PDA

View Full Version : Cork City v Shamrock Rovers

ian
06/07/2003, 6:03 PM
Lads on big red bench tonight city are trying to play the rovers game on friday night so this might go ahead after all. As for the West Ham game it is not to be.

pete
07/07/2003, 9:35 AM
I was originally not so keen on all the eL games postponed for the Inter Toto Cup games but have now changed my mind.

I think any eL game that needs to be postponed for the eL clubs in Europe should be done. Afterall its only a few games which can be easily rearranged & the performances in europe do gain a bit of extra credability to the league.

Juz the Hoop
07/07/2003, 1:12 PM
if our game is to go ahead on Friday.

I admit in relation to the Shels Cork game its unfair on cork for it to be changed however that doesnt mean two wrongs make a right.

If it does go ahead on friday Dolan's statements about caring about the league will go out the window

KOH

JUZ

Neil
07/07/2003, 1:14 PM
Originally posted by Juz the Hoop
If it does go ahead on friday Dolan's statements about caring about the league will go out the window

Don't blame Dolan for going ahead with scheduled games. The FAI are the fools in this mess (as well as Shels and Pats to a lesser extent).

Juz the Hoop
07/07/2003, 1:23 PM
Neil

I wasnt blaming Dolan. My point is that Dolan constitenly points out how he cares about the league if he was to make cork go ahead with the game on friday he would be a hypocrite.

KOH

JUZ

Macy
07/07/2003, 1:24 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Don't blame Dolan for going ahead with scheduled games. The FAI are the fools in this mess (as well as Shels and Pats to a lesser extent).
You left Cork off that list, youse are as guilty as anyone...

Juz the Hoop
07/07/2003, 1:30 PM
why should we be the ones who you go ahead with this game. Ur gripe is with pats shels and the league not rovers

KOH

JUZ

Macy
07/07/2003, 1:32 PM
You mean as opposed to youse changing you game with us back to the Friday with 2 weeks notice??? Fookin hypocrites....

Dodge
07/07/2003, 1:47 PM
I'd boycott all Cork games and urge others to do likewise if they made Rovers play that league game. Was it ever seriously considered or was it just internet ********

patsh
07/07/2003, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
I'd boycott all Cork games and urge others to do likewise if they made Rovers play that league game. Was it ever seriously considered or was it just internet ********
Gee, what a loss you'll be.....:rolleyes:
Pat Dolan did say that he agreed with eL games being called off for Euro ties.
The idea that City were looking to play the game on Friday night came from a comment by Spillage on the BRB. He is not the most reliable source..:o

Macy, you would defend your club as strongly as City fans do, so enough with the insults.
It's the way of this league, and I blame $hels for making it worse, that clubs are constantly forced to fight their own corner. Has Longford always accomodated every other club, never looked for any advantage and conducts it's business for the sole betterment of the eL?
It has in me arse, so give it a rest.

pete
07/07/2003, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by patsh
The idea that City were looking to play the game on Friday night came from a comment by Spillage on the BRB. He is not the most reliable source..:o

Unless i hear otherwise i'll assume its just Spillage speel - i don't get to see the Echo but from previous statements related here from him he seems like a complete spoofer.

As a city fan i'd be disappointed if Dolan forced Rovers to play friday as i think would set a bad precedent for euro games. I'm sure Rovers wouldn't mind too much the game rearranged for a Monday night later in the season which won't cost city tyoo much at the gate.

All these debates about games been moved 'n such seem to make a strong case for all games to be played at the same time & day of the weekend.

Neil
07/07/2003, 2:56 PM
I'd boycott all Cork games

Imagine: Dodge and wws in a 2-man tent outside Turners Cross spitting at people and going on and on about Dolan... :D

Dodge
07/07/2003, 3:09 PM
Yeah but we'd have the best flags ever for a boycott. :D

Seriously though it would've been petty beyond belief. Glad 'twas only a rumour

Neil
07/07/2003, 3:11 PM
though it would've been petty beyond belief.
Kinda like SPats not agreeing to play City on Tuesday night?

Macy
07/07/2003, 3:26 PM
Exactly the same, as youse have a European game on Thursday...

tiktok
07/07/2003, 3:32 PM
i honestly can't understand why anybody would have a problem changing a fixture for a european tie!

i understand that replaying it on monday would reduce the crowd and that everyone has to wait that bit longer to welcome back reynolds, but who would want rovers representing the league in europe so soon after having to play a crunch league game away from home?

Gary
07/07/2003, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by Macy
You mean as opposed to youse changing you game with us back to the Friday with 2 weeks notice??? Fookin hypocrites....

Macy? Ur a muppet. Go away. Ur not being funny, or clever. Last time i looked this was an issue between City and Shams.

I reckon its a pity the game is off, but that said, i know we would be like bears if the same happened us when in Europe.

Still want shams to lose though.

Pablo
07/07/2003, 4:27 PM
is there any official word? what a joke. the liklehood is its off i know but a new date would be handy:rolleyes:

RedX
07/07/2003, 5:45 PM
I dont think the game should be played Friday night.One of the reasons we switched to summer soccer was so our teams would be better prepared for Euro football.To make Rovers play would be silly and could eventually come back in our faces if we were to play in Europe over the next couple of seasons...

Dodge...dont think many people here would be to worried about you boycotting City games.Dont be so worried about OUR club...

RedX
07/07/2003, 6:06 PM
Conor..that South Kerry air is poisoning your soul...

Cityace
07/07/2003, 10:38 PM
Do you know what amazes me???

Someone who supports longford knows words like "boycott".

By the way this has nothing to do with longford.........
so bugger off.:mad: