PDA

View Full Version : George O Callaghan

Pages : [1] 2

TheNorthsider
05/07/2003, 10:52 AM
annoys me very much the critisism being currently levelled at georgie at the moment.He has to be one of the most skillful players in the loi presently,do people want to go back to the dark days when we all had sore necks looking at the hoofed football city played.When there was talk of him leaving people were in uproar now thats forgotten people go back to slagging him off again.Hoggie was at fault for the goal against bohs how many of u slagged him off last nite.City are short one or two players at least when we do get those players we will have a championship winning team.So give it up sit back enjoy the football support and enjoy geoggies skill;)

Neil
05/07/2003, 11:20 AM
Well said.

I suppose it's one of the bad things about getting big crowds - you get a lot of clowns who know nothing about football.

I think there should be something said to a fella shouting too much abuse (be it by people around him or by a steward)

The thing is it's only a minority of idiots who don't appreciate Georgie.

SSS
05/07/2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Well said.

I think there should be something said to a fella shouting too much abuse (be it by people around him or by a steward)

These guys wouldn't be worth talking to, pure pysho (unless, as you say a steward does it).
Much better idea to shout encouragement at George.
Helps him on the pitch and p**sses them off.
It is great to hear them go quiet when he does something like last nights nutmeg!

BTW, see the Longford fan arrested and taken off in the twin-bulb..went to "talk" to the ref but got nowhere near him.

@ndy
05/07/2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by SSS
These guys wouldn't be worth talking to, pure pysho (unless, as you say a steward does it).
It is great to hear them go quiet when he does something like last nights nutmeg!

BTW, see the Longford fan arrested and taken off in the twin-bulb..went to "talk" to the ref but got nowhere near him.

I was over with the town fans at 2-1 and they were pretty upset alright...

Great game...right from the off...delighted to've been there.

Neil
05/07/2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SSS

Can anyone go into this area of the stand or is it only Season Ticket holders?

Something should be done once and for all about these apes.

SSS
05/07/2003, 11:58 AM
Mostly season ticket holders only, but there a few seats always empty and not all seats have names on them.

Never seems to be a steward checking the tickets these days..

Not sure there's much point engaging these guys - if City won the league they'd complain about not winning the cup.

Éanna
05/07/2003, 12:46 PM
all good points, george gets a ridiculous amount of criticism. He's probably the most talented player in the country, and is a joy to watch. I suppose players like him always seem to get stick if they don't get it right all the time. People who are thinking of slagging him should close their eyes and think of hartigan- that should shut them up

Colm
05/07/2003, 12:59 PM
I think I might actually venture over to the stand for a bit at the next game and give George a bit of encouragment and p!ss off these fools, the idiots obviously don't appreciate quality footballers like George and, believe me, players like that are a rare breed.

Something has got to be done about these fellas, if the abuse was justified you wouldn't take much notice but George is our best player and does not deserve to be treated like that. Something needs to be said to Lennox or Dolan and hopefully they will take action.

patsh
05/07/2003, 2:00 PM
I have to say that George can annoy me in some games where he is doing far to much moaning, but that is completely balanced out by his skill level. He is a joy to watch when he is on top of his form and has even improved, if thats possible, this season. I thought that most of the criticism and abuse had died away though?

Schunter Netz
05/07/2003, 3:06 PM
The abuse is coming almost entirely from the whinging englishman, his Cork mate, the mates son and one other nutter standing at the back wall. I sit just in front of these people and it is enough to ruin a great match like last nights. They are obsessed with O'Callaghan, though they always refer to him as 'George' - kind of cute, that, and I suspect they may be harbouring fantasies. Last night, as usual, the englishman said George's name over a hundred times....makes you wonder...At this point, I sense that everyone in the vicinity is fit to smack them, but we're all too polite to do anything. I don't know if anything can be done by officials, but if we have to wait for the fans to erupt in a furious temper, it won't be a pleasant sight.

