PDA

View Full Version : Fanzine

redron
09/03/2008, 10:42 PM
The Supporters' Club will have a fanzine out for the second home match (28 march, v. Longford).

If anyone has any articles, photos or suggestions for what should be included, please feel free to let me know.
Also, any feedback on the fanzines produced last season would be greatly appreciated.

Any submissions received by 24 march will be considered for inclusion, but it would be best if you could drop me a note first (PM me) and as early as possible.

Something I'd like to try out, if anyone out there is gifted in the area, is a cartoon strip. Anyone willing to give it a go, or know someone else who might?
Also, if anyone has full player stats from last season, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ron.

jebus
15/03/2008, 10:12 AM
about bumping this to remind people to submit ideas or articles lads. I might be too sensationalist for this article but perhaps an old school 'Yes or No' article on the proposed promotion of Limerick to the AIL and the AIL in general would be good? Have one person argue for and one against? Any takers?

jebus
11/04/2008, 11:41 AM
Bump for ideas..............

Block G Raptor
11/04/2008, 11:45 AM
Something I'd like to try out, if anyone out there is gifted in the area, is a cartoon strip. Anyone willing to give it a go, or know someone else who might?

Don't know if gifted is the right word but I'm quite adept at drawing and cartooning not sure if you'd want a bohs fan doing it though

Monkfish
11/04/2008, 5:53 PM
not sure if you'd want a bohs fan doing it though

Didnt you know theres some of us here who are on good terms with some of your lot? il say no more ;).

lim til i die is 'suppost to be' doing someting today regarding cartoons? im ruled out of anything for at least another 2/3 weeks given my current circumstances.

jebus
10/05/2008, 9:30 AM
Hats off to Ron for producing a quality fanzine lads, we're more than happy to stamp our feet when our club or our SC get things wrong so let's have a round of applause for getting something very much right

KevB76
10/05/2008, 9:36 AM
Hats off to Ron for producing a quality fanzine lads, we're more than happy to stamp our feet when our club or our SC get things wrong so let's have a round of applause for getting something very much right

Yeah, nice work Ron :)
I enjoyed your piece too jebus :D

sadloserkid
10/05/2008, 2:42 PM
It was genuinely an excellent fanzine, a coupla iffy bits but very, very good overall and a steal at €2. :)

John83
11/05/2008, 3:33 PM
Just out of interest, how many pages?

L37Ultra
11/05/2008, 5:56 PM
Just out of interest, how many pages?

23 overall.

redron
12/05/2008, 12:41 PM
Yes, the fanzine is out (at long last).
24 pages, black and white with colour cover.
€2.

I would be very interested in getting feedback in order to improve for next time.
Also, I would hope that more fans would be inspired to do something for future issues.

If anyone out there can't get to a game in Jackman or to the Supporters' Club market stall, PM me to arrange to get your copy by post.

It was genuinely an excellent fanzine, a coupla iffy bits but very, very good overall and a steal at €2. :)

I was very impressed with the quality of the articles the lads submitted, especially Kevin's review of last year's U21s.:ball:
Overall though, I'd say it's a little word-heavy, and the balance between serious articles and humour a little lop-sided. Unfortunately, the cartoon I was hoping for didn't come to fruition (but hopefully for the next one).

There aren't enough photos, either of fans or match action. A contributary factor in this problem is the preponderance of low resolution digital photos. These may look good on a computer monitor, but are simply not good enough to print in the fanzine. Personally, I prefer to scan in analog photos, but if you're taking photos with a digital camera please invest in a bigger memory card and use the highest resolution of your camera.

sadloserkid
12/05/2008, 12:57 PM
Thought Kevin and Niall's repsective articles were excellent to be fair.

EAFC_rdfl
10/06/2008, 2:25 PM
slightly off-topic but was on the limerick homepage there, mainly coz it has a list of A league fixs and have to say it was impressive. I liked the history page in particular, would never have known about the Real Madrid match etc before reading that! Fair play to those behind it :ball:

Green_Hoop
12/06/2008, 12:29 AM
slightly off-topic but was on the limerick homepage there, mainly coz it has a list of A league fixs and have to say it was impressive. I liked the history page in particular, would never have known about the Real Madrid match etc before reading that! Fair play to those behind it :ball:

Wouldn't go that far myself now to be honest,but they've done well with using the sample page layout from 365hosting I presume?

EAFC_rdfl
12/06/2008, 8:20 AM
i was talking about content myself