PDA

View Full Version : MNS (Monday Night Soccer)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

cornerflag
08/03/2008, 11:32 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/

Im really excited by this :) cant wait to watch on monday

Con-Con
08/03/2008, 1:00 PM
How long is the show?

forza rovers
08/03/2008, 1:02 PM
How long is the show?1 hour.

DRDoc
08/03/2008, 1:45 PM
really looking forward to this - shame it clashes with a setanta cup game though

micls
08/03/2008, 1:47 PM
really looking forward to this - shame it clashes with a setanta cup game though

Setanta game on the computer on eircom.net, MNS on the tele :)

oriel
08/03/2008, 3:48 PM
Anyone know if they will be showing some goals from the odd first div games or is this purely a premier div programme as opposed to a loi programme ?

TheBoss
08/03/2008, 4:41 PM

Sky+ ?

Dodge
08/03/2008, 5:09 PM
Anyone know if they will be showing some goals from the odd first div games or is this purely a premier div programme as opposed to a loi programme ?

Hopefully its premier league only

pete
08/03/2008, 9:59 PM
Why what do you have against the first division

Poor grounds, crowds & quality. We are trying to promote the eL & hard enough without showing 1st division games.

The Rebel Ram
08/03/2008, 10:11 PM
looking forward to it myself. The cameras were following round Shane Barrett all week and went onthe bus with Rams to harps.Might have been the reason for Barrets poor performance:(

Dodge
08/03/2008, 10:17 PM
Poor grounds, crowds & quality. We are trying to promote the eL & hard enough without showing 1st division games.

Spot on.

SPXcyan
09/03/2008, 12:30 AM
Nuttin bad bout showin first division goals only?? plus it would make all eircom league fans happy..

alabama rover
09/03/2008, 1:55 AM
Nuttin bad bout showin first division goals only?? plus it would make all eircom league fans happy..

It is being billed as all the goals from the Premier! I'm fairly sue 1st Division is not included.

KOH

Candystripe
09/03/2008, 2:55 AM
Feck the 1st division...........they will only bring us down like they did to themselves.

Show only the top league, .......do they show championship games on RTE on a sat night? FFS we want to improve our league not fecking destroy it.

mickdlk
09/03/2008, 3:35 AM
Spot on.

Im amazed by this response

Judging by the attendances thread
Shels V Dundalk had more at it than the
UCD V Derry Match and only 54 less than Finn Harps V Cobh and about 400 than Bohs Galway match.

Add to that Dundalk had more away fans than Derry, Sligo, Bray and Bohs.

So your saying that if a team is in Div 1, you just forget about them and you want to promote Irish soccer:eek: Im confused, how does forgetting about the Div 1 solve anyones problem. Why not develop the skill level of the football in both leagues, but no, you think we should just forget about Div 1. If Pats were to be relegated you wouldnt be happy with this treatment.
Its the Eircom League of Ireland, which is 2 divisions not the Premier Division.

As for poor quality, were you watching the league champions playing tonight because Dundalk Shels was twice as good in quality last night. At least both us and Shels tryed to keep ball on ground.

Use call yourselves Eircom League fans?????

forza rovers
09/03/2008, 6:41 AM
Add to that Dundalk had more away fans than Derry, Sligo, Bray and Bohs.

we had about350-400 fans. how many had ye?

mypost
09/03/2008, 7:34 AM
Poor grounds, crowds & quality.

:D

Sky and Setanta show all games from the lower leagues in their countries.

You're saying we shouldn't show that as well?? :confused: :rolleyes:

Terry
09/03/2008, 7:53 AM
Don't see the harm in showing the goals from the first division?

The Lilywhites
09/03/2008, 8:06 AM
we had about350-400 fans. how many had ye?

550-600.

MariborKev
09/03/2008, 10:01 AM

I am pretty sure that not even the second coming would achieve that.

Raheny Red
09/03/2008, 10:27 AM
Hopefully its premier league only

What they said. However, the shirt scandal is going to get the most attention so it just goes to show ya. That scandal will do more 'damage' than any of the first division games this weekend.

Dodge
09/03/2008, 10:49 AM
Use call yourselves Eircom League fans?????

No I don't. I'm a Pats fan.

:D

Sky and Setanta show all games from the lower leagues in their countries.

You're saying we shouldn't show that as well?? :confused: :rolleyes:

There is no highlights sow in the world that mixes top league action with lower league action. A couple of minutes of the goals wouldn't bother me too much, but the bottom line is that the majority of the first divisionis vastly inferioir to the premier division, and even that isn't that great...

