PDA

View Full Version : Block Booking for WC Qualifiers

Pages : [1] 2

scousedub
12/03/2008, 6:10 PM
I got a letter today from the FAI offering me the option to increase my block booking allocation for World cup qualifiers. I rang them and asked to increase my allocation from two to four tickets and they said this should be ok. Happy days for me, but not really fair for anyone trying to get on block booking list.

Newryrep
12/03/2008, 6:41 PM
see under previous threads as to how to practically double your capacity and still not be able to accomodate people on the waiting list, and split up existing BB's:confused:

hp123
15/03/2008, 4:10 PM
Ridiculous decision there. Should be one ticket per person in my view, like a season ticket situation. If I wasn't on the list i would be fuming.

Green Tribe
16/03/2008, 11:19 AM
Got the same letter, not be increasing my allocation, 4 is enough for me.

hp123
16/03/2008, 11:59 AM
Does anyone else on here not feel that it should be one ticket per person? It could easily be solved by offering people with multiple tickets to transfer them to family or whoever takes them and giving each fan one ticket each. It would cut down on touting possibilities and may result in getting more individuals on to the list who want to go to every game. As it stands the person with the block booking, for example with 4 tickets, has the power to give the tickets to whoever he wants and takes the decision out of the hands of the FAI who should be the ones who know where the tickets are going.

Any thoughts?

Superhoops
16/03/2008, 7:29 PM
I 'manage' 6 Block Bookings for myself and 5 others.

By 'manage' I mean the Block Booking is my name, the FAI take payment from my card and then I get paid by the other 5. Four of us go to every game, home and away. friendly or competitive, the other two go to most home games but have missed a number of home games since we started this arrangement nearly 20 years ago for the 1990 WC qualifiers. When they can't go they either pass tickets on to friends or bear the loss.

This works well for us and I am sure it works for the FAI who deal with one ticket holder rather than 6 individuals. The main benefit for us is that all our seats are together, where as individuals we could end up being seated anywhere.

I know several people who have similar bookings and use them the same way I do. There may be the odd few who have multiple block bookings for the purposes of selling them on at a profit, but they are likely to have lost out over recent years.

jmurphyc
16/03/2008, 7:47 PM
I personally have no problem with block bookers getting extra tickets. I'm on the waiting list myself and I don't mind waiting longer because of this. Most of the current block bookers have bade their time on the waiting list too, so IMO they deserve it. As for touts, they would probably find ways around this even if it was one ticket for one person. The only way to eradicate them is to mail the seat number to the FAI if you have bought an overpriced ticket.

NeilMcD
16/03/2008, 8:35 PM
I am on the block booking and I was offered extra tickets but I think they should have offered tickets to those on the waiting list rather than to the likes of me.

Greenforever
17/03/2008, 10:06 AM
Does anyone else on here not feel that it should be one ticket per person? It could easily be solved by offering people with multiple tickets to transfer them to family or whoever takes them and giving each fan one ticket each. It would cut down on touting possibilities and may result in getting more individuals on to the list who want to go to every game. As it stands the person with the block booking, for example with 4 tickets, has the power to give the tickets to whoever he wants and takes the decision out of the hands of the FAI who should be the ones who know where the tickets are going.

Any thoughts?

This is true but if one can't trust their mate to pass on the ticket for all games don't deal with him for any games full stop.

i doubt if any touts are buying tickets on the block booking as they could not make money, based on an average of 5 games a year 2 being friendlies which you can't generally give tickets away for if you have spares and of the other 3 probably only one would you get any premium price for tickets.

Ive managed 6 tickets since the scheme started and have increased that number and will do so again as our groups kids start going to games etc. It is the only way of guaranteeing your seats together. However it might be an idea to register the other names witihin the block booking so that if for example the block booker passes away the rest of the gang suddenly wont find a widow with a booking she neither knows about nor cares about.

shakermaker1982
17/03/2008, 10:43 AM
Well I look after 4 in total (myself included) but won't be asking for more because I feel it should go to those lower down on the waiting list. Once we move to LR if guys at the top of the list ask for a few more will this effect those guys in the middle/bottom or is it just a one off arrangement i.e. once we move we revert back to our original allocation.

Newryrep
17/03/2008, 12:01 PM
Well I look after 4 in total (myself included) but won't be asking for more because I feel it should go to those lower down on the waiting list. Once we move to LR if guys at the top of the list ask for a few more will this effect those guys in the middle/bottom or is it just a one off arrangement i.e. once we move we revert back to our original allocation.

The ticket office has stated that ticket arrangements for Croke Park are for Croke park only. The ticket allocation was a joke with existing BB offered additional tickets prior to the waiting list, some of whom missed out because their preferred stand was filled (there was no preferential choice), consequently some people as low as No 5000 on the waiting list got tickets while others less than No 2000 did not.
The best guess and the only fair way at the new LR the existing BB will revert to their old allocation and waiting listers will be offered seats probably the 1st 2000 on the waiting list will be OK at whatever allocation was originally asked for. If the above doesnt happen it will be a farce

elroy
18/03/2008, 12:42 PM
The ticket office has stated that ticket arrangements for Croke Park are for Croke park only. The ticket allocation was a joke with existing BB offered additional tickets prior to the waiting list, some of whom missed out because their preferred stand was filled (there was no preferential choice), consequently some people as low as No 5000 on the waiting list got tickets while others less than No 2000 did not.
The best guess and the only fair way at the new LR the existing BB will revert to their old allocation and waiting listers will be offered seats probably the 1st 2000 on the waiting list will be OK at whatever allocation was originally asked for. If the above doesnt happen it will be a farce

Ya i was one of those, am on the waiting list six years but it looks like ive been put to the back of the list now simply because first they lost my application last time out even though it was hand delivered. If anyone who got offered extra tickets is willing to take two more the campaign, I'll gladly reimburse them.

eirebhoy
18/03/2008, 5:22 PM
I'm on the waiting list and I got this letter. Well I think I'm still only on the waiting list.

Newryrep
19/03/2008, 7:43 AM
I'm on the waiting list and I got this letter. Well I think I'm still only on the waiting list.

If your personnel reference has WL on it i assumed it meant waiting lister - seems logical

Newryrep
19/03/2008, 7:59 AM
Ya i was one of those, am on the waiting list six years but it looks like ive been put to the back of the list now simply because first they lost my application last time out even though it was hand delivered. If anyone who got offered extra tickets is willing to take two more the campaign, I'll gladly reimburse them.

Sent you a pm

shakermaker1982
19/03/2008, 10:33 AM
any idea what the numbers on the top of the letter mean? I think I can remember seeing 3 sets of numbers? Will dig it out when I get in.

Newryrep
19/03/2008, 11:09 AM
any idea what the numbers on the top of the letter mean? I think I can remember seeing 3 sets of numbers? Will dig it out when I get in.

Not sure what the first 2 are but the last is your unique No, I am about ~1600 in the waiting list but my number is ~15000 so I would imagine 13400 BB and 1600 WL which sounds about right

Kingdom
19/03/2008, 11:17 AM
I got the same letter and while the way in which they initially organised the Croker seats was haphazard to say the least, I'm happy with the way things are conducted in general.
As for people complaining about touts, there is an option of reporting the ticket number to the FAI. If they get a report it can be traced back to the blockbooker and that ticket/ allocation can be taken away,

shakermaker1982
19/03/2008, 11:18 AM
Nice one Newryrep I'll have a look when I get home.

shakermaker1982
19/03/2008, 11:22 AM
I got the same letter and while the way in which they initially organised the Croker seats was haphazard to say the least, I'm happy with the way things are conducted in general.
As for people complaining about touts, there is an option of reporting the ticket number to the FAI. If they get a report it can be traced back to the blockbooker and that ticket/ allocation can be taken away,

Every match programme has half a page on this. Just fill in seat number etc. Would have loved t o have known how much the German fans paid for those seats back in October. My row and the one infront had more German fans than fellow Irish fans (lower Cusack stand)!!!! I hope they weren't ripped off.

elroy
19/03/2008, 11:32 AM
Every match programme has half a page on this. Just fill in seat number etc. Would have loved t o have known how much the German fans paid for those seats back in October. My row and the one infront had more German fans than fellow Irish fans (lower Cusack stand)!!!! I hope they weren't ripped off.

I think generally in the last campaign tickets were only going for face value outside the grounds. The Welsh game was perhaps an exception. I remember even the Czech game in LR, the touts were selling for face value outside which was very strange (although that had alot to do with Cyprus game the previous sat). With Trap now in charge, I wouldve imagined demand for tickets will have picked up again and particularly for the Italy game at home, the touts will be out in force.

antrimgreen
03/04/2008, 2:22 PM
I'm on the list have requested 2 tickets, missed out last time and was depressed and we debated the ticket allocation round the clock, so i for one will not be disscusing it again. Thanks to the forum i manged to get tickets for 2 games. Fingers crossed this time again.

elroy
23/04/2008, 7:36 PM
Has anyone heard back from the FAI since they requested their tickets for the upcoming games? Sent off an application about 2/3 weeks ago and no word back yet

scousedub
23/04/2008, 9:18 PM
Yep, I got mytwo regular block booking tickets and also the two extra tickets I requested. That was a couple of weeks back and i think the money had be in by either last Friday or this Friday.

Baker
24/04/2008, 4:15 PM
Have been finally offered tickets through block booking. Had been on the waiting list since 2004. Happy days!:):ball:

SuperDave
24/04/2008, 6:47 PM
yeah heard back... i requested two extra to go with the two i already had... and the money has been taken for the other two... just hope they're all together... would be ****ed if they're not.

Newryrep
25/04/2008, 7:45 AM
yeah heard back... i requested two extra to go with the two i already had... and the money has been taken for the other two... just hope they're all together... would be ****ed if they're not.

Might be in the same general area if any in that area become free but doubt they are going to shift an entire row sideways by 2 to accomodate your 2 extra

elroy
29/04/2008, 1:50 PM
Have heard back from the fai but have only charged me for the Serbia game, no mention of the others, so im not certain if ive been allocated the other games as well. Presume so but you never know with them, so gonna try and get them to clarify.

Did ye guys receive confirmations about the other games as well or ?

Fireball
30/04/2008, 9:41 PM
I paid online via their new system. Got no confirmation of anything yet!

Schumi
01/05/2008, 8:14 AM
Have heard back from the fai but have only charged me for the Serbia game, no mention of the others, so im not certain if ive been allocated the other games as well. Presume so but you never know with them, so gonna try and get them to clarify.They haven't looked for money from me for any of the qualifiers yet so they wouldn't have taken money for anything other than Serbia.

Greenforever
01/05/2008, 8:37 AM
Have heard back from the fai but have only charged me for the Serbia game, no mention of the others, so im not certain if ive been allocated the other games as well. Presume so but you never know with them, so gonna try and get them to clarify.

Did ye guys receive confirmations about the other games as well or ?

You'll get a ticket invoice about 6-8 weeks before 1st qualifier and have them to pay for 2 or 3 games and tickets posted about 10 days before each match unless they are very close together.

antrimgreen
08/05/2008, 9:16 AM
If you have been offered tickets for Serbia game on the block booking system then you will be getting tickets to all the home qualifiers. The original letter stated that we would be invoiced throughout the up and coming campaign. Looking forward to the Serbia game already!

casso36
12/05/2008, 1:53 PM
Yeah got same letter myself, but opted out of adding more, 2 tickets does me!

SuperDave
28/09/2009, 1:31 PM
Rumour has it when the move back to LR is made, waiting listers will NOT be accomodated, as capacity increase is largely premium level etc etc.... although existing block bookers who had an increased allocation at croker will revert to their old allocation on return to LR

gspain
28/09/2009, 1:50 PM
Rumour has it when the move back to LR is made, waiting listers will NOT be accomodated, as capacity increase is largely premium level etc etc.... although existing block bookers who had an increased allocation at croker will revert to their old allocation on return to LR

More than a rumour. That is the official line as of a few months back.

I still reckon those on the waiting list will end up being offered tickets but not for a while yet until the sales of the Vantage club are known.

Newryrep
28/09/2009, 7:26 PM
More than a rumour. That is the official line as of a few months back.

I still reckon those on the waiting list will end up being offered tickets but not for a while yet until the sales of the Vantage club are known.

GS any idea when the decision is going to be made? I know they will leave it to the last minute trying to flog Vantage club but they are going to have to bite the bullet at some stage and revert to plan B which will probably result in vantage club members being moved to separate them from the riff raff:)

gspain
29/09/2009, 10:45 AM
GS any idea when the decision is going to be made? I know they will leave it to the last minute trying to flog Vantage club but they are going to have to bite the bullet at some stage and revert to plan B which will probably result in vantage club members being moved to separate them from the riff raff:)

No idea but late in the day I imagine.