superal
05/07/2003, 3:09 PM
Totally agree that there are some people out to criticize George no matter what. I sat in the DF last night and a father with his 2 sons in front of me turned around to the 2 sons after approx 2 minutes and said in a loud voice "see I told you you George is useless and is moaning and whinging again he will do that all through the match" I could not believe this muppet and I sid back they let all kindsof plonkers in here these days to watch matches but I dont think he was inteligent enough to cop on. btw i think it was Tim Carey who was abused in the dugout last night by Keogh just because the ball fell between his legs and he was not quick enough to throw it back . Keogh deserved his sending off and what about when Pat was offering a handshake to the LT players later most (not all) refused like children

Neil
05/07/2003, 3:13 PM
Originally posted by Schunter Netz
The abuse is coming almost entirely from the whinging englishman, his Cork mate, the mates son and one other nutter standing at the back wall.

Sounds like the few bad apples that were dishing it out to Pat Morley for ages.

If it's definitely just these 4 something can be done alright.

They can't be thrown out by stewards for giving a fella abuse but if enough people complain them to the club maybe something can be done.

I must take a wander over at the next game.

If we're playing West Ham it would be the perfect oppurtunity! Yer man probably will be "supporting" the London thugs!

Counting Crow
06/07/2003, 10:27 PM
Just want to bring everyone's attention to page 15 of the Official Club Program.

It states clearly that "behaviour likely to cause a nuisance of any kind or abusive languague is not permitted"

Also, it says that "the Ground Management will not tolerate any form of threatening behaviour, and obscene chanting is strictly forbidden".

OK then let's see these morons ( particularly that English guy who gave Skippy such a torrid time a few years ago ) turffed out next time they open their mouths.

Éanna
06/07/2003, 11:05 PM
the only problem is if you start implementing these things to the letter is that you're going to get fellas kicked out for chanting "the referee's a w@nker" etc

Seanie
06/07/2003, 11:22 PM
Maybe Georgie should come out to South America - was at a River Plate game here today. The fans will only appreciate skill. Any decisive pieces of defending almost went unnoticed by the crowd, but the slightest piece of skilful attacking play is greeted.

A face
06/07/2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
the only problem is if you start implementing these things to the letter is that you're going to get fellas kicked out for chanting "the referee's a w@nker" etc

It is not like there is a fine line between these guys and the normal joe soap. They are well over the top. It is not liek they are being singled out. They are at it for years and it seems to be getting worse, ..... a stitch in time is what it needed (but not before time).

Anyone that behaves themselves properly in public should be OK. We all have a bit of banter or use colourful language from time to time. I cant see anyone being punished for that. Excesive personal abuse should be punished.

Again .... you need to tell the club, if they dont know then they cant do anything about it and it will just keep going on. Just mention it to a steward on matchdayif need be. They know what to do because thats what they are there for.

Colm
06/07/2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

Yeah I see where your coming from but, in fairness, nobody is asking it to go that far. I think that these "rules" should only be adhered to in extreme cases such as this one.
Roaring abuse at a ref or an opposition player is fine, we all do it, but abusing one of our own players, especially when he is one of our best, is another matter. It's the fact that the abuse is so unjustified that gets to me.
I think it is safe to say that it is only a few ignorant pr!cks who are responsible and they need to be made an example of!

A face
07/07/2003, 2:59 PM
What section do the four in question sit in

A

A1

B

B1

??

Trax
07/07/2003, 3:23 PM
As it happens 451 did have a bit towards the back on George and his relationship with the crowd.Twas a good read actually this month lads,Well done.

Cityace
08/07/2003, 12:05 AM
I think Georgie is a great pleyer and i wouldnt dream of critisising him at a match but for some reason his skill seems superficial,like he has no substance.I dont know why.............:confused:

pete
08/07/2003, 9:43 AM
Originally posted by Cityace
I think Georgie is a great pleyer and i wouldnt dream of critisising him at a match but for some reason his skill seems superficial,like he has no substance.I dont know why.............:confused:

O'Flynn has scored 11 league goals - check how many George has set up for him.

hoofball
08/07/2003, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by A face
What section do the four in question sit in

??

