PDA

View Full Version : Kildare County v Crumlin United

Estar
07/07/2003, 7:18 PM
A part from being Brian Kerr's and Robbie Keane's old club;)

Has anyone info on these guys, I'II try and dig up some.

Not a plum draw a match we should win, but better than drawing Athlone or Kilkenny in the cup, who could easily knock you out.:)

d13bohs
07/07/2003, 7:26 PM
We played them in a friendly on Thursday night at Dalymount cos the scum game was postponed due to the intertoto. We won 3-1 but it was only in the second half that we showed any form, apparently they tired towards the end so your lot should have an advantage fitness-wise

Estar
07/07/2003, 7:35 PM
Originally posted by d13bohs
We won 3-1 but it was only in the second half that we showed any form, apparently they tired towards the end so your lot should have an advantage fitness-wise

Can't be that bad if they only lost 3-1 to ye boyz, their season is over I think. Who's their best player? have they any former EL players?:cool:

d13bohs
07/07/2003, 7:49 PM
You obviously haven't seen us play this season :mad:

I don't think they have any former eL players, but I'm not sure as I wasn't able to make the game unfortunately (I got roped into helping my girlfriend move house :rolleyes: Some people don't understand that a meaningless friendly against Crumlin on a Thursday night is far more important than moving some possessions from one house to another)

Estar
07/07/2003, 8:20 PM
Originally posted by d13bohs
I got roped into helping my girlfriend move house :rolleyes: Some people don't understand that a meaningless friendly against Crumlin on a Thursday night is far more important than moving some possessions from one house to another

Life is no bed of roses:D :D

Clover Utd - Crumlin Utd 0-1 in the first round.

I say they are the same standard as Newbridge Town (very average).

If Kildare County don't brezze through to the next round it will be a disaster:eek:

What Div of the LSL are the in, did they get promoted to the Prem last season?:confused:

FAI Carlsberg Intermediate Cup Semi-final knocked out by Belgrove.

Countyman
08/07/2003, 9:50 AM
This will be no cakewalk and has "banana skin" written all over it.

However as their season is over we must have a big advantage fitness wise.

I would have prefered the likes of Bohs / Rovers / Cork but hopefully we can save them for a later round.

It would be interesting to see what type of crowd we would get if we got Bohs or Rovers at home.

I can just imagine the security nightmare for all 5 of our stewards if Rovers came to town :D

Dodge
08/07/2003, 10:12 AM
All LSL teams that are playing in the FAI cup are back training and although their first real game will be in the cup, I've no doubt they'll play a lot more friendlies. Apparently they are a young improving side and they fancy their chances against you ( the brother of one of the lads I go to games with plays for them)

Countyman
08/07/2003, 11:20 AM
I dunno what basis they have to fancy their chances but thats ok with me. I would love to see an away team come to station road and play open football because no one in the first division (maybe galway) has done it this year and its made for some dire viewing.

This is only our 2nd ever FAI cup game!!!!!!!!!!!

Estar
08/07/2003, 12:30 PM
If we ever manage to score first at home we are going to spank some team.

I'm sure Brian Kerr will be at the match:cool:

I'd say Crumlin would be happy with a draw.

County have gone over 200 minutes without letting in a goal, which is a great sign:D

Dodge
08/07/2003, 12:37 PM
probably because all LSL teams think they're better than league teams (until they play them) and seeing as they didn't get away to Cork or something, they're happy enough. I reckon you'll beat them handily enough.

I actually though that was an impressive statistic until I realised its only two games...

Kildare might become my second team soon as i may be moving out to Newbriidge....

Countyman
08/07/2003, 1:06 PM
oh no not another dub in town!!!! ;)
..but you will be welcome in station road all the same :)

sadloserkid
08/07/2003, 1:10 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
I would love to see an away team come to station road and play open football because no one in the first division (maybe galway) has done it this year and its made for some dire viewing.

Limerick are playing some serious ball this year (ask Éanna, he's a neutral) with the exception of our very first match and the second half against Bray on Sunday. As for the non-leaguers if both teams play to the best of their ability you'll win handily enough but football being football... anything could happen.

Worried yet! :p

Countyman
08/07/2003, 3:34 PM
When I said no teams in the division were playing open football I meant when they come to Station Road.

So no offence to the ball playing teams out there who haven't visited us yet.

Lets hope Limerick do make their trip to Station Road so we can witness total football limerick style and I mean that sincerely.

Any chance of Foley staying on his feet next time?? He has won penalties in our last 2 encounters that well.....i think you know yourself....;)

Estar
08/07/2003, 4:16 PM
Portmarnock. St Mochtas, Bluebell Utd have all reached the Quaters of the Cup in the last few years. Saying that their is so many non-Eircom league teams in the cup it isn't that hard to do.
Portmarnock are a, wait for it a, junior team:eek:

Éanna
08/07/2003, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Limerick are playing some serious ball this year (ask Éanna, he's a neutral) with the exception of our very first match and the second half against Bray on Sunday. As for the non-leaguers if both teams play to the best of their ability you'll win handily enough but football being football... anything could happen.

