PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what happened to Diathi Mcmahon?

waylanderj
14/03/2008, 9:27 PM
Hi Anyone know what happened to Diathi Mcmahon?
He played in the states after he left school i think?
he had Red curly hair and was from south hill ?
:ball:

starbar
14/03/2008, 10:56 PM

still in states coaching last i heard there a few other limk lads out there too

L37Ultra
14/03/2008, 11:09 PM

How much does he owe you?:p

waylanderj
15/03/2008, 2:12 AM
NO :cool:
i was reading another thread "irish players abroad"
and i remembered Diathi
i went to school with him at Sextons
i was just wondering was he still in the states

Lionel Ritchie
15/03/2008, 8:14 AM
Nice bloke Daithi. Gave me a jersey back in the days when we'd no replica kits for sale. Still have it and I still look paunchy in it but decent of him all the same.

osarusan
15/03/2008, 9:23 AM
Scorer of a last-minute looping header at home to Waterford (was it Waterford?) that kept our hopes alive going into the last round of games away to Cork during the first "top six" season. I'll never forget it.

joeSoap
18/03/2008, 9:52 AM
Good lad. He's now living in Spartanburg South Carolina with his wife and kids. He's coaching only, having gotten a bad knee injury over there a few years ago.

gspain
18/03/2008, 12:27 PM
Scorer of a last-minute looping header at home to Waterford (was it Waterford?) that kept our hopes alive going into the last round of games away to Cork during the first "top six" season. I'll never forget it.

that was it 2-2 in Rathbane and we beat Cork 1-0 at Turners Cross 10 days later to clinch a top six spot.

Lim till i die
19/03/2008, 12:36 PM
and we beat Cork 1-0 at Turners Cross 10 days later to clinch a top six spot.

Is that the famous Turner's Cross "Miracle Match"?? :)

As for Daithi, probably my first Limerick legend growing up, class player

gspain
19/03/2008, 3:34 PM
Is that the famous Turner's Cross "Miracle Match"?? :)

As for Daithi, probably my first Limerick legend growing up, class player

that's the one made possible by Daithi's late header v Waterford. City were top and went on to win the league when we beat them.

Lim till i die
19/03/2008, 6:34 PM
that's the one made possible by Daithi's late header v Waterford. City were top and went on to win the league when we beat them.

Wasn't their a Dublin club who's noses were put out of joint by Citys' percieved "lack of effort" on that day though? :confused:

gspain
20/03/2008, 1:10 PM
Wasn't their a Dublin club who's noses were put out of joint by Citys' percieved "lack of effort" on that day though? :confused:

Yes St Pats who missed out on the top 6. However City were top of the table and the points counted towards winning the league. it is ridiculous to say there was lack of effort. Anyway City dominated the game but we defended brilliantly and Howie King nicked one on the break.

A year later a certain Dublin club faced 2 meaningless league games on the friday and sunday of St Patricks weekend before they had a cup replay on the following wednesday. On friday they faced Cobh at home who were embroiled in a relegation battle with us and Cobh scored 5 first half goals past a 16 yearold keeper and a reserve team. 2 days later they sent the full team up to Derry (I think it was or maybe Dundalk) for a meaningless game for both teams. I'm sure there is another reason why they didn't play the first team in the home game on the friday and let the reserves travel to Derry. :( We were relegated on the last day of the season as we lost in Monaghan and Cobh beat Drogheda. We haven't been back since.

Dodge
20/03/2008, 1:27 PM

The main reason Pats were upset was the late cancellation of the game on the Sunday, and subsequant playing of the game on the Wednesday with Limerick knowing what they have to do. Our own fault IMO but thats the story

Remember losing 5-0 to Cobh but we didn't play a team of reserves and no 16 year old has ever played in goal for us. You talking about another club gspain?

B1977
20/03/2008, 6:57 PM
Was our last game in the premier division against Waterford United:confused: