PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Fans Praised by Uefa rep

@ndy
08/07/2003, 3:51 PM
In today's star there's an article about the liberec game, and it praises the travelling Hoops to the hilt. Barry Bright, an FA director and the games UEFA delegate says "yes it's unusual but i will be reporting the behaviour of the Shamrock Rovers Fans to UEFA".

So fair play to ya...

Schumi
08/07/2003, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
yes it's unusual Is that the behaviour or the reporting? ;)

Éanna
08/07/2003, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Is that the behaviour or the reporting? ;)
you took the words right outta my mouth :D

A face
09/07/2003, 8:17 AM
Fans praised by Uefa official

Shamrock Rovers may not have had the best of results against Czech side Slovan Liberec in the Intertoto Cup second round first leg at the weekend, losing 2-0, but the behaviour of the Hoops fans has not gone unnoticed as a Uefa official has reported them for their good natured attitude during the game.

Around 150 Rovers supporters travelled to the Czech Republic to cheer on Liam Buckley’s side and the carnival attitude they produced during the match has seen Uefa delegate Barry Bright take the unusual step of reporting the fans to his Uefa bosses.

"Yes it is unusual, but I will be reporting the behaviour of the Shamrock Rovers fans to Uefa," he said. "It’s a real pat on the back for the club and Irish football in general.

"I was extremely impressed with their behaviour and the way they supported Shamrock Rovers throughout the match. The fans enjoyed the match, bought Slovan scarves and that really went down well with the locals."

Rovers seem to have a mountain to climb in the second leg at Richmond Park on Sunday, but following a dismal first half display, they performed well in the second period, giving them some semblance of encouragement ahead of next weekend.

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/euroclub/story.asp?newsid=6309)

Shelsman
09/07/2003, 2:11 PM
Yes but can't they behave like this at League games too ??????

Or maybe the scum element don't travel to European away matches ( more likely ).

@ndy
09/07/2003, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
you took the words right outta my mouth :D

Mine too, but i wasn't gonna say cos i thought it would be unfair.

Scumbags aren't gonna fork our hundreds of yoyos to travelto games to act like scumbags, so it's great to see this league is being represented so well. I think all clubs should do their utmost to stamp out any hooligan element, and hopefully when Rovers finally settle into their home ground they will endeavour to do same.

At the end of the day Rovers are a very big club in terms of support (bearing in mind that these supporters have been relocated to various sides of Dublin City over the last 10 years) and this is all positive.

a

pete
09/07/2003, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by Shelsman
...maybe the scum element don't travel to European away matches ( more likely ).

Didn't stop Trevor Molloy travelling though.

Éanna
09/07/2003, 7:38 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Scumbags aren't gonna fork our hundreds of yoyos to travelto games to act like scumbags,
*cough* england *cough* or is it pounds they fork out :D

Nah, seriously fair play to rovers, long may this continue, at home and abroad.

WeAreRovers
10/07/2003, 2:19 PM
All of our "scumbags" where in Liberec and in Poland. What you call "scumbags" we call hardcore.

Funny how it takes a UEFA rep to see beyond the bile and bitterness that surrounds other clubs attitudes to Rovers fans.

Rovers fans #1 in Ireland and in Europe!

KOH

Colm
10/07/2003, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by WeAreRovers
All of our "scumbags" where in Liberec and in Poland.

What did they do to the UEFA rep so? Was it a case of give us a good report or we'll steal your hubcaps?

Ballboy
08/08/2003, 4:21 PM
Jaysus:
I cannot believe they where praised, The fans????? up at the Brandywell where foul mouthed scum, who sat or should say stood beside young kids with there parents, and all we heard was *******s this and *******s that, and that was them singing. It is true what they say...once a scumbag always a scumbag

TheRealRovers
08/08/2003, 7:05 PM
I cannot believe they where praised, The fans????? up at the Brandywell where foul mouthed scum, who sat or should say stood beside young kids with there parents, and all we heard was *******s this and *******s that, and that was them singing. It is true what they say...once a scumbag always a scumbag
Very true

DvB
11/08/2003, 4:37 PM
Originally posted by Ballboy
Jaysus:

Hmmmm as one of the travelling rovers contingent who chatted with the stewards throughout the game ( nice chaps too, knew what they were at as well, Longford & Frontline take note), we actually only had one real incident with the 'kids'as you put it & that was preventing one of the little pikeys from setting our crowd cover alight with a cigarette! The stewards even warned the little **** who proceeded to f**k & f**k out of him at the steward, he then came to us and warned us that the cover could be damaged if we didnt move it, hence the putting away before the end of the match!

The only thing i can assume you refer to with your OTT criticism of bad language ( surely no one is suprised by that at a football match anymore) was the song we had prepared for Mr Coyle, which i must admit had a swear word or two in it!!

As for the 'scum' tag, well hats bandied about all to frequently these days with sweeping generalisations a close runner up!
I'll leave you to consider how highly we should consider the Derry crowd on the events we witnessed last thursday!!

Koh

DvB

WeAreRovers
11/08/2003, 4:48 PM
As a Rovers fan who was in Derry I have to hold my hands up and admit that I swore while singing. I now realise that it's not big and it's not clever and have handed myself into the police complete with a signed confession.

GROW UP FOR ****S SAKE IT'S FOOTBALL!!!!

We may even be swearing in Turners Cross on Friday. You might want to warn your stewards and any young children who may get to hear some profanities.

KOH

wws
11/08/2003, 5:17 PM
sure they invented swearing at matches....especially this seasons cup match!!!! har dee har har har

kdjaC
31/08/2003, 3:25 PM
All of our "scumbags" where in Liberec and in Poland. What you call "scumbags" we call hardcore.

Funny how it takes a UEFA rep to see beyond the bile and bitterness that surrounds other clubs attitudes to Rovers fans.

KOH

So can Pats have their seats back ???

Reckon some Rovers fan has about 200 plastic seats in his house...hehe

kdjac

dahamsta
31/08/2003, 4:28 PM
Now there's a familiar handle. What was wrong with kdjaC though? Welcome to Foot.ie kdjaC. :)

adam

ccfcman
20/09/2003, 11:51 AM

KOH
please remove syringe from arm sir
:ball: :ball: :ball: