

Eric certainly got some abuse. I was pitch side, and thought it was coming from the terrace side though.

boris
18/03/2008, 8:41 PM
i was sitting in the main stand for the first half but moved to the terrace for the second half. i would hope the terrace would be open to home supporters for most matches unless a large away crowd is expected. remember some of us like to stand at matches. a few lads were thrown out with drink from the terrace in the second half. i think the idea of stewards at mixed in with the crowd would stop this happening and therefore would encourage more families back.

Santry_Goonshow
19/03/2008, 9:36 AM
i was sitting in the main stand for the first half but moved to the terrace for the second half. i would hope the terrace would be open to home supporters for most matches unless a large away crowd is expected. remember some of us like to stand at matches. a few lads were thrown out with drink from the terrace in the second half. i think the idea of stewards at mixed in with the crowd would stop this happening and therefore would encourage more families back.

Yeah, that's what i was thinkin. I think they didn't have enough stewards on duty. Didn't see any Gardai ether which is unusual for LOI games:confused:

Ash
19/03/2008, 9:38 AM
Yeah, that's what i was thinkin. I think they didn't have enough stewards on duty. Didn't see any Gardai ether which is unusual for LOI games:confused:

Seen a few Gardai walking up and down in front of the main stand
during the game and around by the chipper van pre/post match.

Sporting Man
19/03/2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys, all this helps with what were trying to do, Santry you seem to know a bit about stwarting theres a job there if your interested let me know and i will make contact with you, the more we can get the better, as there were 8 guys never showed up for us on Sunday we were left very short. from here on we will have more hired stwarts and we will be conducting searches at the gates, there was 5 Garda inside on sunday and 3 fai observers and all were happy enough except for a few slight worries we can work on.
i was not hopeing for less supports but we all know when a fee is charged you wont get as many.for now all home fans will be in the far seated stand.

Lim till i die
19/03/2008, 1:59 PM
Eric certainly got some abuse.

Fairplay to them.

They are picking up this LoI malarkey fast. :)

atfconline
19/03/2008, 2:04 PM
Fairplay to them.

No, not on this particular form of abuse.

Lim till i die
19/03/2008, 2:07 PM
No, not on this particular form of abuse.

Oh I agree 100%.

There are literally dozens of things you could insult Eric about without resorting to his skin colour.

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 12:40 PM
Not wishing to gloss over Racism. I will do my part to shut these muppets up. The more ppl in Ireland get to say "I'm norra racist but...(insert whatever you like here including racism)" the more that schooligans will feel free to take opportunities like this...:mad::mad::mad:

Attached are a few photos from the game taken by my mate the seventythreeman.

1016 Caffrey displays super corner technique

1017 Conan scores and celebrates

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 12:44 PM
More photos from Athlone game

Caffrey corner again

Hynes goal celebration

livehead1
21/03/2008, 8:25 PM
Did you take them through the eye of a needle?

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 10:33 PM
No through the hole in a proton

TheFingallian
21/03/2008, 10:39 PM
I forget the exact figure already but the attendence for the game tonight was around 600. I'm open to correction though. it did seem like there was less.

Only a couple of minor incidences with two arrests from what i saw.

forza
21/03/2008, 11:09 PM
Only a couple of minor incidences with two arrests from what i saw.

Fingal Casuals eh :D

What were they nicked for?

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 11:25 PM

I heard they were done for bringing booze into the ground - could be wrong. Stadium tannoy man said there was 478 in attendance, probably 50 of them were L37.

There were far fewer children and families than Sunday.

Sporting Man
25/03/2008, 10:22 AM

To clear this up to lads were not nicked they were brought out of the ground by car for comments they made about the Sargents weight.

the other was some Scotts in the Away stand who were well on and shouting abuse, the Limrick event controler ask for them to be removed as they had nothing to do with them or the club. they were asked to leave at half time.
may i just add that all Garda and Stwarts had nothing but good to say about the Limerick Supports Well done Guys. Sorry about the cold.

Pablo Escobar
25/03/2008, 10:50 AM
To clear this up to lads were not nicked they were brought out of the ground by car for comments they made about the Sargents weight.

the other was some Scotts in the Away stand who were well on and shouting abuse, the Limrick event controler ask for them to be removed as they had nothing to do with them or the club. they were asked to leave at half time.
may i just add that all Garda and Stwarts had nothing but good to say about the Limerick Supports Well done Guys. Sorry about the cold.

But that is what you generally get from the vast majority of EL supporters. It's just that you only hear about the bad stuff, which only happens sometimes at certain games.

Lim till i die
26/03/2008, 5:50 PM
the other was some Scotts in the Away stand who were well on and shouting abuse,

That's the Scottish branch of our supporters club!!

Gas men.

Although I grant you there's only so many times you can call a player "a f***in filthy Nazi b***ard" before it wears a bit thin :eek: :D

Lim till i die
26/03/2008, 7:17 PM
are u including those scottish lads in your supporters,

We had three Scots, two Germans, two English and a Yank for anyone who cares

i hope when i get to your number of post i wont be so superior.

Yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn

Santry_Goonshow
27/03/2008, 2:00 AM
lim

are u including those scottish lads in your supporters, just wondering so i can add them to your numbers. thanks for the insult on my counting skills on the other thread though. nice to see you keep an eye on spelling too!!!!. i hope when i get to your number of post i wont be so superior.

see u in limerick for a return.

LOL - "applecart" + "upset":p:p:p

jebus
27/03/2008, 1:46 PM
Is Fingal's number 6 really a member of the BNP as well?

It was only one Scot that was kicked out as well, the other two were there til full time

L37Ultra
31/03/2008, 3:49 PM
We had three Scots, two Germans, two English and a Yank for anyone who cares

Dont forget about the Clareman? :D:p

Monkfish
31/03/2008, 3:52 PM
Dont forget about the Clareman? :D:p

...and women, how did he forget about her!!!! :p