Not sure if these are the same fellas, but I was in the Donie on Friday night and there were a few muppets not too far behind me getting on O'Callaghan's case. We turned around and tried to see 'em when they starting cheering/jeering when he was taken off in the 2nd half. We were sitting in the upper half just to the left of the city bench as you look at it (not sure what letter/number that section is as usually don't go into the DF)....

NorthoftheLee
08/07/2003, 10:11 AM
i think its a disgrace what these muppets are doing to george. As most will know I am a huge fan of his. Think he's excellent and has along with Flynny been our best player this season.

But fans are entitled to their opinion, agree with them or not...They can (not saying it is right or wrong) shout abuse at players to a certain level. Only when this abuse goes to far (threatening behaviour, too much bad language, etc..), can the stewards to anything about it.

Remember the Murphy Out campaign last season and people on about freedom of speech, well like it or not, the same applies here.

The abuse directed at George is completely uncalled for and for those muppets taking part in it....go watch rugby if you can't appreciate football skill.............

sadloserkid
08/07/2003, 12:07 PM
1. First off I would like to point out that I don't agree with criticism of your own players. It's bad form. However while O'Callaghan is clearly one of the best players in the league he's also one of the most frustrating. He's great to watch and when he does well he does brilliantly but too often he tries one flick too many and gets into trouble. As for the mouthing... well Steven O'Flynn does it for us and it can grate at times but it shouldn't lead to abuse of any player by his own fans. I personally like O'Callaghan but can see how he'd annoy at times too.

2. The other point is the one Éanna raised about the danger of turfing out the guys giving the abuse. I appreciate the points then raised by Colm and A Face but disagree completely with Colm's assessment of things. Firstly if you're not allowed give individual players excessive amounts of stick then all your gang shoulda been thrown out for your anti-Ollie Cahill thing at the Shels game. You can't have it both ways lads. If people have the right to abuse Ollie (and they should) then George O'Callaghan is up for abuse also. I presume Colm, you're not proposing that the Shels fans can't chant anything bad about your players?

Like I said I don't personally believe in slagging off my own players but you can't have one rule for Cork players and another for visitors. That said, if you have a problem with the behaviour of these clowns (and I think I saw them at a Cork - Bray match I was at over Christmas) then go over and have a go at them. It's a cop-out to say you're too polite for that sort of thing. If you're afraid of confronting these people fine, you'll have to learn to live with it. I think a lot of you though are well able to stand up for yourselves and should be well able to go over and trade some verbals with these yahoos.

Trax
08/07/2003, 12:12 PM
jeez it takes a Limerick fan to finally add a little perspective,and a little sense.Christ lads there's way too many people on the forum,cant keep with the posts...........

Neil
08/07/2003, 12:17 PM
I take your points SLK but... let's not get too moralistic about it!
It's football.

If I was a steward and I saw a City fan hurling abuse at Trevor Molloy I'd turn a blind eye....

If I was a steward and I saw a City fan giving out about George I'd have an oul word in his ear. If he did it again I'd **** him out.

That's why I'm not a steward but you see my point?

wws
08/07/2003, 12:25 PM
or does george o callaghan look like
Gary Breen?

Neil
08/07/2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by wws
is it just me or does george o callaghan look like
Gary Breen?

No. It's just you who looks like Gary Breen.

Colm
08/07/2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Firstly if you're not allowed give individual players excessive amounts of stick then all your gang shoulda been thrown out for your anti-Ollie Cahill thing at the Shels game. You can't have it both ways lads. If people have the right to abuse Ollie (and they should) then George O'Callaghan is up for abuse also. I presume Colm, you're not proposing that the Shels fans can't chant anything bad about your players?

