PDA

View Full Version : I May Just Have Heard the Worst Song Ever

Marked Man
07/03/2008, 3:12 PM
Building site opposite my living room has the radio on, and it just played a cheap-tacky techno version of Bonny Tyler's already-awful Total Eclips of the Heart.

It was funny for a few seconds, but now I feel dirty.

Dr. Ogba
07/03/2008, 4:19 PM
Building site opposite my living room has the radio on, and it just played a cheap-tacky techno version of Bonny Tyler's already-awful Total Eclips of the Heart.

nothing beats the Dan Band's version of that song from Old School - " I need you more tonight, I f*ckin need you more than ever!"

brilliant!

bellavistaman
07/03/2008, 5:30 PM

Worst song ever"elvis isnt dead. I heard him on the radio."! Oh my christ.

nothing beats the Dan Band's version of that song from Old School - " I need you more tonight, I f*ckin need you more than ever!"

brilliant!

Priceless!!

sadloserkid
10/03/2008, 3:28 PM
Huh I saw the thread title and presumed that somebody had just had a very late introduction to 'I am the Walrus'...

Lim till i die
10/03/2008, 3:33 PM
Huh I saw the thread title and presumed that somebody had just had a very late introduction to 'I am the Walrus'...

Coo Coo Cha Choo..........

They are still easily the greatest band of all time though ;)

cheap-tacky techno version of Bonny Tyler's already-awful Total Eclips of the Heart.

You can get cheap-tacky techno versions of everything in Limerick these days.

Hell, I must have heard that Bonnie Tyler thingy sometime early last summer.

jebus
10/03/2008, 3:48 PM

Don't they stand to attention when that comes on down Colemans these days?

Anyway, SLK's bashing of the Greatest Band of All Time aside, the worst song has to be.....'Sleeping With The Lights On' by Busted....:)

Marked Man
10/03/2008, 5:11 PM
Wow. Mention the worst song ever in your thread title, and suddenly all the Limerick lads show up. What's going on there?

noby
10/03/2008, 6:47 PM
They thought they were coming on to defend Dolores.

jebus
10/03/2008, 7:30 PM
They thought they were coming on to defend Dolores.

You've never talked to a Limerickman about the Cranberries have you?

noby
11/03/2008, 11:16 AM
Several.
I also talked to them about jokes.

Lim till i die
11/03/2008, 11:18 AM
Several.
I also talked to them about jokes.

Surely both subjects are intertwined??

Ash
11/03/2008, 12:14 PM
I was expecting it to be "Here's to you, Ronnie Drew"

anto1208
11/03/2008, 12:16 PM
There is a sup'ed up punto that drives past my work every day at around 4 20 stops at the lights and all i can hear is what can only be described as hamster dance music , you know the kind really fast rubbish beat and then some voice distorted with helium and the speed increased. Truely awfull stuff

Still not as bad as that daft bint Kate nash is it the one with the line about eating too many lemons coz you are so bittar and your mates being much fittar in a really horrible accent. and her follow up i just want your kiss boy kiss boy kiss boy ......... is just as bad .

Wolfie
11/03/2008, 12:34 PM
I'm sticking with this one. Sandi Thom - Punk Rocker :eek:

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=598510&postcount=35

Wangball
11/03/2008, 12:47 PM
The worst song ever is "3 Wise Men" by James Blunt, the second worst song ever is "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall....both songs make me want to bite the tips of my little fingers off and jam them in my ears

That Ronnie Drew thing doesn't qualify as a song, its just noise

Magicme
11/03/2008, 12:48 PM
No its that Sun goes down song that really really makes me want to kill djs that play it. God it is atrocious. Its like a really bad Austrian Eurovision entry.

Save us from such music please.

stann
12/03/2008, 2:04 PM
Everyone on here until now is wrong, except Wolfie.

That Thom woman is responsible for such a crime against music as will stand as the worst song ever for all eternity, regardless of what hellish concoctions are dreamed up between now and then.

That 4 Non Blondes atrocity is a distant second and so will remain.

