PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Forum

jebus
11/03/2008, 10:32 AM
Any chance we could get someone to look in there and see if we can clear out some of the Junior boys who are just stirring it in there? Just because they're from Limerick doesn't mean they support the club and I'm pretty sure if I went in posting the same tripe in another clubs forum I'd be hopped out pretty quickly. It's just gone beyond being an annoyance at this stage

L37Ultra
11/03/2008, 10:56 AM
Any chance we could get someone to look in there and see if we can clear out some of the Junior boys who are just stirring it in there? Just because they're from Limerick doesn't mean they support the club and I'm pretty sure if I went in posting the same tripe in another clubs forum I'd be hopped out pretty quickly. It's just gone beyond being an annoyance at this stage

Ya well said. Was just about to say something about it myself there. Sort it out. No one else understands the mind set of them lads.

dahamsta
11/03/2008, 11:11 AM
The rule about going into another club's forum is very specifically that: supporters from another club going into another club's forum to troll. Criticism itself isn't banned, and I'm not going to ban people just for being critical of a club.

jebus, you've reported several posts, but the posts themselves are borderline, and your reasoning for the reports are weak. Sorry, but you'll need to make more of an effort if you want to see results.

L37Ultra, saying "sort it out" is probably the worst way of encouraging us to deal with it. We're not slaves to do your bidding. Have a bit of respect.

adam

jebus
11/03/2008, 11:15 AM
I'll keep that in mind next time Cobh lose a game by a goal and I wander in to call them all 'saddos' for supporting a club that is going nowhere based on said loss and then harp on with nonsense like osarusan has pointed out here

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=895748&postcount=73

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 11:16 AM
I for one enjoy the shenanigans in the Limerick forum :)

jebus
11/03/2008, 2:01 PM
The rule about going into another club's forum is very specifically that: supporters from another club going into another club's forum to troll. Criticism itself isn't banned, and I'm not going to ban people just for being critical of a club.

On that point, is it okay if say I go into the Cobh forum and point out the many failings of some of their adminstration (or at least failings as I percieve them?) Would it be okay if I went into Galway's forums and started going on and on and on about their ticket prices? What about if I went into any of the Dublin teams and kept bringing up their supposed inability to control their teenage supporters? Or would people eventually get sick of it and get me kicked out of their forum for obviously trying to get a reaction out of them about their clubs?

I'm trying to understand where the line is drawn between criticising a club and constantly doing so just to annoy the fans of said club (the junior fans in question have all said they don't care about L37, so why bother multi-posting on what a joke of a club it is?)

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 2:10 PM
I'm trying to understand where the line is drawn between criticising a club and constantly doing so just to annoy the fans of said club (the junior fans in question have all said they don't care about L37, so why bother multi-posting on what a joke of a club it is?)

Any such line is obviously relative to the maturity of the "fans" being "annoyed".

jebus
11/03/2008, 2:13 PM
Any such line is obviously relative to the maturity of the "fans" being "annoyed".

Yes I'll take maturity lessons from a guy who was moved to propose to his girlfriend due to a scene from the action movie 300

This concerns you how Gavin?

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 2:18 PM
Yes I'll take maturity lessons from a guy who was moved to propose to his girlfriend due to a scene from the action movie 300

This concerns you how Gavin?

You'd want to check the date on that blog post jebus.

This concerns me because I have been previously banned, by your own reporting, from all club forums simply because I pointed out in a thread where you were complaining about your club, that it (was at the time) less than a year old. Regardless of this decision, given that I know disputing such a decision with adam is only marginally more productive than hitting a nail with a sponge, I would not like to see the same fate come to another "bunch" of fans you have a particular grievance with.

jebus
11/03/2008, 2:25 PM
You'd want to check the date on that blog post jebus.

This concerns me because I have been previously banned, by your own reporting, from all club forums simply because I pointed out in a thread where you were complaining about your club, that it (was at the time) less than a year old. Regardless of this decision, given that I know disputing such a decision with adam is only marginally more productive than hitting a nail with a sponge, I would not like to see the same fate come to another "bunch" of fans you have a particular grievance with.

Sorry whats this about? You're banned from where because of me? Funny because I was told you go running to the mods with every little thing I say on here, and yet here you are, on your Gavin pulpit yet again, pretending that you're 'mature' enough not to

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 2:30 PM
Sorry whats this about? You're banned from where because of me? Funny because I was told you go running to the mods with every little thing I say on here, and yet here you are, on your Gavin pulpit yet again, pretending that you're 'mature' enough not to

If you do some blatant trolling, such as your recent swipe at cobh for no particular reason in an off-topic thread, I would report you, rather than posting an insult back or starting a thread about it. I do this partly because that is indeed the mature way to go about it, and partly because dahamsta told me to.

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 2:34 PM
I do this partly because that is indeed the mature way to go about it, and partly because dahamsta told me to.

While we're on the subject of maturity:

This concerns me because I have been previously banned, by your own reporting, from all club forums

Do you honestly think this whinge is why you were banned from all club forums??

And not because you're one of the most persistent, and indeed boring, WUMs on foot.ie??

But No, it was for that once off offence..........

You poor, persecuted, little lamb.

jebus
11/03/2008, 2:35 PM
If you do some blatant trolling, such as your recent swipe at cobh for no particular reason in an off-topic thread, I would report you, rather than posting an insult back or starting a thread about it. I do this partly because that is indeed the mature way to go about it, and partly because dahamsta told me to.

So when you 'take a swipe' at Limerick and it gets reported that's immature, but when you report me for what I said* it's mature? Plus I hear you run to the mods about any little thing, not just solitary incidents, in the hope that you will get me barred from here. I'd counter your claim that I personally got you barred from the Limerick forum by saying that you may be viewed as something of a nuisance, and so are more easily barred from forums than others. Certainly some posters have said worse in the Limerick forum and gotten away with it, ever wonder why?

*(could you post what I said? I get on pretty well with the Cobh lads for the most part, and I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything that wasn't in jest in quite a while, either way shouldn't it be up to the Cobh fans to decide if I'm trying to wind them up? And not Gavin and his Sword of Righteousness?)

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 2:38 PM
Do you honestly think this whinge is why you were banned from all club forums??

And not because you're one of the most persistent, and indeed boring, WUMs on foot.ie??

But No, it was for that once off offence..........

You poor, persecuted, little lamb.Why do you feel the need to be personal about this? There are certain things I could point out re: your own maturity in relation to another Foot.ie poster recently but I'll save you the embarrassment.

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 2:43 PM
Why do you feel the need to be personal about this?

Where are the personal bits??

I'll happily remove them but surely that's all foot related :confused:

There are certain things I could point out re: your own maturity in relation to another Foot.ie poster recently but I'll save you the embarrassment

Fire Away by PM if you wish.

I'll wager you haven't a clue what you're talking about though.

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 2:45 PM
So when you 'take a swipe' at Limerick and it gets reported that's immature, but when you report me for what I said* it's mature? Plus I hear you run to the mods about any little thing, not just solitary incidents, in the hope that you will get me barred from here.Well to put you at ease, I don't think that that is true. I think you could probably count the number of times I've reported you, or indeed anyone, on one hand. Mind you, I've reported you twice today, interestingly enough, though I think one might be related to the other. Read on!

*(could you post what I said? I get on pretty well with the Cobh lads for the most part, and I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything that wasn't in jest in quite a while, either way shouldn't it be up to the Cobh fans to decide if I'm trying to wind them up? And not Gavin and his Sword of Righteousness?)
It was the post in the "Juno" thread about unplanned pregnancies and Cobh and whatever perceived relationship they have in your head. And just now I've reported you for your pathetically aggressive "run along now" spam in the AIL thread; which tbh I should probably give up as a lost cause at this stage given that it has descended into a back-patting session between some aggrieved first division fans and their unlikely partner EalingGreen rather than an actual discussion about the plans themselves. While I should probably not have bothered, your aggression is un-needed, and more importantly, against the rules.

bellavistaman
11/03/2008, 2:46 PM

leave us alone!!:D:D, dont think any cobh fans have any beef with lim fans in a long time.

kingdom hoop
11/03/2008, 2:48 PM
Gavin, you need to be reminded of your opening gambit here in relation to Jebus's annoyance at the interfering junior ballers....

How can you then cry about "getting personal" when that was how you entered the debate? Very immature approach IMO.

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 2:49 PM
leave us alone!!:D:D, dont think any cobh fans have any beef with lim fans in a long time.

I wasn't referring to any set of fans particularly; the posts were in the off-topic section whereupon posters are generally expected to identify themselves by political persuasion or musical taste or ability in online games or some other measure apart from who they support.

jebus
11/03/2008, 2:50 PM
leave us alone! dont think any cobh fans have any beef with lim fans in a long time.

Don't worry bella, Gav has thought me the error of my ways :D :D

Well to put you at ease, I don't think that that is true. I think you could probably count the number of times I've reported you.

And I've only ever reported you once, so by your own estimation I am considerably maturer than you, check and mate gav, or is that less mature, I got lost with all the backtracking you were doing. I'll try and smooth over my rough edges and not spout such hateful words as 'run along now' in future too :D

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 2:53 PM
Gavin, you need to be reminded of your opening gambit here in relation to Jebus's annoyance at the interfering junior ballers....

How can you then cry about "getting personal" when that was how you entered the debate? Very immature approach IMO.
Fair cop, I suppose, but I was talking about the maturity of their actions rather than the unabridged attacks on my personality, both off of Foot.ie and on it.

osarusan
11/03/2008, 3:00 PM
Wow!!

Lots of posters covering themselves in glory in this thread.

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 3:01 PM
the unabridged attacks on my personality, both off of Foot.ie and on it.

Surreal.

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 3:05 PM
Surreal.

Lamp.

Wait, this isn't the word association thread. Care to explain yourself?

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 3:09 PM
Lamp.

Wait, this isn't the word association thread. Care to explain yourself?

Go on shur, this programme isn't getting any easier to write..........

I've never knowingly made an "unabridged attack" on your personality on here or off here :confused:

Expressed different opinions maybe, but your personality??

Kind of hard to judge from foot.ie, is it not??

I for one am far more obnoxious on here then I am in "real life" (Or so I'm told)

I found all the pseudo-personal stuff being spouted odd, hence the word surreal.

sadloserkid
11/03/2008, 3:12 PM
What a crap thread. :eek: To take a wild stab at dragging it back on topic there's an element of junior football fans hovering around the edge of WUMing of the Limerick forum. Any who have crossed over it have been warned or otherwise censured. A couple (just a couple I'll stress before people get upset) of the L37 fans are probably due an infraction for their general conduct there too. Some of the posts reported today are nowhere near troublesome.

Finally I've just noticed that I used the word 'stab' above which is probably a huge temptation to some people. Please try and avoid the urge...

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 3:15 PM
Go on shur, this programme isn't getting any easier to write..........

I've never knowingly made an "unabridged attack" on your personality on here or off here

Expressed different opinions maybe, but your personality??

Kind of hard to judge from foot.ie, is it not??

I for one am far more obnoxious on here then I am in "real life" (Or so I'm told)

I found all the pseudo-personal stuff being spouted odd, hence the word surreal.
Oh, I was referring to Jebus quoting (incorrectly, he seems to have been duped by an April Fool's joke from last year) from a post on my own website, i.e. off Foot.ie.

Not quite "real life" but certainly more realistic than any of our own "personalities" on foot.ie (they are exaggerated, I agree - most people I meet from football forums tell me I come across as a right langer. Even my girlfriend :D I tell them the important part is that I am a right langer:) ). In a similar vain to any particular blog or social networking profile being off-limits in most Foot.ie slagging sessions.

Finally I've just noticed that I used the word 'stab' above which is probably a huge temptation to some people. Please try and avoid the urge... :D noted

jebus
11/03/2008, 3:18 PM
In a similar vain to any particular blog or social networking profile being off-limits in most Foot.ie slagging sessions.

Gavin, to end my participation here, if you are talking about the 300 remark, you mentioned that you proposed to your girlfriend during the movie on some thread on Foot many moons ago, I don't think enough of your opinion to look up your blog to gather this information. I'm off cause SLK has answered my initial query

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 3:23 PM
Oh, I was referring to Jebus quoting (incorrectly, he seems to have been duped by an April Fool's joke from last year) from a post on my own website, i.e. off Foot.ie.

Not quite "real life" but certainly more realistic than any of our own "personalities" on foot.ie (they are exaggerated, I agree - most people I meet from football forums tell me I come across as a right langer. Even my girlfriend :D I tell them the important part is that I am a right langer:) ). In a similar vain to any particular blog or social networking profile being off-limits in most Foot.ie slagging sessions.

None of which gives you the right to cast aspresions (sp??) on my character to be honest man

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 3:25 PM
Gavin, to end my participation here, if you are talking about the 300 remark, you mentioned that you proposed to your girlfriend during the movie on some thread on Foot many moons ago, I don't think enough of your opinion to look up your blog to gather this information. I'm off cause SLK has answered my initial query
If I'm incorrect then I apologise, but without want to to throw accusations around, no search either using Foot.ie's built in search or using Google brings up anything of the sort, the with only 6 results for the words "propose" or "proposed" under my name and all of them of the sort of proposing you do when you're trying to recruit for a completely failed video game project i like just revisited from a few years ago :embarrassed:.

Perhaps it was elsewhere.

None of which gives you the right to cast aspresions (sp??) on my character to be honest manI don't think I have, certainly less so than your own rather damning indictment of my own postings on Foot.ie

jebus
11/03/2008, 3:28 PM
If I'm incorrect then I apologise, but without want to to throw accusations around, no search either using Foot.ie's built in search or using Google brings up anything of the sort, the with only 6 results for the words "propose" or "proposed" under my name and all of them of the sort of proposing you do when you're trying to recruit for a completely failed video game project i like just revisited from a few years ago :embarrassed:.

Perhaps it was elsewhere.

To be honest I don't look at your blog, I don't look at any blogs truth be told (I think I'm always right as you may have guessed by now :)), I could be mistaken about seeing it here, but I can't think of anywhere else I would have unless I was told about it, like yourself I could be wrong, I honestly can't remember but I think I saw it here

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 3:33 PM
I don't think I have, certainly less so than your own rather damning indictment of my own postings on Foot.ie

your own maturity in relation to another Foot.ie poster recently but I'll save you the embarrassment.

I have but the vaguest notion what this is about, which makes it pretty snide IMO.

Care to fill me in via PM??

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 3:39 PM
To be honest I don't look at your blog, I don't look at any blogs truth be told (I think I'm always right as you may have guessed by now :)), I could be mistaken about seeing it here, but I can't think of anywhere else I would have unless I was told about it, like yourself I could be wrong, I honestly can't remember but I think I saw it here

Who knows, you could have been directed to my site by a redirection if you clicked link to an image I posted if I misspelled the link or something.

The blog itself is more like one of those gratuitously indulgent "public diaries" that people with too much free time on their hands tend to wind up creating (its probably a good indication of such, that I haven't posted on it since the start of my masters course!) and the blog post itself was full of in-jokes, e.g. my lack of religion. Nevertheless, I'm glad to add you to the long list of people taken in by it :D

Look jebus, I know we argue, frequently. But what I was saying was essentially what SLK said, that there is a lot of over-reaction with regard to the 'other' limerick football fans and as I went on to, perhaps foolishly, reveal, with other fans in general. Perhaps its just a personal bone of contention but to reverse what someone has already said above, it seems strange to have one group of fans repeatedly asking for other fans to be banned from their forum on a shared space like this, while other fans seem to be nonplussed.

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 3:41 PM
as I went on to, perhaps foolishly, reveal, with other fans in general..

Ah, it's my over-reaction you take issue with :confused:

jebus
11/03/2008, 3:43 PM
Look jebus, I know we argue, frequently. But what I was saying was essentially what SLK said, that there is a lot of over-reaction with regard to the 'other' limerick football fans and as I went on to, perhaps foolishly, reveal, with other fans in general. Perhaps its just a personal bone of contention but to reverse what someone has already said above, it seems strange to have one group of fans repeatedly asking for other fans to be banned from their forum on a shared space like this, while other fans seem to be nonplussed.

If you go on to the Limerick forum though I think LtiD is the only Limerick fan who hasn't taken issue with the Juniors constantly commenting on a club they claim to not care about, it's not just me and L37Ultra. This isn't even in the last week that this has been happening, it's ongoing for about a year now and few of my fellow Limerick posters don't bother with Foot that much anymore because of it, notable posters like LFCInExile (although he posted once today), JohnD and others.

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 3:45 PM
Ah, it's my over-reaction you take issue with :confused:

What? No. I'm talking about the initial post and my initial response, about the complaints about other limerick based football fans You've already indicated you aren't involved in such?. Any issue I've had with yourself stems from the little tirade you went on against me later on in the thread.

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 3:47 PM
What? No. I'm talking about the initial post and my initial response, about the complaints about other limerick based football fans. Any issue I've had with yourself stems from the little tirade you went on against me later on in the thread.

So you're not actually going to tell me what you're on about here??

your own maturity in relation to another Foot.ie poster recently but I'll save you the embarrassment.

GavinZac
11/03/2008, 4:06 PM
So you're not actually going to tell me what you're on about here??Done.

dahamsta
11/03/2008, 5:24 PM
Take it to PM. Are any of ye over 12?