Worried yet! :p
Yeah limerick play very nice football, but in fairnss SLK, I'm not 100% neutral. My basic philosophy is that the less miles between somewhere and Dublin, the more I hate it :D

Estar
08/07/2003, 9:58 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Yeah limerick play very nice football, but in fairnss SLK, I'm not 100% neutral. My basic philosophy is that the less miles between somewhere and Dublin, the more I hate it :D

You must love the moon so Eanna:D

Were not the most attacking side in the world either! Still I'm a firm disciple of Keely's tatics.:)

sadloserkid
09/07/2003, 10:59 AM
Any chance of Foley staying on his feet next time?? He has won penalties in our last 2 encounters that well.....i think you know yourself....;)

cough I can't imagine what you're talking about... :o

ramsie
12/07/2003, 12:41 PM
Kildare County 22/1 to win the cup thats a disgrace ye wont win im putting my money on Shamrock Rovers

Estar
12/07/2003, 1:12 PM
Originally posted by ramsie
Kildare County 22/1 to win the cup thats a disgrace ye wont win im putting my money on Shamrock Rovers

I agree no value their. Limerick could suprise a few people, each way bet of course.

Estar
16/07/2003, 7:08 PM
Home draw for County

KILDARE County were drawn at home to minnows Crumlin Utd in the second round of the FAI Cup on Monday evening. While a Premier Division club might have been desirable in terms of revenue, a good run in the competition would lead to that anyway. There are two mouth-watering ties that stand out with St Patrick’s Athletic at home to Shamrock Rovers, while Cork City will host Shelbourne.

LFC in Exile
17/07/2003, 2:18 PM

Don't think you'll have to worry about that anymore. By all accounts Ciaran is no longer with Limerick. His family has moved to Sligo apparently and he has joined them there.

Countyman
17/07/2003, 2:28 PM
thats bloody great..hope the baldy one doesn't play against us saturday night...i can see another dodgy penalty on the horizon!!!:(

sadloserkid
18/07/2003, 10:59 AM
hope the baldy one doesn't play against us saturday night

You and me both, he's under contract to us for the season and if he turns up for another club for nothing it'll be a real kick in the face...

Estar
24/07/2003, 4:10 PM
Ryan's managerial baptism will not be made easy with Richie Purdy (knee), Alan Keely (groin), Shay Zeller (thigh), Marc Kenny (ineligible) and reserve goalkeeper Tadhg Murphy (family bereavement) all out while first choice goalkeeper Wayne Russell is struggling with a hamstring injury. Under 21 stopper Thomas Curley is on stand-by

Let Wayne stand in goal and let Ben kick out the ball?

1.Russell?
2.Daisy
3.Cronin
4.Ben
5.Razzor
6.Scully
7.Rogers
8.McNevin
9.Hughes
10.O'Connor
11.Kelly

Subs Ryan Gorman Cotsy Curley

If we need a sub keeper, we could get the Newbridge Town keeper, with the new rule he won't be cup tied.
:D

Countyman
24/07/2003, 5:13 PM
Great to see tommy in the squad although at the expense of tadghs bereavement.

I played gaa with tommy..class goalkeeper..a star in the making.

we have a really depleted squad now.

I would have gorman instead of O'Connor but cant see ryaner dropping his buddy.

I have an awful feeling alan keely will never play for us again. He has been out a long time now. Might follow dad.

Estar
24/07/2003, 5:27 PM
Barry is one of the first names on the team for me. Pilly is a nice guy, but plays like a gaa footballer. Not as good as last year.

What Gaa club does Curly play for?

If Alan goes its the clubs fault not having him under contract.

Feck I would loved to have seen Marc Kenny play.

sadloserkid
25/07/2003, 1:26 AM
Originally posted by Estar
2.Daisy
3.Cronin
4.Ben
5.Razzor

Which of this lot is Hutchison or is he out too?

Estar
25/07/2003, 8:47 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Which of this lot is Hutchison or is he out too?

Hutch or Jock as he was called left the club as travelling from Sligo was to much for him. 260 round trip can't blame him. Our signing from Cork City Gareth Cronin is playing well in left/wing back position at the moment.

Countyman
25/07/2003, 9:36 AM
Originally posted by Estar

What Gaa club does Curly play for?

If Alan goes its the clubs fault not having him under contract.

Tommy plays for Moorefield while if Alan keely doesn't go this season I fear he might go next season.

Estar
25/07/2003, 6:44 PM
Off to the match in a few minutes, I'II try and gey some info from the players after the match:D

Summer soccer is great excellent weather:cool: