PDA

View Full Version : Squad numbers

DmanDmythDledge
06/03/2008, 2:54 PM
Anyone know what our squad numbers for the season? I heard that all teams this season have to have them and most other teams seem to have them this year.

John83
06/03/2008, 3:11 PM
Anyone know what our squad numbers for the season? I heard that all teams this season have to have them and most other teams seem to have them this year.
We've never had them before*, so unless they're compulsory, I doubt we will.

Just to pre-empt Pineapple Stu, we know you hate them and why; nobody cares.

*Except for Tony Mac, but he was tall enough that we probably only had one jersey that fit him. Arms like tree-trunks. Could move twenty leagues with a stride. We're retiring the number 6 jersey, right?

pineapple stu
06/03/2008, 4:30 PM
Squad numbers are the tool of the devil.

Damn, John83 pre-empted me...

In a more serious reply, I can't see it happening. The press release photos taken this week for the season launch show Billy, Timmy and Finny in the dressing room with jerseys marked 2 to 6. I also can't see O'Neill's having anything ready for tomorrow when it normally takes them six months to get 1 to 11 right. If we had squad numbers, we'd have seen them in the friendlies, I'd say.

JR_Ewing
06/03/2008, 10:32 PM
the lads got their gear for the season earlier in the week on a numbers basis. not sure if the training gear number matches the squad number but
it's as good a guess as any!!! :D

Titan
07/03/2008, 11:21 AM
No 1-11 this year although I notice I got 27:eek:
oh well maybe nexy year.

Titan
07/03/2008, 11:23 AM
We've never had them before*, so unless they're compulsory, I doubt we will.

Just to pre-empt Pineapple Stu, we know you hate them and why; nobody cares.

*Except for Tony Mac, but he was tall enough that we probably only had one jersey that fit him. Arms like tree-trunks. Could move twenty leagues with a stride. We're retiring the number 6 jersey, right?

Yes number six has been retired to be replaced with number 9 worn upside down

Aberdonian Stu
07/03/2008, 11:42 AM
Don't quit the day job.