PDA

View Full Version : eircom League Tv ad

rod1
10/03/2008, 1:52 PM
Did anyone else see the TV ad for the eircom League over the weekend. I saw it first on the premiership on RTE2 on Saturday night and I thought I was seeing things. I saw it again yestersay during the Arsenal/Wigan game.

Looked very good

BrayUnknowns
10/03/2008, 2:27 PM
Terrible advert IMO. If i wasn't a fan of the eLOI already that would do nothing to intice me into a game. Can't understand why they didn't use top quality match footage and full stadium shots with a belting track behind it, would have been much better.

Like 2 out and out dubs talking about football will do nothing to attract crowds into the likes of Terryland, Oriel, the Showgrounds, the Cross etc...

rod1
10/03/2008, 3:08 PM
In the Star magazine last week, they said that it was to be aired mainly on live matches and football related shows on Sky and Setanta- and in fairness both channels spend a lot of time and money on high production values for promo's and ads for premiership football and imo, a similar type promo for eloi would look very poor in comparison- so I think the option taken is not bad at all. Mind you, I do agree about the Dublin accents

Sam_Heggy
10/03/2008, 3:40 PM
2 fans from each club were approached to do the ads afaik.

Young Hov
10/03/2008, 4:01 PM
Is there any sign of this on youtube?

sligoman
10/03/2008, 5:09 PM
2 fans from each club were approached to do the ads afaik.You sure that wasn't for radio?

Sam_Heggy
10/03/2008, 5:18 PM
You sure that wasn't for radio?

I don't know, all i was told was it was an ad, I thought it was radio alright but I haven't seen the tv ad, I was presuming it was something similar to the Gaa club championship ads.

DmanDmythDledge
10/03/2008, 9:29 PM
You sure that wasn't for radio?
Haven't seen the TV ads but presume they are the same as the radio. Same stuff being said as last year's radio. FAI got new people to do the ads this year though.

Schumi
10/03/2008, 9:34 PM
Is this ad the one with the lads sitting in Belfield chatting?

NeilMcD
12/03/2008, 11:05 AM
I think the ad where the guy from Dublin is talking about the late evenings and going to the game etc, is a very good ad. But they should mix it up and have a few action ones also. In addition maybe mix it up and have a few voice overs from Cork Fans Galway Fans etc. As Stephen Kenny said, it is becoming a regional league from a largely a Dublin based one.