09/03/2008, 12:09 PM
Were you at it deecay?

deecay
09/03/2008, 1:33 PM
No,I txt a certain 6ft ginger.Said ye drew the 2nd half 1-1 aswell

Red&White Rover
09/03/2008, 3:17 PM
No,I txt a certain 6ft ginger.Said ye drew the 2nd half 1-1 aswell

Ah right. Yeah. They had the wind first half too, and we had barely a team,it was a respectable result.

Rovers fan
09/03/2008, 4:14 PM
Ah right. Yeah. They had the wind first half too, and we had barely a team,it was a respectable result.

Oh so you refer to st.johns as WE. We know where your priorities lie!!

gustavo
27/03/2008, 3:59 PM
Apparently we are in a group with Derry and Harps for the shield

Harps fixtures

30th March -v- Derry City (home)
6th April -v- Sligo Rovers (home)
27th April -v- Derry City (away)
11th May -v- Sligo Rovers (away)

Harps / Derry / Sligo are in Group 4. Group winners progress to semi-finals with winners of Group 4 facing Drogheda / Bohemians / Shamrock Rovers in a home semi-final on 25th May. Final scheduled for the first weekend in June.
stolen from this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=86649)thread

sligoman
29/03/2008, 3:39 PM
Week ending 6th April

D) Finn Harps v Sligo Rovers

Week ending 13th April No Games (Setanta Cup)

Week ending 20th April

D) Sligo Rovers v Derry City

Week ending 3rd May No Games (League Cup Second Round)

Week ending 11th May

D) Sligo Rovers v Finn Harps

Week ending 18th May

D Derry City v Sligo Rovers

Week ending 25th May Semi-finals
- Winners of A v Winners of B
- Winner of D v Winner of C

Finals week ending 1st June

90minutes
06/04/2008, 8:31 PM
who was playing for the A team today.
decent result

sligoman
21/04/2008, 8:08 PM
Anyone hear how they did against Derry?

cmak-88
21/04/2008, 8:21 PM
they lost 3-1. raf scored for us in the first minute.

deecay
09/05/2008, 3:24 PM
We are playing Harps at 1 on Sunday in the Showgrounds:ball:

SligoBrewer
09/05/2008, 3:50 PM
will be there.:D

deecay
10/05/2008, 7:34 PM
If your not at anything get down to this game tomorrow,great chance to see some of the younger fella's

forza rovers
11/05/2008, 2:25 PM
they lost 2-1,foyzer scored a free kick,the 2 goals were the keepers fault

Red&White Rover
11/05/2008, 2:26 PM
Who was keeper?

SligoBrewer
11/05/2008, 2:27 PM
Ian Colburn.

Was there for a while, very poor game.

deecay
11/05/2008, 5:51 PM
Poor game,it would be good to get a few more players in when the junior season is over.Ross played class

Soper
11/05/2008, 5:54 PM
Ian Colburn.

Was there for a while, very poor game.

Man, I was much better than him when we were growing up...I should have a trial

srfc19
12/05/2008, 3:31 PM
can anyone post the team

sligoman
12/05/2008, 3:42 PM
can anyone post the teamIt's on www.sligorovers.com

SligoBrewer
12/05/2008, 4:13 PM
It was David Rooney who was left back.

RedRebel32
12/05/2008, 5:16 PM
no offense to the team there but there is one or two **** poor lads on that team, i can only assume the manager wants to get a look at all the boys he has in his squad because t's ahrd to judge during training.some excellent lads to come back into that team,alan mcguire,mikey creane and colin gaule are all players that would improve the squad and were there when i played a friendly against them.bellew is with quayside right now perhaps he will return now they got promoted,and im not sure where mannion is playing but he'd be another lad for the team.

i think this is a great initiative,in the lads few years the u21 teams have been a laughing stock.players in their late 20s coming in from the junior league taking the places of young lads who could have got a chance.no point in bringing in them imo and instead build a squad from 16-21 years old.

now with the A team in place it seems the manager is doing i right with young good players in the side.i wonder will it be the same manager in charge of the u20 team, i know a good few lads at that age that seem to have turned to gaelic.i dont blame them,in the last 3 years at u21 trainings it was not uncommon to have 4 lads total turning up

sligoman
12/05/2008, 5:30 PM
i wonder will it be the same manager in charge of the u20 teamNo, it's a seperate manager. At least that was the original plan anyway.

