PDA

View Full Version : Jackeen Scum to be done?

Neil
08/07/2003, 2:20 PM
Anxious wait for Heary

Shelbourne captain Owen Heary could be facing a lengthy ban if the eircom League decide to punish him for an alleged push on referee Jimmy O’Neill during Shels 0-0 draw with Cork City earlier in the season.

Although O’Neill did not mention the incident in his match report which has subsequently seen him demoted to fourth official for a month for failing to do so, Referee’s Chief Pat Kelly has asked for the League to review the incident.

Heary was judged to have made physical contact with O’Neill after he awarded a controversial penalty to Cork and sent Shelbourne midfielder Jim Crawford to the line.

The League’s management committee are due to meet on July 28 whereby the matter will be discussed and the Shels skipper could be hit with a long suspension if found guilty.

"I have sent a letter and a video of the game and it is now up to the League to make a decision," said Kelly. " It is clear from the footage that there was physical contact and it is up to the League to look at it and make its mind up on what to do."

eleven-a-side.com

joe
08/07/2003, 2:23 PM
Although O’Neill did not mention the incident in his match report which has subsequently seen him demoted to fourth official for a month for failing to do so

pity he wasn't fourth official in dayler the other night :rolleyes:

Macy
08/07/2003, 2:54 PM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
took them long enough to bring up this incident! God the FAI!
Not wanting to defend the FAI, but if Kelly only reported the incident now, how were the FAI (although I think this goes to the eL) to act quicker?

Ref
08/07/2003, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Not wanting to defend the FAI, but if Kelly only reported the incident now, how were the FAI (although I think this goes to the eL) to act quicker?

The League’s management committee are due to meet on July 28 whereby the matter will be discussed

they probably haven't met since that game.

doesn't matter whether the video was sent a minute after the game or yesterday if they're not meeting until july 28.

it takes a LOT longer in England.

pete
08/07/2003, 5:49 PM
Firstly comparisons with England are unfair cos of the size of their operation & resources.

I think the Management Committee only meet monthly so 28 July would make sense if Kelly only just now reported the matter.

Must be a month since the Shel$ game so very surprising Kelly not report until now.

If O'Neill has been demoted for a month the FAI/eL must consider Hearys action fairly serious & worthy of consideration.

I would think Heary has a fairly good disciplinary report & good reputaion which will probably help him but the video clearly showed what happened & would be amazing if he got off with a ban of some sort as would set bad precedent.

Éanna
08/07/2003, 7:43 PM
One of the few times you'll ever hear me say anything like this but "Well done pta kelly and well done the FAI." It's about time this kind of thing was dealt with, shels are always getting away with it. And while it would have been nice to have seen it done sooner, "better late than never". :)

patsh
08/07/2003, 8:46 PM
There were more players than Heary involved.
O'Neill was aggressively confronted by at least 3 players, and a lot of physical contact was made.

Éanna
09/07/2003, 5:51 PM
Heary is probably the one they're going after cos he's the captain and therefore has extra responsibility