PDA

View Full Version : Richard Dunne stretchered off

John83
08/03/2008, 2:57 PM
Oh ****. Anyone watching this? How does it look?

eirebhoy
08/03/2008, 3:04 PM
Apparently it looked like a broken leg and there was lots of blood but isn't as serious first thought.

paul_oshea
08/03/2008, 3:10 PM
Left the Reading game after 22 minutes when Stephen Hunt savaged him.

uh oh?

was hunt being a dope.

that lad needs to cop on if he was.

tetsujin1979
08/03/2008, 4:35 PM
From City's review of the game: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=539053

City were forced to make a substitution on the half hour, and with defensive resources already stretched the sight of Richard Dunne being carried off was the last thing Blues fans wanted to see. A split-second after clearing away from the oncoming Hunt, the skipper was caught by the Reading player on his right leg. Physio Ally Beattie immediately signalled that he would be coming off, so Sun Jihai went to right back with Corluka going to central defence.

The news on Richard Dunne at half time was that the skipper had had nine stitches put onto a cut in his leg.

B1977
08/03/2008, 4:53 PM
He lost Richard Dunne to a nasty looking knee injury on the half-hour mark, and he will await news of his captain with urgency.

Dunne's exit, which came after an innocuous collision with Stephen Hunt, meant City's already makeshift defence had to reorganise further

jmurphyc
08/03/2008, 5:06 PM
****. Thankfully we don't have a competitive game for another 6 months. Still a massive, massive blow though.

Supreme feet
08/03/2008, 6:49 PM
SSN described it as a 'gashed shin'. While painful, I don't think it warrants any panic among us. The Serbia game is over two months away.

eirebhoy
08/03/2008, 7:02 PM
Just saw the incident and Hunt did nothing wrong really. It could have been a lot worse for Dunne though.

tricky_colour
08/03/2008, 7:03 PM
Yes its not broken bones, I expect he will be back pretty soon.

Scram
08/03/2008, 9:23 PM
Yes its not broken bones, I expect he will be back pretty soon.

So the THREAD TITLE SHOULD BE "RICHARD DUNNE IS GRAND"

bellavistaman
08/03/2008, 9:28 PM
comments about hunt were stupid, please reserve judgement until you see the incident, even sky sports said styraight away that it was total accidental

billybunter
09/03/2008, 12:04 AM
comments about hunt were stupid, please reserve judgement until you see the incident, even sky sports said styraight away that it was total accidental

thank you. - everyone assumes Hunt went in to do richie when in fact Richie came steaming in with a covering tackle (typical richie dunne) after Hunty had burst past one city player but it seems like some folks just want an excuse to lambast stephen hunt at every opportunity. We need hunty - big time - he was magnificient today.

tricky_colour
09/03/2008, 2:07 AM
Well even if was intentional, which I don't think it was, not unless Hunt has
infinitely more skill than most people give him credit for, it certaintly helped
Reading to three points. Those three points might be the difference between
Doyle, Hunt and Long playing in the Premiership rather then the Championship
next season.
Dunne will be back playing in a couple of weeks I expect, so no real harm done.
(no pun intended, even if you spotted it).

superfrank
09/03/2008, 9:32 AM
RTE said that Dunne needed nine stitches for the wound he got.

shakermaker1982
09/03/2008, 11:23 AM
Hunt MOM again yesterday I see. Nice finish by Long as well and well set up by Doyler.

paul_oshea
09/03/2008, 1:24 PM

i said IF.

drinkfeckarse
10/03/2008, 11:19 AM
Glad it's not more serious. It was a fair challenge but Dunne went in a lot harder than he needed too IMO. May have been a contributory factor?

inexile
10/03/2008, 12:16 PM
Glad it's not more serious. It was a fair challenge but Dunne went in a lot harder than he needed too IMO. May have been a contributory factor?

no such thing as going in too hard, as a young fella i was always told if you pull out you will get hurt

osarusan
10/03/2008, 1:44 PM
no such thing as going in too hard, as a young fella i was always told if you pull out you will get hurt

I was told the same thing, but only about hurling. Don't think it applies to football.

drinkfeckarse
10/03/2008, 1:53 PM

It's not a question of pulling out as that's not what I said. Dunne made sure that Hunt would "feel" the tackle. I'm a defender myself and know when an opportunity arises you make sure the other player knows you're there. That's exactly what Dunne did. He could've slid in and cleared it anyway but made sure he went in hard as far as I can see. That's the way I saw it anyway but I'm not saying that was the cause of his injury, only suggesting it maybe didn't help.

Scram
14/03/2008, 3:06 PM

I was told that too when I was a young fella, by the 'aul oil rig worker's wife at no. 20 , so I stayed in as long as a could so she wouldn't pull my ears off.