PDA

View Full Version : Bus to Sporting Fingal

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 1:31 PM
Is being ran.

€5 deposit at the Wexford game please boys and girls.

Open to Supporters Club members only. (New members are of course welcome)

I'm missing some of the Beboers phone numbers aswell if someone wants to lash it up there.

L37Ultra
11/03/2008, 2:06 PM
I'm missing some of the Beboers phone numbers aswell if someone wants to lash it up there.

Ya ill throw it up on that there now. Should get a few names from that. Good stuff:ball: Is the game friday or Sunday?

jebus
11/03/2008, 2:07 PM
Ya ill throw it up on that there now. Should get a few names from that. Good stuff:ball: Is the game friday or Sunday?

friday

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 2:07 PM
Is the game friday or Sunday?

Don't know yet.

Wouldn't trust their website.

4tothefloor
12/03/2008, 8:30 PM
If it's Fri I can't go, if it's on Sun I can. They'd want to make up their mind FFS...

Lim till i die
13/03/2008, 7:44 AM
If it's Fri I can't go, if it's on Sun I can. They'd want to make up their mind FFS...

It's down for the Friday but I had heard stories about problems with their lights, ala Wexford last year.

Their game with Athlone this week was also down for Friday but is on this Sunday.

Hopefully, someone will know by tomorrow evening

Monkfish
15/03/2008, 11:53 AM
Confirmed by the club last night that its Friday, time?
28 deposits taken last night for a bus so we should have a good crowd by Friday. Full price of the bus will be confirmed later once we get it from the bus company.

L37Ultra
15/03/2008, 5:57 PM
, time?

7:45p.m

Monkfish
16/03/2008, 6:59 AM
We're talking about 4 hours on the road you reckon? (Friday traffic and all that craic)

L37Ultra
16/03/2008, 1:16 PM
We're talking about 4 hours on the road you reckon? (Friday traffic and all that craic)

Ya, hitting the M50 on a friday evening isnt the smartest idea but you should leave it as late as possible to leave with people getting off work etc..

How many names so far?

Monkfish
16/03/2008, 4:12 PM
How many names so far?

So far 28, strangley enough :o :)

L37Ultra
16/03/2008, 6:32 PM
So far 28, strangley enough :o

Good stuff.Its the school holidays :o .They mentioned the bus on Spin FM on their Sports show a while ago.:)

starbar
17/03/2008, 1:58 PM
how do i get on this bus,can i pay on the night

sadloserkid
17/03/2008, 5:06 PM
I'm out alas.

Monkfish
17/03/2008, 6:43 PM
how do i get on this bus,can i pay on the night

Cool disguise man! :eek:

You join the supporters club first then if your cool enough you can go, basically you :eek: or anyone can join and go on the bus on the day (if theres a space left)

L37Ultra
17/03/2008, 11:33 PM
how do i get on this bus,

Depends really what kind of bus they get. Its usually up steps though.;)

Are sure you want to go up to Dublin to watch a "Death ridden club"?:Dhttp://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=895516#post895516

gspain
18/03/2008, 12:33 PM
Good Friday is probably one of the better days to hit the M50.

Exit M50 at Ballymun junction, heading for city centre take the first major left turn at traffic lights, continue on to the end of the road think there's a Heiton Buckley or something like that there, then turn left and Santry is on the lefthandside a few hundred yards up that road.

Sporting Man
18/03/2008, 1:56 PM
Death ridden club LOL, would like to welcome Limerick fans on friday night all away supporters will enter trought gate two hope you enjoy the game.
If anyone would like to stay over the Crown Plaza is the nearist Hotel, never know might even get a drink there.

Monkfish
18/03/2008, 2:02 PM
I'm out alas.

Il cross your name off the list for defo? Deposit has been given to charity. ;)

gate two

Stand or terrace? might need a brolly you see.:o

Sporting Man
18/03/2008, 2:13 PM
terrace im afraid weather to be good. see you there ill be at gate 3 if you need anything.

