PDA

View Full Version : Match Posters 2008!

L37Ultra
05/03/2008, 12:39 PM
Just starting a new thread for home game Poster's for anyone who wants them for the 2008 season.

I have one made already for the first home game against Wexford, Friday 14th March.

If anyone wants one then leave a message in this thread or PM me your email address and I will send you on Posters a week before home games.

Lim till i die
05/03/2008, 1:52 PM
Fairplay :ball:

Monkfish
05/03/2008, 5:24 PM
Nice one! really good putting the main attraction on the poster. :)

L37Ultra
05/03/2008, 8:59 PM
really good putting the main attraction on the poster. :)

Ya, that will be me soon enough:o
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=58413

L37Ultra
07/03/2008, 9:09 AM
Prize goes to the first person who spots the poster up around town :D

rooney10
07/03/2008, 9:28 AM
very poor

L37Ultra
07/03/2008, 9:30 AM
very poor

Whats very poor? :confused:

Jofspring
07/03/2008, 9:47 AM
couldn't be talking about the poster, there's a nice job done on it.

sadloserkid
07/03/2008, 2:12 PM
His own existence?

jebus
07/03/2008, 2:16 PM
very poor

I think he was commenting on his idol. I know Rooney is a letdown on an epic scale, but I wouldn't put him in the very poor box just yet, he can still do it against the Derbys and Fulhams of this world

Monkfish
11/03/2008, 11:37 PM
Spotted a poster in PJ's Plaice in Thomondgate tonight, whos the Fellow Northsider that put that up? :)

L37Ultra
12/03/2008, 1:46 AM
Spotted a poster in PJ's Plaice in Thomondgate tonight, whos the Fellow Northsider that put that up? :)

Is that the chipper there? A certain Mr Ultra and co. did that :)(not Northsider might I add:D). Theres one in the petrol station down the road. Statoil I think. Theres also ones in Corbally, Caherdavin, Weston, City Centre, Raheen and Castletroy amoung other places.

Jofspring
12/03/2008, 8:50 AM
Good to see plenty of posters being put up spread all over town. i think schools might also be a good idea as a place to but up a few posters. any up in them? :ball:

Lionel Ritchie
12/03/2008, 9:17 AM
Just starting a new thread for home game Poster's for anyone who wants them for the 2008 season.

I have one made already for the first home game against Wexford, Friday 14th March.

If anyone wants one then leave a message in this thread or PM me your email address and I will send you on Posters a week before home games.

Nice work L37U. Suggestion -why not post a PDF* up somewhere. Link to it here and we can work away. I work in a GAA bastion, have access to a printer and will be away to do Gods work as sonn as you wing one on to me.

:cool:

Better to post it as a PDF than, say a Word file, which I saw someone do on the Sligo board. I was able to re-edit their poster to read "Flaming Gays Go West".:eek:

:D

gaidin
12/03/2008, 9:23 AM
Good to see plenty of posters being put up spread all over town. i think schools might also be a good idea as a place to but up a few posters. any up in them? :ball:

Have ye tried putting them up in the colleges, UL, LIT and Mary I?They have a big football following.

Jofspring
12/03/2008, 9:35 AM
Nice work L37U. Suggestion -why not post a PDF* up somewhere. Link to it here and we can work away. I work in a GAA bastion, have access to a printer and will be away to do Gods work as sonn as you wing one on to me.

:cool:

Better to post it as a PDF than, say a Word file, which I saw someone do on the Sligo board. I was able to re-edit their poster to read "Flaming Gays Go West".:eek:

I think on the limerick website in the news section the link for a poster there is a PDF, not 100% sure though.

Lionel Ritchie
12/03/2008, 11:42 AM
I think on the limerick website in the news section the link for a poster there is a PDF, not 100% sure though.

JPEG. it's fine.

sadloserkid
12/03/2008, 3:12 PM
Have ye tried putting them up in the colleges, UL, LIT and Mary I?They have a big football following.

When we were first in Jackman we arranged to bring 20 or so international students up to watch Limerick taking on Sligo Rovers. We lost 5-0 and none of them ever came back though a couple would thoughtfully enquire as to the health of the club from time to time afterwards with the air of people who couldn't quite get their heads around the whole notion of anybody following Limerick... fun times. :)

It's not a bad idea though. I've seen a few posters up sporadically in Mary I last season. Might not be a bad thing to emphasise the student price on the poster too. Not sure how many non-Limerick students could really be reached but even if it added 5 people to the gate then it's worthwhile for sure.

Lim till i die
12/03/2008, 3:44 PM
Random conversation I had in college during the week:

"Well, what did you do for the weekend?"

"Went to Monaghan"

"For what?"

"Football Match"

"In what?"

"League of Ireland"

"Jaysus do Limerick have a team? What position were you playing" ( :eek: :D)

"Wasn't playing, watching"

"Jaysus, just as well, I wouldn't cross the road to watch that $hite"

I've had similar conversations dozens of times over the past three years.

