PDA

View Full Version : Rvrs Game

yan
08/07/2003, 11:38 AM
if this is a stupid question, just say so,

is the city v rvrs game on this weekend, if its off,is there another date for it??

NorthoftheLee
08/07/2003, 11:38 AM
Ok I was away when all this stuff with moving the rovers game came out.....

can someone please tell me when this game has been rescheduled for?

Please let it be tues 15th...cant wait any longer for it.......and certainly can't wait untill the 18th for the waterford match.....ahhhhhh.... that'll be a month and 5 days without footie...nooooooo!!!!!!!!!

NorthoftheLee
08/07/2003, 11:40 AM
posted my thread at the same time....!! merge probably!!

Trax
08/07/2003, 11:48 AM
Nobody seems sure at the Mo.I've heard that it could be on again for Friday night although I doubt it considering Shams have the Inter-toto at the weekend.I've also heard that it could be re-arranged for Tues night which seems a bit more likely although there's been no definite word yet.

Neil
08/07/2003, 11:52 AM
Nobody knows when the game will be played.
It was only a rumour that it would go ahead Friday... I can't see it happening now. And AFAIK it's definitely not Tuesday either.

Ref
08/07/2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by yan
is the city v rvrs game on this weekend

no.

NorthoftheLee
08/07/2003, 12:43 PM
isnt this all a little bit pathetic..... come on FAI and get it sorted....who has the final say on this......surely the fans should be let known for definite when its gonns be on........

and for the rovers fans who want to travel down..........

Schumi
08/07/2003, 1:03 PM
But Rovers aren't out of Europe yet so they don't know when they'll be able to play the rearranged matches. They also have to rearrange their matches against us and Bohs first.

Troy.McClure
08/07/2003, 1:53 PM
I can only say that Im Shocked and Awed!!! :eek: :confused: :o

NorthoftheLee
08/07/2003, 2:05 PM
Your man should try and stand in the shed end for the home leg.....get the real jist when rovers are playing into that goal.....

but there are a lot of genuine rovers fans and obviously the ones with jobs and not needles were the ones who were able to make the trip........:)

tiktok
08/07/2003, 9:20 PM
we give them a lot of stick but fair play, they've travelled in numbers again a fortnight after the polish game and obviously made a good impression both with locals and observers.

well done the hoops fans.

Éanna
09/07/2003, 5:55 PM
Yeah, credit where its due i guess.

cfcgirl
09/07/2003, 6:02 PM
thats good news to hear it not only give shams fans a good name but also Ireland and that conts for someting well done to the travelling shams fans

Éanna
09/07/2003, 10:48 PM
I dunno, whatever about other occasions, clubs in this league generally seem to use a bit of cop on and accommodate each other when it comes to european games.

tiktok
09/07/2003, 11:03 PM
come off it corkcityfan1,

we all know well that if we were playing in europe on a weekend, no one would be forcing us to play a league game on the friday night, it wouldn't happen.

tiktok
09/07/2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
apparently City want to reschedule the Rovers game under the rules of the FAI but they FAI wont allow them.:rolleyes:

how do you mean?
is it because rovers have already had two games postponed because of the intertoto cup so rescheduling games might not be as straightforward as it usually is.

liamon
10/07/2003, 8:53 AM
I think we need a little perspective here. What if the roles were reversed? Despite what P. Dolan maight say in his rants, the FAI would allow City reschedule.

I don't like the scum either, but we should do everything we can to support a LoI team playing in Europe.
If that means postponing a game, then so be it.
It's the only way that we can hope to get good results in Europe.

A face
10/07/2003, 9:28 AM
Originally posted by liamon
we should do everything we can to support a LoI team playing in Europe.

I feel the same .... we swhould do everything to help out a LOI team in Europe, no matter who they are.

@ndy
10/07/2003, 9:37 AM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
I Cork city had to reschedule 3 games then we would probably have to play them on 3 successive day! F*uck the fai

Sure you'd probably have to play them all on the same day, and your goalkeeper would probably have to be blindfold...b@st@rds!!!!

Peadar
10/07/2003, 9:46 AM
Originally posted by liamon
we should do everything we can to support a LoI team playing in Europe.

Of course we should.
We need Irish clubs to do well in Europe to give the league more credibility.
Ultimately Rovers stand to be the biggest losers here.
If they can't overturn the 2-0 result from last week then they have to return to normal league duty with three games in hand which will mean they have a very hectic shedule (including a cup game against the most boring team in the league) and could pick up season destroying injuries.
If they do pull off a miracle and win the tie, they'll add further pressure upon themselves with an ever increasing backlog of fixtures.
Enjoy the weekend off Cork City FC, there are busy times ahead.

wws
10/07/2003, 10:21 AM
peadar wait till you get a few games back in
than you'll change your views on the most boring tag believe me

if it wasnt for O Flynn you wouldnt cross the street to watch cork play

Peadar
10/07/2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by wws
if it wasnt for O Flynn you wouldnt cross the street to watch cork play

You used to be Set Peice Ath. Now you can't even get that right!
St. Pats are too big for the League Cup just like they were too big for the Intertoto Cup when we piped you for it after beating Shels on the last day of the season.
What is an occassion or competition big enough for your fans to turn up or your manager to play a full strenght team?
I'm bored with Pats both on and off the pitch.
Always some excuse about why the crowds aren't there and we're always hearing about your reserves being fielded.
Seems the only people going to Richmond these days are away fans and Rovers fans.
St. Pats are top of the excuse league.
Longford for the LC.

wws
10/07/2003, 10:57 AM
ha ha

Peadar
10/07/2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by wws
ha ha
What time is visiting hour down in Portlaoise?
I might drop in to see you on my way back to watch the passing game of Cork City FC.
Suppose you've got plenty buddies from Inshicore down there with you so I could wait until you get out.

Neil
10/07/2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
St. Pats are too big for the League Cup just like they were too big for the Intertoto Cup when we piped you for it after beating Shels on the last day of the season.
What is an occassion or competition big enough for your fans to turn up or your manager to play a full strenght team?
Always some excuse about why the crowds aren't there and we're always hearing about your reserves being fielded.
Seems the only people going to Richmond these days are away fans and Rovers fans.
Longford for the LC.

That's possibly your best ever post Peadar!
nice one!

wws
10/07/2003, 11:21 AM
a penalty is a set piece as well

looks like your first team needs a few lessons :)

Peadar
10/07/2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by wws
a penalty is a set piece as well

A penalty in a shoot out is not a "set piece".
It's a penalty kick.
One chance to beat the keeper, no rebound.
They don't even count for the Golden Boot in the World Cup.

wws
10/07/2003, 11:32 AM
you're right

its better to miss them
they're not that important

Éanna
10/07/2003, 11:46 AM
Longford for the LC.
I have never agreed with a post you've made so much. Well said.

Colm
10/07/2003, 12:00 PM

Ah sure you know Pats, they're way too big for this league!:rolleyes:
The other night they fielded their U21 team and had a sh!t crowd because they were not interested in the LC. Yet when they won the shoot out, their fans, players and management's celebrations suggested it was their biggest victory in years.
When we played them in the league in June, they didn't bother bringing out their 10 million flags because they don't consider Cork as a big game!:rolleyes:

Pats think they are bigger than everyone else in the same way they think Eamonn 'who are ya' Collins is a better manager than Pat Dolan. I'd say the heroin has got to be affecting their sense of reality!

NorthoftheLee
10/07/2003, 12:17 PM
Ahh lads come off the stage like.....

Saint Patricks Athletic is the biggest name in the eL...

....Oh wait ........no it isnt...

University College Dublin is

....definitely more letters.........:confused: :p :p

i'll get my coat.......

wws
10/07/2003, 12:18 PM
so what it to be cork fans?? you cant have it both ways?

on one hand you want to slag pats for a low turn out to see the mighty cork first team

and on the other you back slap brian lennox for actin the fool by saying there was way more than 1000 at the game!

you cant have it both ways!

one less thing for you to moan about....which will ya sacrifice?

bottom line you're out, we're through, best team won. stop bloody whinging about spilled milk

Colm
10/07/2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by wws
so what it to be cork fans?? you cant have it both ways?

on one hand you want to slag pats for a low turn out to see the mighty cork first team

and on the other you back slap brian lennox for actin the fool by saying there was way more than 1000 at the game!

you cant have it both ways!

one less thing for you to moan about....which will ya sacrifice?

bottom line you're out, we're through, best team won. stop bloody whinging about spilled milk

Lennox is right in saying there was more than 1000 at the game, there was about 2000, I'd estimate. However, that is still a really sh!t crowd. So actually, to quote you, we can have it "both ways".

Actually WWS, why did you even post in this thread in the first place? This was supposed to be about our game with Rovers, nothing to do with you. Again it shows that you are OBSESSED! You're hanging around here like a bad smell, now please go away.

wws
10/07/2003, 12:29 PM
typical response from you

"all views and opinions welcome.....so long as you agree with little old me"

its a message forum, for debate and discussion

if you want a closed shop start a mailing list

and lennox is totally way off the mark the same way that one fan in the attendances thread swore blind that there was such and such at dalymount when the official figure proved to be 800 less

thats how way out fans and chairmens "guesstimates" are

Dodge
10/07/2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Ah sure you know Pats, they're way too big for this league!:rolleyes:
The other night they fielded their U21 team and had a sh!t crowd because they were not interested in the LC. Yet when they won the shoot out, their fans, players and management's celebrations suggested it was their biggest victory in years.
When we played them in the league in June, they didn't bother bringing out their 10 million flags because they don't consider Cork as a big game!:rolleyes:

Pats think they are bigger than everyone else in the same way they think Eamonn 'who are ya' Collins is a better manager than Pat Dolan. I'd say the heroin has got to be affecting their sense of reality!

Seriously lads, nobody at Pats has ever claimed we're a big club. Anyone who does so in this legue is taking the ****.

And it is a FACT that we played our reserves. Just like Rovers, Shels, Longford, Derry and every other team bar Cork in the premier. Its not that we're too big for it, its just an opportunity to give some kids/reserves a run out. The League Cup was definitely down the list of priorities and considering that there will be a lot of midweek league games, it seemed the sensible option

The fans celebrated a penalty shoot out because thats what you do, is there a single person here who doesn't love winning on penalties, it doesn't matter if its an under 16 game. The players celebrated because it was a huge achievemen for them, easily the biggets game of most of their lives.

You may think Dolan is a better manager, we think Collins is. But we're only jackeen junkie scum so why does it bother you that much?!

Now I haven't posted about this in a couple of days but YOU lot are still talking about, so who's obsessed with who?

hayser
10/07/2003, 12:47 PM
Hi guys

ian
10/07/2003, 12:56 PM
Dodge I was at the game on monday night I can count and to me it look like to me that there was about 1500 to 1700 at the match. I for one don't think that St Pats have got 1000 season ticket holder's so lets get real and stop all this and just give us what we are intiteld to. And no i don't whant to get involved in your little sparing with the rest of the lads on this. I am just writing on what i saw on monday night.

Dodge
10/07/2003, 1:06 PM
Read the post idiot. I said we had 400 season ticket holders. Add in sponsors, players families and the pats schoolboys team and you could easily have 500-600 there. Now out of a crowd of 1,500 9as you estimate - which must be gospel) that leaves 1,000 paying spectators.... How hard is that to understand....

Peadar
10/07/2003, 1:38 PM
So we're all agreed then?
It's only fair that Rovers are allowed to reschedule their games while they're in Europe.

NorthoftheLee
10/07/2003, 2:05 PM
agreed Peader!!!!

christ that has to go down as an off the topic thread....

ian
10/07/2003, 2:52 PM
Am i an idiot you are the idiot because you are allway's on this site so fu-k off back to your own site and give us ur money so to you dodge up yours.

Dodge
10/07/2003, 3:02 PM
Originally posted by ian
Am i an idiot you are the idiot because you are allway's on this site so fu-k off back to your own site and give us ur money so to you dodge up yours.
best post ever?!

tiktok
10/07/2003, 6:52 PM
:rolleyes:

yeah, rovers should be allowed to reschedule the city match because of euro involvement.