PDA

View Full Version : Donadoni to quit after Euro 2008

joe_barry80
12/03/2008, 11:57 AM
Just read on the teletext here in Austria that Donadoni will quit after the Euro 2008.

http://sport.orf.at/

Please feel free to move ths tread if in the wrong place

jmurphyc
12/03/2008, 12:32 PM
Not too surprising if true. I'm just surprised that he announced it this early. Wonder who the new man will be and how it'll affect our chances.

cavan_fan
12/03/2008, 12:35 PM
Mancini and Ancelloti are both going to be looking for work in the autumn, I suspect Ancelotti.

Wolfie
12/03/2008, 12:37 PM
Step forward Billy Davis.

L37Ultra
12/03/2008, 12:49 PM
Pity Steve Stantoun is gone to Leeds:(

eirebhoy
12/03/2008, 1:03 PM
Not great news imo. I don't rate Donadoni.

Theskinloyal
12/03/2008, 1:12 PM
Yeah Donadoni wasn't doing a great job at Livorno before he got the national job. I think the fact that they've struggled since he left was more to do with Lucarelli leaving then him.

I'd predict Ancelotti for the national job and then Mourinho to step into Milan, I can't believe Milan have kept Ancelotti on for so long but he's still really highly respected in Italy.

amjl
12/03/2008, 4:09 PM
Did he decide to step down after Mancini decided quit Inter Milan?

TheBoss
12/03/2008, 5:14 PM
Yeah Donadoni wasn't doing a great job at Livorno before he got the national job.

You sure about that; They were 6th in 05-06 when he quit them.

Theskinloyal
12/03/2008, 9:00 PM
As I said I believe that's got more to do with Crisitano Lucarelli the Donadoni.

Armando
13/03/2008, 12:55 AM
I don't think that article says he is stepping down?

As far as I know he is expected to make at least the semi-finals and if not his contract will not be renewed.

graham_d
13/03/2008, 9:36 AM
Joe was right -

Italiens Nationaltrainer Roberto Donadoni hat am Mittwoch das Angebot des nationalen Fußballverbandes FIGC zur vorzeitigen Verlängerung seines Vertrages abgelehnt.

Der Coach sei mit der eingebauten Klausel "Erreichen des EM-Halbfinales" nicht einverstanden, berichtete die "Gazzetta dello Sport". Donadoni hatte sich einen eindeutigen Vertrauensbeweis des Verbands gewünscht. Sein Vertrag endet damit nach der EM im Sommer.

Italy's national coach Donadoni rejected the FIGC's offer of an early extension of his contract on Wednesday.

The coach did not agree with the inclusion of a clause on reaching the Euro semi-finals, reports the Gazzetta dello Sport. Donadoni had been hoping for a clear sign of trust from the association. His contract therefore ends in the summer after the Euros.