PDA

View Full Version : Cork Hibs Memorabilia?

rebelarmyexile
12/03/2008, 7:12 PM
Im looking for some Hibs stuff, though not sure if it even exists. A scarf and/or home jersey? Will pay good money For a nostalgic present. Any ideas?

jebus
12/03/2008, 7:14 PM
e bay is the only advice I'd have, old LoI stuff often comes up there

rebelarmyexile
12/03/2008, 7:20 PM
e bay is the only advice I'd have, old LoI stuff often comes up there

Thanks, but have been watching ebay for months. was hoping someone here might have a few ideas.

Sheridan
12/03/2008, 7:35 PM
There is actually a Cork Hibs related item (http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=310029638623&Category=6091&_trksid=p3907.m29)up there at the moment but I don't know if it's the kind of thing you're after. It's a long shot, but one of the LOI clubs might have a pennant or something? They often leave stuff like that to rot.

Gingerh
12/03/2008, 10:25 PM
Im looking for some Hibs stuff, though not sure if it even exists. A scarf and/or home jersey? Will pay good money For a nostalgic present. Any ideas?

I bought a Hibs scarf last year for €1 on the Coal Quay - unfortunately I'm not selling but I will keep an eye out for you.

Pablo Escobar
13/03/2008, 6:33 AM
I bought a Hibs scarf last year for €1 on the Coal Quay - unfortunately I'm not selling but I will keep an eye out for you.

Did they have any Cork Celtic stuff? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some!

gspain
13/03/2008, 8:04 AM
Replica jerseys would have been unusual in the 60's and 70's. I've never seen a hibs one. Only hope is that ex players might have kept them.

There was a Hibs badge that turns up from time to time. Still rare though.
I believe there was a Cork Hibs biro produced in the 70's. Also a yearbook one year at least. Your other option then is programmes. Home programmes are actually easier to get from the 50's and 60's than the 70's. All the Hibs Euro homes are hard to get.

An original colour poster for Valencia away sold for about £40 on ebay recently. This may appear again as a guy in Spain seems to have lots of these for different Valencia games (never seen the Rovers one though).

My first Limerick away game was the 73 Cup semi final at the Lodge. the guy beside me had a Hibs scarf and bobble hat which he threw in the air when Hibs scored.

Much the same story for Celtic. No badges that I'm aware of although I do have a sew on patch. Again you can get 60's programmes easily enough on ebay.

I'd love to get any Hibs or Celtic european tickets or the Hibs away programmes at Schalke and Banik (I'm assuming Valencia didn't issue) or Celtic away to Slavia.

historynut
13/03/2008, 9:14 AM
Out of curiosity what kits did both Cork Celtic/Hibs play in ?

gspain
13/03/2008, 1:48 PM
Out of curiosity what kits did both Cork Celtic/Hibs play in ?

Hibs wore green and white. Green shirts, white shorts, green shirts with white in the middle (bit like Birmingham of the 70's with green swopped for blue) and probably a few variations Cork football has traditionally had a team in green and white right back to United and Athletic. Not sure re Frodsons and Cork FC.

Celtic wore lots of different colours

yellow/green
yellow/black
claret/blue
black

SunnySweeney
13/03/2008, 5:14 PM
I would pay dearly for a Hibs scarf. Unfortunately my dear mum threw mine out probably 20 years ago (I haven't lived at home in a long, long time)

Recently i went home to dig up my old school reports - my mum said that she had recently thrown them out too - she said to me "sure we couldn't hang on to all that old stuff".:)

Hail, hail the Hibs are here, what the hell do we care, what the hell do we care, hail hail the hibs are here, what the hell do we care now.

rovers68
29/10/2010, 6:34 PM
hi,

looking for any sligo rovers programmes if anyone has spares home or away