And RTE are sending their own cameras to capture the premier so the poorer quality footgae that the first division clubs provide themselves (like last year at TV3) shouldn't be allowed

Dodge
09/03/2008, 11:12 AM
They should show the goals of the first division It'll only be fair for fans of first division clubs - if the barstoolers don't like the look of first division too bad - no reason fans of the smaller clubs should be inconveinced just to try to impress the barstoolers

No reason fans of the first division should be pandered to while we're trying to impress new fans and sponsors...

Buller
09/03/2008, 11:26 AM
No reason fans of the first division should be pandered to while we're trying to impress new fans and sponsors...

Showing the goals in the high end of the first division for 5 mins in an hour long show wont do any harm.... :rolleyes:

Besides, there are a lot of first divison clubs who have better grounds than premier clubs - Waterford, Shels, Athlone, Dundalk, Longford all have better stadia than the premier division champions!

mickdlk
09/03/2008, 12:08 PM
No I don't. I'm a Pats fan.

There is no highlights sow in the world that mixes top league action with lower league action. A couple of minutes of the goals wouldn't bother me too much, but the bottom line is that the majority of the first divisionis vastly inferioir to the premier division, and even that isn't that great...

And RTE are sending their own cameras to capture the premier so the poorer quality footgae that the first division clubs provide themselves (like last year at TV3) shouldn't be allowed

Well if you look at the highlights from the Shels Dundalk game, you will see the the quality of the highlights are excellent. Here have a look
http://www.vimeo.com/765714

A face
09/03/2008, 2:12 PM
Well if you look at the highlights from the Shels Dundalk game, you will see the the quality of the highlights are excellent. Here have a look

Good highlights there, fair play.

LeixlipRed
09/03/2008, 3:00 PM
The SSDG have been producing top quality highlights like that since last season at both home and away games.

Dodge
09/03/2008, 3:09 PM
Showing the goals in the high end of the first division for 5 mins in an hour long show wont do any harm....

As I said

A couple of minutes of the goals wouldn't bother me too much

They are not the same quality as the RTE cameras. The self made clips are fine and for the past couple of years they're all we've had. But RTE are moving up a level

mypost
09/03/2008, 4:01 PM
RTE are only going to show 7 or 8 games, the goals from the others will be either clubs own footage, or from other channels live games, as before.

I don't expect anything radically different from what TV3 do. We'll still have piecemeal highlights with voiceovers, boring "analysis" from Barry & Collins, and Monday night highlights. Apparantly the game yesterday was neither promoted by them, nor well presented. The tried and failed formula:

5.25: Hello
5.30: Game start
7.30: Game end
7.31: Bye

They were packed up and ready to go, when we were leaving the ground anyway.

It's arguable that Collins analysis alone, will do more harm for the league's image than showing 1st Division games. Setanta are the best tv promoters of the league, not RTE.

Dodge
09/03/2008, 4:26 PM
Apparantly the game yesterday was neither promoted by them, nor well presented.

Con Murphy's a fine presenter and they did advertise the game during their football coverage durng the week.

They have committed to showing every premier league game. That IS radically differnet and something we've never had before

Bosco
09/03/2008, 5:03 PM
Good highlights from the shels mathc considering it was a 0-0 draw.Again last night was probably one of the most entertaining town matches I have ever seen.6 goals,none of them scrappy,2 sending offs as well as probably one of the best goals you will ever see in Hynes' goal for Fingal.

Most highlights shows dont show highlights from both divisions as most leagues have about 20 teams in it,so to show highlights from both it would mean 40 teams and 20 games.There is only 22 teams in the entire eircom league so there is no harm in just showing the pic of goals from some games..

Sheridan
09/03/2008, 5:04 PM
Coverage yesterday was exactly the same insipid format as last season, except much shorter with no after-match analysis (presumably because of the rugby.) I saw Pat Quigley collaring the MOTM after the game, so I assume they're deferring the interviews and presentations till MNS.

They must be getting Morley on the cheap or something. Con Murphy isn't great on the TV, he's not nearly assertive enough but that might improve with time. Still preferable to some know-nothing blow-in like O'Herlihy or Collins.

oldyouth
09/03/2008, 5:05 PM
Good highlights there, fair play.
Excellent production. Do you have highlights of the Shels V Youths game at the end of last season??

bellavistaman
09/03/2008, 5:08 PM
im all for showing first div games.

Con-Con
09/03/2008, 5:58 PM
I think if they show the goals of the important games with definate promotion chances,e.g Shelbourne and Dundalk.(If there was any)

Boh_So_Good
09/03/2008, 6:03 PM
Feck the 1st division...........they will only bring us down like they did to themselves.

Show only the top league, .......do they show championship games on RTE on a sat night? FFS we want to improve our league not fecking destroy it.

Bingo. This "Shannon Stop-Over" mentality for the First Division would be a joke.

Send the camera crews to their grounds for Cup games and Promotion/Relegation play-offs, but that's it.

Boh_So_Good
09/03/2008, 6:08 PM
That scandal will do more 'damage' than any of the first division games this weekend.

No it won't! ... UNLESS the self-loathing, 'dying for public approval' element of the LOI fans keep making an issue of it until the Premiership Oirish journalists finally notice and THEN make a bit deal of it.

For christ sake this kind of thing happens in other leagues all the time. It's not the end of the world the way some of the arm-wringing negative junkies on this board are carrying on.

Grow Up FFS.

Martinho II
09/03/2008, 6:43 PM
one of my pals that posts on our forum is actually working with mns and text me yesterday that we were very close to havin our match on mns.there seemed a huge crowd at the shels match . I dont see the harm in showing the best of the matches in the first division. That shels dundalk game was very intrallin and in acual fact there is a lot of first division players this season in particular who played in the top flight as well last season eg dave rogers jamie duffy rutherford iarlaith davoren daisy brennan

dortie
09/03/2008, 6:51 PM
Id rather watch highlights of Shels v Dundalk than Harps v Ramblers, and its not because i cant stand Harps either. I think 'particular' first division games should be covered.

Blue-Army
09/03/2008, 7:01 PM
So did RTE have more than one camera at all grounds on Friday? Or is the quality going to be similar to eircom league weekly?

gufcfan
09/03/2008, 7:09 PM
Con Murphy's a fine presenter and they did advertise the game during their football coverage durng the week.

They have committed to showing every premier league game. That IS radically differnet and something we've never had before

Having every Premier game coverage is a great step up.

I hated tuning into TV3 on the off-chance I might get 5 seconds chat about Utd. TV3 coverage was a joke. I'm glad RTE are doing what they are, but let us not forget that they are only doing it because of the link between the EL and the international games in the agreement they signed.

Ive said a lot of **** about Delaney, and I will continue to, but fair ****s to him for cornering RTE on the LOI coverage like he did.

LeixlipRed
09/03/2008, 8:32 PM
Excellent production. Do you have highlights of the Shels V Youths game at the end of last season??

We do. If you contact JaFrazer on the shels message board he might be able to sort you out. It's on the latest DVD released by the SSDG as well. See here
(www.ssdg.ie)

LeixlipRed
09/03/2008, 8:33 PM
Id rather watch highlights of Shels v Dundalk than Harps v Ramblers, and its not because i cant stand Harps either. I think 'particular' first division games should be covered.

Aww, how sweet. We still hate you :p

oldyouth
09/03/2008, 10:08 PM
We do. If you contact JaFrazer on the shels message board he might be able to sort you out. It's on the latest DVD released by the SSDG as well. See here
(http://www.ssdg.ie)
Cheers, I'll follow that up

Blue-Army
10/03/2008, 1:02 AM
So did RTE have more than one camera at all grounds on Friday?
anyone?

carrickharp
10/03/2008, 1:52 AM

And I would rather see Shels v Dundalk than UCD v Derry, FFS that comment could start a lot of tit for tat crap:rolleyes:. I'm all for showing first division goals/highlights of some of the top matches there.

I can't can't understand some of the crap posted on here by fans looking down on the first division just because they know (or think) they won't be playing there in the forseeable future!!

It's the LEAGUE OF IRELAND!!!!

Rant over.

Student Mullet
10/03/2008, 2:14 AM
So did RTE have more than one camera at all grounds on Friday? Or is the quality going to be similar to eircom league weekly?

There were 2 cameras in Belfield.

Raheny Red
10/03/2008, 7:19 AM
No it won't! ... UNLESS the self-loathing, 'dying for public approval' element of the LOI fans keep making an issue of it until the Premiership Oirish journalists finally notice and THEN make a bit deal of it.

For christ sake this kind of thing happens in other leagues all the time. It's not the end of the world the way some of the arm-wringing negative junkies on this board are carrying on.

Grow Up FFS.

Eh wtf? Calm down there sunshine. Read my post again. I didn't say that the shirt scandal would cause damage. I was comparing the situation to the first division games over the weekend. On comparison the shirt saga would give the league alot more bad publicity compared to the first division. Learn not to jump the gun in future.

pateen
10/03/2008, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know is it available to overseas viewers via rte/eircom/other on-line?

Great highlights coverage of Dundalk vs. Shels too

bigmac
10/03/2008, 11:40 AM

Are you Richard Scudamore?