You may now argue amongst yourselves over the 3rd place. That is all.

ifk101
13/03/2008, 11:16 AM
You can always count of Eurovision to throw up some classics. Here's one from Sweden.

Christer Sjögren - I Love Europe! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWuKdGaN5SE&feature=related

Wolfie
13/03/2008, 12:12 PM
Everyone on here until now is wrong, except Wolfie.

That Thom woman is responsible for such a crime against music as will stand as the worst song ever for all eternity, regardless of what hellish concoctions are dreamed up between now and then.

That 4 Non Blondes atrocity is a distant second and so will remain.

You may now argue amongst yourselves over the 3rd place. That is all.

Lets not forget those powder puff poncey slush ballad merchants "Savage Garden" - who subjected the world to some of the most cornball, vomit inducing efforts with titles along the lines of "I loved you before I met you" :D

Lev Yashin
13/03/2008, 12:27 PM
can i put foreward Agadoo do do....
and That bleedin shocking J.C.B song!

kingdom hoop
14/03/2008, 12:21 AM
That Thom woman is responsible for such a crime against music as will stand as the worst song ever for all eternity

Merely a crime against music?! Anyway whichever the precise crime, I've a suitable stake, some wood, and oil, so if you can locate a match we're laughing..... a wide-eyed, psychotic, vindictive cackle of a laugh of course. :mad:

I'd echo the general sentiment of the OP though. That whole 12-year-old girl techno/clubland hardhouse is not great, to literally say the least. But that would be for the "I May Have Just Heard the Worst Genre Ever" thread. :)

joey B
20/03/2008, 1:24 AM
BassHunter-Now your gone Die F**KING Die!

On the subject of the 'Chipmunk Hardhouse on Ecstasy' Genre sad to say but its the music of the masses as far as todays teenager's go and is painful to the least. I am a big dance music fan but its music with funk and soul not this tripe that makes me want to rip my ears of and question gods thinking in giving us the gift of hearing:mad:

RANT OVER!!!

Wolfie
20/03/2008, 8:19 AM
There is a sup'ed up punto that drives past my work every day at around 4 20 stops at the lights and all i can hear is what can only be described as hamster dance music , you know the kind really fast rubbish beat and then some voice distorted with helium and the speed increased. Truly awful stuff

There was a lot of truly heinous techno around in the early 90's that was adopted as yet another trash talisman of the working/ under class.

The already embraced pittbulls, gold chains, UV lights and blacked out windows on Opel Corsa's now had a theme tune. It was the musical weapon of choice of a lot of skangers.

There were a lot of lads whose musical interests stretched as far as Skooter ("HYPER! HYPER!!" :rolleyes:) and an endless list of no-mark Dj's. It was directly connected with the proliferated drugs of the time - "E" was at its zenith.

There was some tragic sub-genres around at the time such as - "Toy Town Techno". These were essentially the theme tunes to childrens TV programmes with techno beats added - Sesame Street, Rhubard and Custard, Trumpton. I think there may have been a Bosco version at one stage. Strange days.

Ash
20/03/2008, 8:51 AM
Cheese Value - 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rBidCkJxo

McShels
20/03/2008, 10:45 AM
I was at a mates wedding once and as the bride and groom were having their first dance one of the other mates girlfriends saya to her fella 'When we get married I want angels by robbie willaims as our first song'. To which he replied 'No, I waant REM's Its the end of the world as we know it'

Wolfie
20/03/2008, 11:48 AM
I was at a mates wedding once and as the bride and groom were having their first dance one of the other mates girlfriends saya to her fella 'When we get married I want angels by robbie willaims as our first song'. To which he replied 'No, I waant REM's Its the end of the world as we know it'

The priest that celebrated myself and the missus wedding told us that a previous couple had requested Celine Dion's "My Heart will go on" from Titanic :D. It conjurred up images of a bride and groom at the alter with an ever increasing water level rising up around them.

He asked us to guess the worst choice he's ever heard. He said - "I'll give you a clue. The grooms name was Robert".

The answer folks - "I wanna be Bobby's Girl" :D

noby
20/03/2008, 11:54 AM
You know there is a 'Least appropriate song for a public function' thread currently on the go.

Although, to be fair, that Dion monstrosity probably belongs in this thread too.

Wolfie
20/03/2008, 12:00 PM
You know there is a 'Least appropriate song for a public function' thread currently on the go.

Although, to be fair, that Dion monstrosity probably belongs in this thread too.

Noted and Noted.

thischarmingman
20/03/2008, 8:31 PM
The music at the Brandywell before matches and at half time is truly diabolical. We get dance 'remixes' of songs like The Town I Loved So Well, Fields of Athenry etc.

Lionel Ritchie
21/03/2008, 11:03 AM
The music at the Brandywell before matches and at half time is truly diabolical. We get dance 'remixes' of songs like The Town I Loved So Well, Fields of Athenry etc.

There's a few ***** out there who cater to that particular market ...Dance To Tipperary for example. They make these vile recordings and if I had them shot I'd be one to go to jail for it. :mad:

Block G Raptor
26/03/2008, 10:10 AM
t ...Dance To Tipperary for example.

Anyone remember the 4th dimension? similar vein to dance to Tipp & should also be sent to the gas chambers

gilberto_eire
26/03/2008, 2:06 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TN6AhU10XmY

Back to Juno but any song but this girl would'nt even win the Eurovision!!

jebus
28/03/2008, 12:52 PM
Anyone remember the 4th dimension? similar vein to dance to Tipp & should also be sent to the gas chambers

I remember hearing that they are widely respected in the Central European dance scene :D

Anyway, worst song at the moment, Mundy's Galway Girl, that boy was given his last warning by God two albums ago, surely the time has come to take him out? I have visions of Jesus being so he strap a bomb on and go on a suicide mission into one of Mundy's gigs

Lionel Ritchie
28/03/2008, 10:19 PM
I remember hearing that they are widely respected in the Central European dance scene :D

Anyway, worst song at the moment, Mundy's Galway Girl, that boy was given his last warning by God two albums ago, surely the time has come to take him out? I have visions of Jesus being so he strap a bomb on and go on a suicide mission into one of Mundy's gigs

Galway Girl is a Steve Earle song. The version in the cider ad is his unless I'm gravely mistaken.

jebus
29/03/2008, 2:26 PM
Galway Girl is a Steve Earle song. The version in the cider ad is his unless I'm gravely mistaken.

Ah I saw the singles chart and saw Mundy Galway Girl at number two and assumed the worst, I apologise to Mundy and put a jihad on Steve Earle in that case

Lionel Ritchie
30/03/2008, 10:16 AM
Ah I saw the singles chart and saw Mundy Galway Girl at number two and assumed the worst, I apologise to Mundy and put a jihad on Steve Earle in that case

The Galway Girl, like much of Steve Earles work, is a fine piece of songwriting. :cool:

zFlfSeh-Ts8

A large posse of Gae-boys seem to like it as well going by that link. :D

TonyD
30/03/2008, 6:48 PM
Ah I saw the singles chart and saw Mundy Galway Girl at number two and assumed the worst, I apologise to Mundy and put a jihad on Steve Earle in that caseMundy has done a cover version of it I'm pretty sure. Fatwah(which I'm sure you meant rather than Jihad:p) re-instated ?:D
The music at the Brandywell before matches and at half time is truly diabolical. We get dance 'remixes' of songs like The Town I Loved So Well, Fields of Athenry etc.Last time I was at the Brandywell (Which is a number of years in fairness) They were playing the Undertones. Quality. :cool:

sligoman
30/03/2008, 7:06 PM
The music at the Brandywell before matches and at half time is truly diabolical. We get dance 'remixes' of songs like The Town I Loved So Well, Fields of Athenry etc.Whereas in the Showgrounds, we have classics like:
F64rTTOdpGI
:cool: :D

gilberto_eire
30/03/2008, 11:39 PM
Y a it's Steve's song and Mundy does a terrible version that has somehow been released for a SECOND time(along with Steve's version too IIRC)

Gaillimh Al
31/03/2008, 12:01 AM

Ha ha. Remember them alright. Saw them in Leisureland before a Prodigy concert in the mid 90's. Lunatics.