My point being that the college market is not this vast untapped resource people think it is. Most students are interested in cheap booze, flashy things, home and away, and depending on where they're from, club hurling or club rugby.

There's about 40,000 working class folk in the town who could actually potentially be interested that would be easier to try and convince to be honest

gaidin
12/03/2008, 4:15 PM
Random conversation I had in college during the week:

"Well, what did you do for the weekend?"

"Went to Monaghan"

"For what?"

"Football Match"

"In what?"

"League of Ireland"

"Jaysus do Limerick have a team? What position were you playing" ( :eek: :D)
"Wasn't playing, watching"

"Jaysus, just as well, I wouldn't cross the road to watch that $hite"

I've had similar conversations dozens of times over the past three years.

My point being that the college market is not this vast untapped resource people think it is. Most students are interested in cheap booze, flashy things, home and away, and depending on where they're from, club hurling or club rugby.

There's about 40,000 working class folk in the town who could actually potentially be interested that would be easier to try and convince to be honest

Fair enough. Was the person you were talking too from Limerick?

Lim till i die
12/03/2008, 4:19 PM

Fair enough. Was the person you were talking too from Limerick?

Yep.

A bit "rural" alright I'll grant you, but I've genuinely in all my time in college seen scant interest in LoI, bar one oddball in a Cork jersey and one oddball in a Limerick jersey(who may or may not have been me)

I think there's far, far richer seams to tap than the college one. (Especially when you consider it's a summer league)

Monkfish
14/03/2008, 6:58 AM
Spotted a poster in the 'Apple' petrol station in Corbally! :)

Lim till i die
14/03/2008, 8:04 AM

Almost forgot you were a Yuppie now. :p

Not to mention a Clare man :eek:

Monkfish
14/03/2008, 8:44 AM
Almost forgot you were a Yuppie now. :p

Not to mention a Clare man :eek:

C'mon the banner! yeeehawwwww :eek:

Lim till i die
14/03/2008, 9:33 AM
C'mon the banner! yeeehawwwww :eek:

Yupp Owr Datttttt

L37Ultra
14/03/2008, 11:09 AM

And there is one in the chipper and the chemist and the Paddy Powers beside it and some local shop in Westbury.

Some shop out there said there was a €5 charge to put up posters:rolleyes:. I dont think Clare people like Limerick:)

Jofspring
14/03/2008, 11:45 AM
Some shop out there said there was a €5 charge to put up posters.

:rolleyes: Thats just ridiculous

Monkfish
14/03/2008, 2:44 PM
:rolleyes: Thats just ridiculous

Yup, i smell a boycott. :(

L37Ultra
14/03/2008, 9:31 PM
Yup, i smell a boycott. :(

The name of the shop is ************:eek::D

L37Ultra
08/04/2008, 1:56 PM
Poster for the Dundalk game, Friday week.

If anyone wants a larger image, PM me. :ball:

declan hide
08/04/2008, 2:06 PM
i wouldnt mind having a go at doing a poster.
where can i get some jpegs like crests, action pics etc?

L37Ultra
08/04/2008, 2:10 PM

Battle of the Match Posters. Winner takes all :D

I have pictures from games etc.. last season if you need anything.

A face
13/04/2008, 4:29 PM

Don.t make one, best to use the one that is already there. Keep it uniform or people will just get confused (see different ones in different places).

It definitely makes a difference. Good place to put poster are Doctors clinics, barber shops, hackney bases, chippers, credit unions, anywhere there is a queue basically. If they are there on a regular basis then it will definitely get a few more at games.

passinginterest
14/04/2008, 8:09 PM
Just seen an ad for Limerick 37 v Dundalk on Setanta! Some nice footage of Limerick against the lovely pink shirted Youths and some very enthusiastic commentary. Was the ad taken out by the club? Or is it one of the general league promotion ones? (I no this is not really about match posters, but it's promotion and I didn't fancy starting a new thread)

LK37oldskool
14/04/2008, 8:14 PM
Club took it out themselves i believe.Not bad,shows a fresh approach thats going round here.hope it pays off and brings in some extra punters on friday night.

declan hide
15/04/2008, 7:55 AM
Don.t make one, best to use the one that is already there. Keep it uniform or people will just get confused (see different ones in different places).

It definitely makes a difference. Good place to put poster are Doctors clinics, barber shops, hackney bases, chippers, credit unions, anywhere there is a queue basically. If they are there on a regular basis then it will definitely get a few more at games.

do you mean use that same poster with the pic of leo the lion all season and just change the match details?

could that not work the other way with people thinking its the same poster thats been on the wall since the last time they saw it?

declan hide
15/04/2008, 7:56 AM
Club took it out themselves i believe.Not bad,shows a fresh approach thats going round here.hope it pays off and brings in some extra punters on friday night.

any idea how much it cost?