The guess of a friend of mine is that the FAI council members and associaitions will end up with Vantage club tickets thus freeing up their bbings for the waiting list. However this can never be a permanent fixture as they will always be trying to sell these tickets.

They may at some stage (maybe before Argentina) transfer the current waiting list to bbings and then create a new waiting list that get the away tickets and spare seats freed up by the Vantage Club.

The bb system ahs servied the FAI and the fans well with good sales for friendlies for the FAI and guaranteed seats for big games ofr the fans who go regularly. This has screwed Vantage Club sales though as much of the potential market already has a bbing.

wexfordman
29/09/2009, 12:43 PM
so if you are currently on the block booking list at corker but were not on it at the old lansdowne will you be offered tickets for the redeveloped ground or lose out?

gspain
29/09/2009, 12:47 PM
so if you are currently on the block booking list at corker but were not on it at the old lansdowne will you be offered tickets for the redeveloped ground or lose out?

That is what hasn't been decided yet.

eamon666
29/09/2009, 12:57 PM
I hope Gspain is on to something here. As number three thousand and something on the waiting list for Aviva, I'd imagine I'd bet onto the BB list if the blazers and association people get bumped up to first class. If I had shelled out for a ten year Vantage ticket, I'd be less than pleased and looking for my money back though.

gspain
29/09/2009, 3:22 PM
I hope Gspain is on to something here. As number three thousand and something on the waiting list for Aviva, I'd imagine I'd bet onto the BB list if the blazers and association people get bumped up to first class. If I had shelled out for a ten year Vantage ticket, I'd be less than pleased and looking for my money back though.

This is only guessing but from a conversation with a friend who would know but he was only guessing too. No decision has been made.

Assuming the Vantage Club doesn't sellout which is a pretty safe bet then the seats will get sold on a match by match basis. There is no way they'll be left empty. The obvious thing to do is to move the council and their friends etc in there and sell their tickets to the waiting list.

eamon666
30/09/2009, 12:54 AM
Gspain. I know nothing about the Byzantine workings of the FAI council. How many people are you talking about potentially being bumped from BB to Vantage? There are ten thousand Vantage seats and best estimates are that one tenth of them have been sold. 9,000 seats is a lot of blazers! I'd be thrilled if you're onto something as it would mean that I'll get to stake my claim to 2 or more seats in Aviva. There's a compelling logic to this strategy as it fills more seats, which is good for both cash flow and optics and it means that even if they are making less on the Vantage side of tings, they have a full house and BBers who'll pay into every game to keep their place. I know I would. I'd say they'll offer BBers a chance to upgrade to Vantage on a game-by-game basis for fifty quid extra or so. As long as I move from waiting list to actual (economy class) seats, I don't mind what they do. ;-)

gspain
30/09/2009, 9:44 AM
Gspain. I know nothing about the Byzantine workings of the FAI council. How many people are you talking about potentially being bumped from BB to Vantage? There are ten thousand Vantage seats and best estimates are that one tenth of them have been sold. 9,000 seats is a lot of blazers! I'd be thrilled if you're onto something as it would mean that I'll get to stake my claim to 2 or more seats in Aviva. There's a compelling logic to this strategy as it fills more seats, which is good for both cash flow and optics and it means that even if they are making less on the Vantage side of tings, they have a full house and BBers who'll pay into every game to keep their place. I know I would. I'd say they'll offer BBers a chance to upgrade to Vantage on a game-by-game basis for fifty quid extra or so. As long as I move from waiting list to actual (economy class) seats, I don't mind what they do. ;-)

Ultimately the FAI will want to sell every seat for every game.

As it looks today there should be lots of space in the Vantage club but little else when you factor in away fans and current bbers.

I don't know the breakdown in figures but a number of bbings must be held by council members, clubs leagues etc. 2 of my mates get their tickets on a bbing from officials. I would guess these are in the thousands.

The easy solution would be to just offer the Vantage tickets to the waiting list on a match by match basis while still trying to sell Vantage club tickets.

