PDA

View Full Version : What's with this new announcer @ the Cross?

Counting Crow
06/07/2003, 3:51 PM
Is this new match day announcer bugging anyone else bar me at the moment?

I don't mind the City hype and introductions etc but when he starts asking people to "give a big round of applause to our visititors xxxx" it just grates on my fillings or "what a great first half by both teams have had" ...... think about it!
If our opposition have been playing THAT well the last thing we need is some **** getting people to cheer them on further.

All we're missing is when they score, this muppet playing music and getting everyone to give them 3 cheers.

Can you imagine this happening @ Madrid vs Barcelona, or Liverpool vs Leeds, or Celtic vs Rangers..............or Rovers vs City ..... in Dublin?

Come to think of it, anY Dublin Team vs City - in Dublin?

We need to make The Cross as intimidating as possible, not roll out the welcome carpet like it was Uncle Tom's wedding.

Someone please ( if you know him ) give him a kick and get working on our side ...........!

Colm
06/07/2003, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
We need to make The Cross as intimidating as possible, not roll out the welcome carpet like it was Uncle Tom's wedding.

I totally agree with you on that score. However, I think Oisin is doing an alright job but he would be much better if didn't do any of that friendly, "lets welcome our vistors" crap, we're supposed to intimidate them, make them feel as if they want to get the hell out of the place. So, no more of this friendly rubbish please.

Same goes for opposing fans coming into the shed a la UCD and Longford, it's just doesn't seem right. They have their end, we have ours and that's the way it should stay!

ccfc till i die
06/07/2003, 5:23 PM
I agree totally. Welcoming other teams does bug me but what bugs me the most is the way he announces everything as if it should get a big cheer. Like that fella's birthday he was announcing at the Longford match.

Éanna
06/07/2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
when he starts asking people to "give a big round of applause to our visititors xxxx
he'd better not try that against rovers!!!! Nah, I think Oisin is doing a good job (better than what we had before) but he needs a few pointers I think!

A face
06/07/2003, 11:51 PM
to be honest lads, he cant start saying "Welcome to hell" or anything. I think he is doing it alright, maybe if he didn't leave so much till when everyone is pouring out the gates at the end to tell people of the next game, he should say this 20 mins and 10 mins before the end at least.

Cityace
08/07/2003, 12:20 AM
I miss the old "CORK CITY F.CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC."
I think Oisín is a toole.The thing that annoys me most is that he says give city and the away team a cheer.We cheer for city but it sounds like were cheering the away team aswell.AND STOP WITH THE FRIGGIN MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!