PDA

View Full Version : v UCD

dublinwanderer
11/03/2008, 5:43 PM
Big match this weekend.

So after the Cork performance, what do you think the starting lineup will be? Will he change the team if doherty and foran are fit enough???

i think the only change could be kavangh out (suspended) and myler in and play 2 up front.

Oh and will Matt Gregg get a bad reception??????

superfrank
11/03/2008, 7:11 PM
Eddie has to go 4-4-2. Hopefully we'll have one of the CB's back and Daz can go to right-back where he's best.

4-5-1 at home, against one of the weakest sides in the league would be an insult to the fans.

Green&whitearmy
11/03/2008, 9:29 PM
He has to change it to 4-4-2, not sure who to drop or bring in after the solid performance against cork.

What will it be like on fri, will many turn out to watch it?
Does any know if the P.A music has changed from the crap last year, will he play different songs for every goal?????

braysnumber1
12/03/2008, 10:54 AM
He has to change it to 4-4-2, not sure who to drop or bring in after the solid performance against cork.

What will it be like on fri, will many turn out to watch it?
Does any know if the P.A music has changed from the crap last year, will he play different songs for every goal?????

the only change imo will be myler for the suspended kavanagh, i think both tresson and kenny did enough to keep their place, eddie seems to keep to the same team if they played well.

i really hope the music is changed. i think we had this discussion last year too. its embarassing at times, can they not play the likes of u2 or decent songs... if he plays 'always look on the bright side of life' once this season i'l fcuking go mad:mad:

Roo69
12/03/2008, 11:38 AM
Just in relation to music lads... What type of stuff would you like to hear? give me a list of bands...

We have a few new CDs for this season (u2, sterophonics, oasis, doves, rolling stones, thin lizzy, the coral, the hives, keane, the kooks, foo fighters, scouting for girls, kanye west, lupe fiasco, the hoosiers, muse etc...) Is that the sort of stuff?

3 different new tunes as well for goal celebrations.

We have a good few songs for the teams entering the pitch, but is there any in particular that you think would be good?

All feedback is welcome.

Oh yeah, will have a brand new match day programme this season as well, full colour and better design so should be a big improvement.

dublinwanderer
12/03/2008, 3:22 PM
http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=551&tt_news=314

looks like it'll be the same team with the exception of myler for kavanagh

good to hear about new music anto:)

Green&whitearmy
12/03/2008, 7:45 PM
well done roo69, at laest that will be a bit better this year then..

can the music be different when the teams are coming out, it was a bit ridiculous last year??

dublinwanderer
12/03/2008, 8:10 PM
anyone up for a few drinks in the hibo before the match on friday?

Roo69
13/03/2008, 10:49 AM
can the music be different when the teams are coming out, it was a bit ridiculous last year??

It's actually quite hard picking an entrance song... got one for the 1st game so well see how it goes down and make a call form there

bray boy
13/03/2008, 4:26 PM
yeah music!!thank god!!! how bout dont stop believin by journey very good tune.....justice?does it offend you yeah?arctic monkeys?
and great to hear about the programme tbh i always thought it was embarassing!! good work club!!!

Grasshopper 99
14/03/2008, 8:15 AM
Ill be there in the pub with you

bray boy
14/03/2008, 9:11 PM
pure muck scholboy crap which isnt good enough
the amount of money put into a team who cant conjure up anything that will trouble a UCD goalie absolutly disgraceful play like that again and we can look forward to the first division
rant over :mad:

Hulsey
14/03/2008, 9:34 PM
Optimism for the season right out the window. All they did was hoof the ball. Myler was a disgrace no wonder scully let him go. Very little desire shown from any of the players. Am I the only one who thought taking McCabe off to bring on Ivory to play right back and moving Pender to left wing was pure stupid? If we play that bad against rovers next week we'll be mauled

Grey Boy
14/03/2008, 9:46 PM
Dreadful game. Both sides were muck. We were just a lot muckier than they were. Didn't help that the ref was appalling either, booked far too many imo and was too whistle happy. If that was anyones first league of Ireland game they will never go again.

Damn my optomism.

superfrank
14/03/2008, 9:48 PM
Bray were disgraceful tonight. UCD were a lot better and deserved the points.

Eddie's got to make some changes or else we'll be destroyed by Rovers.

Aside, at least the ref booked the UCD lad who kicked the ball away.

Hulsey
14/03/2008, 11:25 PM
Dreadful game. Both sides were muck. We were just a lot muckier than they were. Didn't help that the ref was appalling either, booked far too many imo and was too whistle happy. If that was anyones first league of Ireland game they will never go again.
Damn my optomism.

Had been at one of my mates to come to a match for months, he finally agreed and then the lads play like that. Really hard to defend the quality of the football on show after that performance. Was so bad I nearly felt like I should apoligise for wasting his tenner on complete garbage. Can't see me managing to convince him to come again

Seagull
15/03/2008, 12:25 PM

Eddie's got to make some changes or else we'll be destroyed by Rovers.

Gormley stood by the dugouts all night, arms folded, not a peep out of him. I reckon he didn't have a clue what to do. Disgrace all round.

Stevo Da Gull
15/03/2008, 2:50 PM
I hate digging into players, I'd rather get behind them and support them but last night was pretty undefendable. Relegation standard stuff. They simply must be capable of playing much better than that. I know that it's easy for us to sit behind our keyboards and criticise but I'd be surprised if any of the players would have anything better to say about their performance.
Only positive - it's early days, hopefully there won't be another performance like that for the remainder of the season.

pineapple stu
15/03/2008, 3:28 PM
Dreadful game. Both sides were muck. We were just a lot muckier than they were.
That's nonsense. I thought we played very well; passed it around, were very nicely balanced and created some good chances. Towards the end, we were in complete control. First half was even enough I though, except Bray's defence was all over the place and Paul Byrne had acres of space. Second half was all us. Overall, an enjoyable game (though I realise how you mightn't think that!) Very surprised how poor Bray were after last week's performance. Getting more and more optimistic about us. :)

Stevo Da Gull
15/03/2008, 3:38 PM
That's nonsense. I thought we played very well; passed it around, were very nicely balanced and created some good chances. Towards the end, we were in complete control. First half was even enough I though, except Bray's defence was all over the place and Paul Byrne had acres of space. Second half was all us. Overall, an enjoyable game (though I realise how you mightn't think that!) Very surprised how poor Bray were after last week's performance. Getting more and more optimistic about us. :)

Without wanting to take away from UCD, we are dissapointed with our performance. Personally I thought it was a poor game. UCD were far superior and yes ye passed the ball around well, and that was all that was required to beat us. I'd have been surprised if you failed to beat us last night.

As regards UCD this season, you should definately be safe. Comfortable mid-table I reckon. Far too good to go down IMO. Possible cup winners even.

Grey Boy
15/03/2008, 6:12 PM

Apologies on that one Stu. Probably a tad harsh, heat of the moment stuff. Still if I were you I wouldn't be getting too optimistic just yet. That was a dreadful game of football. A good team would have been much further out of sight. Bray kept pulling their midfielders back to the last third of the pitch ( I think we thought we were still away to Cork) which gave your lads as much time as they wanted in midfield. And aside from that with the exception of (and only at times) Pender none of the new lads showed anything for us out there. Rowe was dreadful, Myler marginally better and Whelan was a major disappointment. I'm glad you found that enjoyable all the same though.

pineapple stu
15/03/2008, 6:26 PM
Still if I were you I wouldn't be getting too optimistic just yet.
More and more optimistic is relative to the feeling I had half an hour into the season, 2-0 down against Derry and being run ragged.

Still don't think it was a bad game of ball.

Eoingull
15/03/2008, 7:51 PM
This all sounds a bit grim. I'm back for the Rovers game next week, and will try to bring a bit of good luck with me!

connaman
16/03/2008, 12:17 PM
I think we will need more than luck on our side if we are to survive in the premiership, based on fridays performance we need a total change of ideas, the midfield was totally missing for most of the game which made it very easy for UCD to advance into the last third of the pitch. Without wishing to pick on any players in particular i can only hope that Myler, Rowe, Crawley and Whelan improve as the season progresses as these are the kind of players we need to show a good example to the younger players.

fan_1
17/03/2008, 7:35 AM
cawley finally been found out was dreadful vs ucd .goes missin when the game is not goin our way just goes around shoutin at everybody else...Thats why so many teams let him go.myler terrible bad signin imo has no pace at all

Grey Boy
17/03/2008, 8:00 AM
Last season when we played well everything went through Cawley. He'd get the ball hold it for a sec and produce the pass. He couldn't do that on Friday cos Whelan was trying to do the same thing. Not sure if those two can play together to be honest. I guess time will tell.

lostinbrum
17/03/2008, 9:23 AM
Feck, will be home over Easter and was looking forward to the game against St Pat's. Please tell me it's not all doom and gloom.

jonboy
18/03/2008, 11:15 AM
I think we will need more than luck on our side if we are to survive in the premiership, based on fridays performance we need a total change of ideas, the midfield was totally missing for most of the game which made it very easy for UCD to advance into the last third of the pitch. Without wishing to pick on any players in particular i can only hope that Myler, Rowe, Crawley and Whelan improve as the season progresses as these are the kind of players we need to show a good example to the younger players.

where is franco?? lot of people dont think he's up to it but has he not been our top scorer in the last 2 seasons??? we were awful on friday UCD should have scored 4 if not more, myler was a good player but the legs are gone and to make 2 changes at half time was an act of panic by the manager and will do no good for the confidence of the players taken off

Seagull-4-life
18/03/2008, 2:15 PM
I seen franco when I was walking out of the carlisle on friday...some young lad pushed him and called him a "foreigner"...f***ing disgrace...I think he deserves his place in the team

Seagull
19/03/2008, 10:26 AM
From the Bray People:

Speaking after the match, Gormley expressed his frustration about the performance.
'Obviously I'm very frustrated'

:D

jonboy
19/03/2008, 12:16 PM
I seen franco when I was walking out of the carlisle on friday...some young lad pushed him and called him a "foreigner"...f***ing disgrace...I think he deserves his place in the team

does anyone know why he's not even in the squad?

superfrank
19/03/2008, 8:08 PM
Haven't a clue. He's not injured. He signed a new contract over the winter break and why Eddie isn't playing him is beyond me. He wasn't even in the squad for the last friendly. We need goals and Franco can get them.

BrayUnknowns
19/03/2008, 8:50 PM
Just like last season... :rolleyes:

Stevo Da Gull
19/03/2008, 10:32 PM
I'm expecting to see Franco on Friday, then again I wouldn't be surprised if he was left out (yes I'm aware that's a contradiction).:(