PDA

View Full Version : Free Text Alerts

akearins
06/03/2008, 2:41 PM
Lads will everyoen try and sign up to free webtexts at

http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/25/30/

By signing up you will get team news away results and other team news.
This will also help create a fans database, which is badly needed

Paraic
06/03/2008, 3:16 PM
Folks

What do people want to get from this service?

We don't want to overload people and based on a quick chat with Keith, who will be sending most of the texts, we're suggesting sending one text per week on each of the following (whether we play home or away):

Team news - 1-2 days before match
Starting line-up
Half-time score, scorers and red cards
Full-time score, scorers and red cards
Club news
Club events

so that's a total of 6-7 texts per week, assuming we've only one game per week. Technology may restrict the number of texts sent from away games.

Any suggestions/opinions welcome.

We will formally launch the service next week, but in the meantime start signing-up, spread the word, and we will start sending the texts.

showgies
06/03/2008, 4:08 PM
Folks

What do people want to get from this service?

We don't want to overload people and based on a quick chat with Keith, who will be sending most of the texts, we're suggesting sending one text per week on each of the following (whether we play home or away):

Team news - 1-2 days before match
Starting line-up
Half-time score, scorers and red cards
Full-time score, scorers and red cards
Club news
Club events

so that's a total of 6-7 texts per week, assuming we've only one game per week. Technology may restrict the number of texts sent from away games.

Any suggestions/opinions welcome.

We will formally launch the service next week, but in the meantime start signing-up, spread the word, and we will start sending the texts.

Lotto Numbers and winners?

sligoman
06/03/2008, 4:09 PM
And details of supporters buses to each game if possible.

roversforever
06/03/2008, 4:23 PM
to be honest i think it would be better to get texts on goals as they happen but i suppose if you're looking to limit the number of texts sent that's probably not possible!

sligoman
06/03/2008, 4:24 PM
to be honest i think it would be better to get texts on goals as they happenHe'd have to be at a laptop for the 90mins then, which mightn't be possible exactly.

avvenalaf
06/03/2008, 7:25 PM
He'd have to be at a laptop for the 90mins then, which mightn't be possible exactly.

Away outa dat, all he needs is a good thumb.

sligored
07/03/2008, 12:31 PM
goal alerts would be the most wanted in my opinion . all other info available thru easy to access media sources.

red_away
07/03/2008, 3:14 PM
This thing is bloody quick - maybe 3-5 secsonds after submitting my details the text arrived on my phone!!!

Goals as they happen are the holy grail of texts - especially if rovers are scoring them!!!!

dublinred
07/03/2008, 3:33 PM
Away outa dat, all he needs is a good thumb.

And a blackberry.

kkontour
08/03/2008, 4:40 PM
Didnt get any results via text, anyone else?

sligo23
08/03/2008, 4:55 PM
Didnt get any results via text, anyone else?

same here:(
whats the story?

south sligo red
08/03/2008, 8:47 PM
Dont think its starting until next week!

avvenalaf
08/03/2008, 9:21 PM
It's a good news system - we'll only hear when they win.

sligoman
10/03/2008, 5:14 PM
Just got my first tx from it now. Saying about Saturday's game and the Futsal.

Paraic
04/04/2008, 12:17 PM
I'm bumping this thread to check out how people are finding the service. We've pretty much included the suggestions people have asked for, except the lotto numbers which I'd be interested to know if there was a demand for them.

we've over 300 subscribers which is super given that we haven't publicised it yet so thanks to everyone who has taken the time to register.

Paraic

sligoman
04/04/2008, 12:21 PM
Maybe send a tx about the Fifa competition? Poor enough turn-out the last night, might get a few who didn't know about it.

d rovers
04/04/2008, 12:48 PM
good work on the text service, i find it excellent. well done to all involved.

i would be interested in the lotto numbers & results via text as well.

Paraic
04/04/2008, 1:01 PM
Maybe send a tx about the Fifa competition? Poor enough turn-out the last night, might get a few who didn't know about it.

didn't know about it (don't get to read all threads here :o) can you send me a pm summarising what's going on and I'll publicise on site and text as long as it has some benefit for rovers? cheers

kkontour
04/04/2008, 2:32 PM
I find it great, if Im away and cant get near a tv or radio its ideal.

sligored
04/04/2008, 4:51 PM
find it very good. want football info and would not want lotto and fifa 08 news.
maybe other half times and full times from other teams in premier. no problem with supporters bus etc

sligoman
04/04/2008, 8:08 PM
want football info and would not want lotto and fifa 08 news.It's Sligo Rovers text alerts, any news related to the club should be on it imo.

SligoBrewer
04/04/2008, 8:38 PM
''I don't want to read lotto etc.''

I don't think it should be too bothering on you to take 5 seconds to read what fundraisers are happening for Rovers. Especially the 'different' events like the FIFA tourney which is actually a fantastic idea and brilliant craic.

sligored
04/04/2008, 11:07 PM
bought 15 year ticket, have 2 entries in every rovers lotto draw. will support anything to benefit rovers but dont do ps2 and can find lotto results online.
i feel that the text service should be football related only.
there are other forums for fundraising promotions.

sligoman
05/04/2008, 3:10 PM
and can find lotto results online. And every Rovers fan has regular access to the internet do they?

Like was said, it won't take you long to read the text, if it's of no interest what does it matter, they're free.