However you would guess that many of the waiting list are young fans looking for the cheapest seat possible. The friends and family of many council members are more likely to want the padded seats etc and wouldn't mind paying a bit more. It would make sense to offer them a temporary relocation to the Vantage club until it sells out (if ever).

However one thing I know is that certain businesses have block bookings and indeed these would have been prime customers for the Vantage Club otherwise. I'm sure the FAI would love to convert them into corporate seats but they are hardly going to switch.

Now I don't think this decision has been made yet. However it seems to be the most logical way of filling the stadium.

SuperDave
30/09/2009, 6:09 PM
I sent this email to FAI ticket office

Hi,

I am currently on the waiting list for Block Booking tickets and get tickets for every game at Croke Park and I have heard from people who have taken a tour of the new stadium that those currently on the waiting list and receiving tickets at Croke Park will not be accomodated when the new stadium is completed. I was just wondering if this was correct, or if a decision had even been made on the point. Any information you had would be most appreciated.

And received this reply:

Ticket allocations for Aviva stadium have not been made yet. We have only confirmed to our block bookers their allocation of the amount of tickets they received in Lansdowne Road. There is no information on who off our waiting list will be receiving an allocation yet.

dynamo kerry
01/10/2009, 12:43 PM

thank you - now my WL14869 makes so much more sense!

aidz1
01/10/2009, 2:41 PM
Reckon there could be a good bit of movement on waiting listers to block bookers.

nobody has been upgraded to bb for about 3-4 years now (cos of moving to croker).
I reckon there are quite a lot of existing block bookers that would have dropped their option of block booking because of economic circumstances and performance of team under stan.

By the time this is sorted for next summer (with added capacity too), i'd guess a good few thousand on the waiting list will be offered the chance..

eamon666
01/10/2009, 11:34 PM
Reckon there could be a good bit of movement on waiting listers to block bookers.

nobody has been upgraded to bb for about 3-4 years now (cos of moving to croker).
I reckon there are quite a lot of existing block bookers that would have dropped their option of block booking because of economic circumstances and performance of team under stan.

By the time this is sorted for next summer (with added capacity too), i'd guess a good few thousand on the waiting list will be offered the chance..

Hope you're right, aidz1, though remember that although the Aviva has more capacity (50,000) than the old Lansdowne Road (36,000 fully seated), 10,000 of those seats are premier and 1,300 in boxes, so there's only an extra 2,700 seats for the block bookers. Assuming most people want 2 tickets that means that 1,350 waiting list people will be accomodated. That figure might increase due to people dropping off the list due to ill health, financial or family circumstances or disinterest with the team. We'll have to wait and see what the FAI does. They have already contacted existing Lansdowne Road block bookers to confirm their allocations.

gspain
02/10/2009, 8:34 AM
Hope you're right, aidz1, though remember that although the Aviva has more capacity (50,000) than the old Lansdowne Road (36,000 fully seated), 10,000 of those seats are premier and 1,300 in boxes, so there's only an extra 2,700 seats for the block bookers. Assuming most people want 2 tickets that means that 1,350 waiting list people will be accomodated. That figure might increase due to people dropping off the list due to ill health, financial or family circumstances or disinterest with the team. We'll have to wait and see what the FAI does. They have already contacted existing Lansdowne Road block bookers to confirm their allocations.

Unfortunately the away allocation goes from 3,600 to 5,000 assuming the rest of your figures are correct. This only leaves 1,300 by your figures.

The Waiting list will be first in line for the away tickets if not needed however
if we get an England or a Holland these will all be taken.

SuperDave
02/10/2009, 6:15 PM
Unfortunately the away allocation goes from 3,600 to 5,000 assuming the rest of your figures are correct. This only leaves 1,300 by your figures.

The Waiting list will be first in line for the away tickets if not needed however
if we get an England or a Holland these will all be taken.

rumour has it the away allocation is being cut from 10% to 5%, hence down to 2,500, allowing an xtra 1,100 seats. Also, the people targeted for premium tickets are block bookers.... i think we will all be waiting and seeing....

ArdeeBhoy
02/10/2009, 6:44 PM
It's all going to depend on whether they sell all the 11300 corporate-type seats.
The boxes are one thing, but hopefully not all the rest are sold and another couple of thousand are available on a 'General Sale' basis?