Santry_Goonshow
18/03/2008, 4:05 PM
This club has its finances in order. It has 3 massive corporate backers and is playing in a population catchment that's 4 times bigger than Limerick City.

The signings made this season will be the most ever spent and when the academy kicks in in about 3 or 4 years the club will be like Ajax or Rosenborg off which it is modelled. i.e. loads of local talent and tonnes of local interest.

Morton Stadium Santry puts most LOI grounds to shame and has capacity for 10,000 if a good cup run happens we are quids in. In about 3 years another 8-10k seater ground will be built on a green-field site to the north of Swords.

So tell me again how you feel it is death ridden.:cool:

KevB76
18/03/2008, 5:35 PM
A bit defensive arent you :eek:

The comment was referring to Limerick ....which isnt death or debt ridden by the way.

Jofspring
18/03/2008, 6:12 PM
This club has its finances in order. It has 3 massive corporate backers and is playing in a population catchment that's 4 times bigger than Limerick City.

The signings made this season will be the most ever spent and when the academy kicks in in about 3 or 4 years the club will be like Ajax or Rosenborg off which it is modelled. i.e. loads of local talent and tonnes of local interest.

Morton Stadium Santry puts most LOI grounds to shame and has capacity for 10,000 if a good cup run happens we are quids in. In about 3 years another 8-10k seater ground will be built on a green-field site to the north of Swords.

ha ha, what a waste of time that was :D

Monkfish
18/03/2008, 6:57 PM

Goonshow newbies :rolleyes:

Monkfish
18/03/2008, 7:01 PM
Bus shall leave Arthurs Quay at 3.30 on Friday, E13 a head, so far I know its a 45 seater so plenty of room for a few more to come.
Il send out texts later or tomorrow when I get the chance.

Could those of you in bebo-land spread the word there too? as im over 16 id only look like a pervy sex pest if I went on it. :) :p

Santry_Goonshow
19/03/2008, 8:50 AM
Goonshow newbies :rolleyes:
.... ouch. Laconic.:rolleyes:

Oh and there's a difference b/t death-ridden and debt-ridden.

Santry_Goonshow
19/03/2008, 8:53 AM
Bus shall leave Arthurs Quay at 3.30 on Friday, E13 a head, so far I know its a 45 seater so plenty of room for a few more to come.
Il send out texts later or tomorrow when I get the chance.

Could those of you in bebo-land spread the word there too? as im over 16 id only look like a pervy sex pest if I went on it. :) :p

The supporters club are making plans to sing "who are ya?" at your 37 travelling fans on Friday. Better prepare yourselves for a tongue-lashing to within an inch of your lives...

jebus
19/03/2008, 9:10 AM
The supporters club are making plans to sing "who are ya?" at your 37 travelling fans on Friday. Better prepare yourselves for a tongue-lashing to within an inch of your lives...

Newbies.....

And we know the difference between debt and death ridden, ref previous threads for the explaination of that joke

Lim till i die
19/03/2008, 12:38 PM

:D :D :D

This trip is going to be fudgin hilarious!!

Morton Stadium Santry puts most LOI grounds to shame

Morton Stadium is a kip of Jackman Park proportions.

Monkfish
19/03/2008, 3:31 PM
The supporters club are making plans to sing "who are ya?"

Gawwwd arent you brill:D, next you'll have a flag with 'Sporting Fingal' written on it!!! from what I hear your 'fans' would only be capable of signing 'alive alive o' and 'Irelands call'

33 on that bus so far, should have 50/60 up there altogether.

Santry_Goonshow
19/03/2008, 7:36 PM
We are, shall we say, finding our voice. The chants I heard on Sunday were
"Sporrrrr-tttinng, sporrrr-tinggg", just at kick off.
"Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, easi easi easi easi", twice as we netted.

Some of the fans were humming the 3rd movement of Mendelsson's "Fingal's cave". It was rather inspirational. Rugby me @rse

Sporting Man
20/03/2008, 7:42 AM
Gawwwd arent you brill:D, next you'll have a flag with 'Sporting Fingal' written on it!!! from what I hear your 'fans' would only be capable of signing 'alive alive o' and 'Irelands call'

33 on that bus so far, should have 50/60 up there altogether.

Now you know why theres a need to keep supports appart.

Santry_Goonshow
20/03/2008, 8:20 AM
Yeah, MetEireann says that Friday evening will be "very cold" with temperatures dropping and the wind moving from a NW to a N direction. The eastern terrace is quite exposed, northerly wind will blow into your faces from your right-hand side. I was there during the special Olympics one evening and it was brittle even though that was summer. I'd suggest warm clothes and an extra coat. Still 37 of you can huddle together, right? ;}

Lim till i die
20/03/2008, 12:29 PM
Now you know why theres a need to keep supports appart.

Why :confused:

Santry_Goonshow
20/03/2008, 4:34 PM
Why :confused:

We might sully you with our love (allegedly) of Rugby. Wait, I bet you fellas are all mad into MOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNSSSSSTIIIRRRRR. :p

jebus
20/03/2008, 4:49 PM
We might sully you with our love (allegedly) of Rugby. Wait, I bet you fellas are all mad into MOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNSSSSSTIIIRRRRR. :p

That's it, call the bloody riot police cause we're kicking off :D

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 8:20 AM
That's it, call the bloody riot police cause we're kicking off :D

Yes, when Sky1 makes the "100 greatest football riots" programme there will be Limerick37 fans talking in dimmed light saying "it started with satire, interspersed with irony, and then went downhill from there...":eek:

LK37oldskool
21/03/2008, 12:12 PM
Lads,wish i was going(bloody work),will be with you in spirit.have a safe journey and stay away from those strange Fingal lads!
Come on the Ssuper Blues! or will it be Greens?

booster 03
21/03/2008, 4:25 PM
sporting finglas.. 2 limerick 37...4

happy????

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 4:25 PM
Lads,wish i was going(bloody work),will be with you in spirit.have a safe journey and stay away from those strange Fingal lads!
Come on the Ssuper Blues! or will it be Greens?

While your mates are travelling up on de bus we've been eating bananas and eggs, and coiffing port wine. You see your lads will be offered Bovril to keep them warm. It won't ne Bovril though. Don't text them. Mwa-hahahahahahahahahahahah-mwa-ha-ha.:eek:

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 9:36 PM
Who are ya? Who are ya?

Cheerio, I made sure to say it to ye at the gate - that was me. Nice to se yis' hope the terrace wasn't too bad.

Lim till i die
22/03/2008, 1:04 PM
Who are ya? Who are ya?

Cheerio, I made sure to say it to ye at the gate - that was me. Nice to se yis' hope the terrace wasn't too bad.

Is there something wrong with your brain??

Monkfish
23/03/2008, 12:21 PM
Cheerio, I made sure to say it to ye at the gate -

Only people at our gate were stewards, so your telling porky-pies young man, unless you were a steward! :eek:

Sporting Man
25/03/2008, 12:21 PM
Hes not a stward and there were no reports of a knife we were told by the Garda we must search.

jebus
25/03/2008, 12:39 PM
Who was the head steward in the blue jacket looking after us? Complete idiot whoever he is, you'd swear we are the Lazio Ultras the way he was carrying on. Plus I'd ask Fingal to get their gates sorted for the next time we play, all well and good asking us to go through a seperate gate, but make sure to have that gate opened at 7pm at least

KevB76
25/03/2008, 12:42 PM
Hes not a stward and there were no reports of a knife we were told by the Garda we must search.

Search away if you like but the point is, it is highly unusual, it is not the norm to be searched on your way into any 1st division eircom league ground. Hence our bemusment. Its a bit OTT, as was the head steward moving us from one side of the terrace to the middle. What was the point like :confused: