PDA

View Full Version : Vucinic.

NeilMcD
05/03/2008, 8:34 PM
Vucinic, playing very well for Roma tonight against Madrid. Caused all sort of problems for the Madrid back four and just scored a lovely goal. Captain for Montenegro, Richard Dunne will have to do a job on him.

rambler14
05/03/2008, 9:14 PM
Cost me a €100 the b0llocks. 6 team accumalator and Madrid were the only clowns to let me down:mad::mad::mad:

Maroon 7
05/03/2008, 10:04 PM
Cost me a €100 the b0llocks. 6 team accumalator and Madrid were the only clowns to let me down:mad::mad::mad:

I was in the same boat as you except they cost me about €180.

NeilMcD
05/03/2008, 10:10 PM
But what did you think of his performance and do you think he could trouble the Irish defence.

irishfan86
05/03/2008, 10:13 PM
I think he's the kind of player that could definitely trouble our defense, even if he's playing on an inferior team such as Montenegro.

I'd say a pair of O'Brien and Dunne could take care of him, but would see trouble if someone other than Dunne was marking him off a corner or a set piece.

Hope Brady gets O'Brien to change his mind.

Closed Account 2
05/03/2008, 10:58 PM
They have a very strong attack. Vucinic has been a top class player in serie a for a few years now. He would have been great at the last world cup (in partnership with the big lad Zigic) for S&M but picked up an injury late on in the season for Lecce. They also have Milan Purovic and Simon Vucevic. Purovic is a very big striker playing for Sporting of Lisbon, he came on in the derby last sunday and caused Benfica all sorts of problems. Off the front two they have Simon Vucevic, a highly gifted midfielder who can play in the holding role. He can hit a clean pass and has a crisp shot. I see Montenegro scoring against us in both ties, but I think we should have the beating of their defence. They don't have too many skillfull players at the back and they lack top level experience. Also we are blessed with their goalie situation, Jevric, the mulleted goalie for Serbia and Montenegro at the last world cup, was born in Montenegro but opted to play for Serbia after the schism. He was an unused sub in that game, had a row with Djavier Klemente (the coach) and quit football. That leaves them with Poleksic (who plays for Debrecen having just transferred from FC Tatabánya - both average Hungarian clubs), he played a few games for Lecce 5 years ago (I think) but didn't do much. They might play Darko Bozovic, the current Partizan (Belgrade) keeper, not to be confused with Mladen Bozovic, who is also a Montenegran goalie playing for Partizan (but 6 years younger).

twoenz
06/03/2008, 9:12 AM
Don't they have a young kid that was playing Under 21's against England earlier this season that's really highly rated too?

Sligo Hornet
06/03/2008, 10:19 AM
Cost me a €100 the b0llocks. 6 team accumalator and Madrid were the only clowns to let me down:mad::mad:

I was in the same boat as you except they cost me about €180.

Sorry lads.....it pays to be in the "other boat"..£££££

..arriva derche roma!:D

eirebhoy
06/03/2008, 10:58 AM
It's worth pointing out though that Roma have one of the best midfields in the world with Giuly, Mancini, De Rossi, Perotta, Pizzaro and Totti
Not to mention Taddei and Aquilani who are both first teamers.

Montenegro will be a good test for our defence but we really should be taking 6 points off them.

Denis The Red
06/03/2008, 12:48 PM
Vucinic is definately class. I've never seen him play for Montenegro but any time I did see him play for Roma he has shown quality. And yes Roma have better players than Montenegro, so maybe that's something to think about.
By the way, why was he only a sub last night?

Dazzy
06/03/2008, 1:28 PM
By the way, why was he only a sub last night?

Roma like to play Totti up front, so its usually one or the other.

TheBoss
06/03/2008, 2:02 PM
They have a very strong attack. Vucinic has been a top class player in serie a for a few years now. He would have been great at the last world cup (in partnership with the big lad Zigic) for S&M but picked up an injury late on in the season for Lecce. They also have Milan Purovic and Simon Vucevic. Purovic is a very big striker playing for Sporting of Lisbon, he came on in the derby last sunday and caused Benfica all sorts of problems. Off the front two they have Simon Vucevic, a highly gifted midfielder who can play in the holding role. He can hit a clean pass and has a crisp shot. I see Montenegro scoring against us in both ties, but I think we should have the beating of their defence. They don't have too many skillfull players at the back and they lack top level experience. Also we are blessed with their goalie situation, Jevric, the mulleted goalie for Serbia and Montenegro at the last world cup, was born in Montenegro but opted to play for Serbia after the schism. He was an unused sub in that game, had a row with Djavier Klemente (the coach) and quit football. That leaves them with Poleksic (who plays for Debrecen having just transferred from FC Tatabánya - both average Hungarian clubs), he played a few games for Lecce 5 years ago (I think) but didn't do much. They might play Darko Bozovic, the current Partizan (Belgrade) keeper, not to be confused with Mladen Bozovic, who is also a Montenegran goalie playing for Partizan (but 6 years younger).

I agree Vucinic, Purovic and Vukevic are the serious danger men, they also have Branko Boskovic, decent attacking midfielder, played with PSG a few seasons back, doing well at Rapid Vienna at the moment. Igor Burzanovic looks a good player at Crvena Zvezda. Radomir Djalovic one of the top scorers in the Croatian League wth Rijeka. Stevan Jovetic another forward with decent ability, has scored double figures for Partizan Belgrade this season. Jovan Tanasijevic is probably their best defender, plays in Russia with Dinamo Moscow. Nikola Vujadinovic at CSKA Sofia, tall central midfielder, looks a high prospect. Another forward Nikola Nikezic at Le Harve who look getting promotion could also be good player, scored over
60 goals in his 10 year career.

Looking through all their players available, their defence is probably their weak point.

jbyrne
06/03/2008, 2:44 PM

Montenegro will be a good test for our defence but we really should be taking 6 points off them.

maybe youre correct but playing them away in only their 2nd ever competive match, given initial enthusiasm and national pride, will be a very tough ask. the fact that they are one of the lowest seeds is misleading. i expect a torrid match to be quite honest

Junior
06/03/2008, 5:41 PM

Off topic but he looked pretty decent last night alright.