Bellew along with Creane and a few others are joining in July when the league starts. Ian Colburn wasn't signed as a goalkeeper, just playing there til the goalkeeper joins.

forza rovers
12/05/2008, 6:24 PM
would pat jennings not play in goals for the a team?

DonalE
12/05/2008, 8:20 PM
no offense to the team there but there is one or two **** poor lads on that team, i can only assume the manager wants to get a look at all the boys he has in his squad because t's ahrd to judge during training.some excellent lads to come back into that team,alan mcguire,mikey creane and colin gaule are all players that would improve the squad and were there when i played a friendly against them.bellew is with quayside right now perhaps he will return now they got promoted,and im not sure where mannion is playing but he'd be another lad for the team.

i think this is a great initiative,in the lads few years the u21 teams have been a laughing stock.players in their late 20s coming in from the junior league taking the places of young lads who could have got a chance.no point in bringing in them imo and instead build a squad from 16-21 years old.

now with the A team in place it seems the manager is doing i right with young good players in the side.i wonder will it be the same manager in charge of the u20 team, i know a good few lads at that age that seem to have turned to gaelic.i dont blame them,in the last 3 years at u21 trainings it was not uncommon to have 4 lads total turning up

That fella shouldn't be near the team, he's a waster. Thinks he's too good for Rovers

srfc19
13/05/2008, 12:41 AM
That fella shouldn't be near the team, he's a waster. Thinks he's too good for Rovers

he's quite a good footballer though,i played against him recently enough and was impressed

Da Real Rover
13/05/2008, 10:55 AM

Still a good wee player.

RedRebel32
13/05/2008, 6:16 PM
he is a good wee footballer and handy as a right full, but donal is actually right, he's decent an would start for the A team i'd say, but donal seems to have played with him previously or something as i have aswell.and if you have you probably wouldn't want him as a teamate:o won't be getting the socks or shorts dirty, and not a player you'd particularly count on.should have odds on if he'll stay with them the whole season:Dprobably 50-1 he will lol...all the same good player when he gets a bit of space

of possible rovers senior players i think mcloughlin is the best bet, i'm sure he'll get stronger an is a lovely player.mikee has the same issue size wise but both are super players.haven't seen greene,what's he like?

deecay
13/05/2008, 6:34 PM
haven't seen greene,what's he like?
Reminds me of Derek O Brian,socks down and runs like him.Decent out and out left winger

Rovers1
14/05/2008, 8:44 PM
according to MT, Rovers will have the pick of any SL player next week, doubt many will sign though.

DonalE
16/05/2008, 8:37 PM
he is a good wee footballer and handy as a right full, but donal is actually right, he's decent an would start for the A team i'd say, but donal seems to have played with him previously or something as i have aswell.and if you have you probably wouldn't want him as a teamate:o won't be getting the socks or shorts dirty, and not a player you'd particularly count on.should have odds on if he'll stay with them the whole season:Dprobably 50-1 he will lol...all the same good player when he gets a bit of space

of possible rovers senior players i think mcloughlin is the best bet, i'm sure he'll get stronger an is a lovely player.mikee has the same issue size wise but both are super players.haven't seen greene,what's he like?

He won't head the ball or use his left foot either

Rovers fan
17/05/2008, 3:52 PM
.bellew is with quayside right now perhaps he will return now they got promoted,

I doubt it,I think he has basically packed it in. he didn't seem to have the motivation anyway.

Red&White Rover
17/05/2008, 5:24 PM
Bellew is going to be playing for the A team. AFAIK.