PDA

View Full Version : Names On Jerseys

Gerardinho
09/03/2008, 11:43 AM
Isn't there enough money in the league for players to have their names on jerseys, and to have an official squad number for the whole season, especially in the big clubs. Apparently everyone playing for Bohs on Friday was named Kelloggs.

braysnumber1
09/03/2008, 11:46 AM
Isn't there enough money in the league for players to have their names on jerseys, and to have an official squad number for the whole season, especially the big clubs. Apparently everyone playing for Bohs on Fridays was named Kelloggs.

yeah, bray have squad numbers again this year and have put the names on the back of jerseys too. i think if clubs are using squad numbers they should put names on the jerseys as well.

headtheball
09/03/2008, 12:04 PM
Derry City have squad numbers and names on all shirts. With our new kit deal with O'Neills the kit is maufactured only 20 mins away from the Brandywell in Strabane so all merchandise requests can be done face to face with a quick turnaround, instead of using far east suppliers.

gufct
09/03/2008, 12:59 PM
Galway have squad numbers there is a threa on this already.

Seagull-4-life
09/03/2008, 7:02 PM
yeah, bray have squad numbers again this year and have put the names on the back of jerseys too. i think if clubs are using squad numbers they should put names on the jerseys as well.
It's funny that we're a part time club and we've got it done and some full timers haven't.
It's nice to have the names and squad numbers

sligoman
09/03/2008, 7:43 PM
It's funny that we're a part time club and we've got it done and some full timers haven't.Why? It's hardly a big thing ffs:confused:

mypost
09/03/2008, 7:49 PM
Names and squad numbers were brought in to Americanise the sport. Next, they'll be wanting bigger goals, and time outs for McDonalds and Bud ads.

Our players wear 1-11, the way it should be.

Dodge
09/03/2008, 8:10 PM
plucky little underdogs...

Its a requirement for the Setanta Cup

LeixlipRed
09/03/2008, 8:27 PM
Names and squad numbers were brought in to Americanise the sport. Next, they'll be wanting bigger goals, and time outs for McDonalds and Bud ads.

Good to see Rovers upholding the age old traditions of the sport :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with names and squad numbers. The names can help fans familiarise themselves with new players and opposition players

mypost
09/03/2008, 8:31 PM
Nothing wrong with names and squad numbers. The names can help fans familiarise themselves with new players and opposition players

Americans.

LeixlipRed
09/03/2008, 8:36 PM
The 1-11 system might work in the Premiership where media saturation means that even I can name the whole Birmingham bench. However in the EL I couldn't name 10 Rovers players. How the hell is having the names on the back even a slightly bad thing?

sligoman
09/03/2008, 11:19 PM
The 1-11 system might work in the Premiership where media saturation means that even I can name the whole Birmingham bench. However in the EL I couldn't name 10 Rovers players. How the hell is having the names on the back even a slightly bad thing?I do think it's a good thing to have them too, just had to disagree with the Bray fans comment about FT teams not doing it being funny.

GavinZac
10/03/2008, 12:46 AM

Weren't you the one who claimed players should be booked for time wasting when the ball is in play? Like a shot clock? Americanisation, huh?