PDA

View Full Version : IL 2007/08 Season

A face
07/03/2008, 12:15 AM
How is it looking lads? Who will take the title? Euro places?

SolitudeRed
07/03/2008, 3:15 AM
Linfield are one point ahead of Cliftonville at the top with just 8 games left its a close one and I couldn't possibly comment on whos gonna win it:(

Also the Glens are just a four points behind so they aren't out yet!

Heres the league table....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/irish_prem_tables/default.stm

also heres the draw for the Irish Cup semi-finals which was made today:

Cliftonville V Linfield (at the Oval)

Coleraine V Donegal Celtic (at Ballymena Showgrounds)

LeviathanNI
07/03/2008, 5:47 AM
It'll be a close one alright.. which makes for a bit of interest..especially since both us and the Reds are in the Irish Cup, as well as the Setanta. I think we will win the league.. but then I always do, and recently, have been seldom disapointed. Except for the Drogs last year, the bastids :D:(

Mr_Parker
10/03/2008, 3:12 PM
There may yet be a major twist with Ballymena and Crusaders up before the IFA accused of paying Amateur players.

Mr A
10/03/2008, 3:45 PM
Um, how would that really affect the race for the title? or do you just mean in terms of those club's fortunes?

Mr_Parker
11/03/2008, 1:09 PM
Um, how would that really affect the race for the title? or do you just mean in terms of those club's fortunes?

Potentially results could be reversed etc with teams gaining points eg If the two clubs involved had results reversed the top of the League table would change from

Linfield 57
Cliftonville 56
Glentoran 52

to

Glentoran 58
Cliftonville 58
Linfield 57

I'm not sure it will come to that though. It will all depend on how the case is treated by the IFA.