I see your point slk, but in fairness, abusing an opposition player is one thing, abusing your own teams best player is a different matter entirely.

steven17
08/07/2003, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by superal
Totally agree that there are some people out to criticize George no matter what. I sat in the DF last night and a father with his 2 sons in front of me turned around to the 2 sons after approx 2 minutes and said in a loud voice "see I told you you George is useless and is moaning and whinging again he will do that all through the match"

anyone who talks that way to a players family deserves a kick in the nuts.the`ll say that hes rubbish to his family and when it comes to meeting georgie on a night out or after a game the`ll lick his ass

georgie is a class above at city ,nd for his family to be talked to like thaat is a disgrace im all for fredom of speach and critize if a player plays bad but georgie has been class all season and dosnt deserve it from idiots that spoke to his father that way.

sadloserkid
09/07/2003, 9:48 AM
Lads, I'm gonna stay outta this topic after this coz it's really none of my business one way or the other but I still say that if Trevor Molloy, Ollie Cahill, Tony O'Dowd or whoever is open for criticism then the same rules have to apply to Georgie boy. Football is about opinions after all and if somebody thinks O'Callaghan deserves a slagging then it shouldn't matter if the fan in question is wearing a Cork City, Shels or even a bloody Harchester jersey (though in the case of the last example the fan deserves a slagging). Either you can slag players or you can't but you can't wrap certain players in cotton wool just because 'they're really good'.

And like I said, go over and put the fear of god into the morons behind it if you have a problem. Threats and the potential for violence are always good bargaining chips! :D

Macy
09/07/2003, 10:11 AM
Does this not hurling abuse/ giving stick to your own apply to managers as well? Should they be chucked out too? Or is that different cos you wanted Gunther Out?

Personally I think you should be able to throw abuse in any direction at a football match - if a professional can't hack it, that's his problem as ultimately they're paid to perform infront of crowd....

A face
09/07/2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Macy
Does this not hurling abuse/ giving stick to your own apply to managers as well? Should they be chucked out too? Or is that different cos you wanted Gunther Out?

Personally I think you should be able to throw abuse in any direction at a football match - if a professional can't hack it, that's his problem as ultimately they're paid to perform infront of crowd....

Macy .... in all fairness, you have to be able to draw a line somewhere. Is there an unwritten rule that if you walk on the pitch the crowd can do as they wish, .... the are not fuking gladiators. Maybe a few centuries ago but we are meant to be civilised now.

And the five in question are pushing the boat out, OTT on George and not a peep for anyone else. It is maulious behaviour and no one should have to put up with it.

Macy
09/07/2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by A face
And the five in question are pushing the boat out, OTT on George and not a peep for anyone else. It is maulious behaviour and no one should have to put up with it.
So because it's only 5 people and the rest of you disagree with their opinion it's wrong? But if it was more people, a la Gunther, it's okay?

A face
09/07/2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Macy
So because it's only 5 people and the rest of you disagree with their opinion it's wrong? But if it was more people, a la Gunther, it's okay?

No Macy, not at all.

sadloserkid
09/07/2003, 11:28 AM
Can somebody explain to me (and Macy too I'd imagine) while people should be allowed to criticise Gunther Murphy and/or the Shels back four but not George O'Callaghan?

Surely having paid their cash at the gate they're entitled to express their displeasure/

George O'Callaghan isn't everybodies cup of tea. Just because the vast majority of people think he's a priceless asset surely doesn't mean that people who don't see things that way shold be forced to shut up?

The double-standard being preached here is just blatant. I can still see a sea of 'Judas' placards being waved at Ollie Cahill... :D

And as a few people have said lads, maybe it's time to put up or shut up, either go over and bawl 'The Famous Five' outta it or else learn to live with it.

patsh
09/07/2003, 12:15 PM
Lads. I think waht people are objecting to is that the abuse is a lot stronger than "Murphy out" or "Judas".
The only time I heard these guys was in Richmond Park, and the abuse was of an incredibly personal nature, continuously directed at George no matter what way he was playing.
I'll scream "maggot" at Molloy or Judas at Reynolds, but "Your f*ckin mother should have aborted ya, ya f*ckin c*nt" just because a pass fell short is way ott.
You also have to remember that this abuse is happening within earshort of the players family by people who are supposedly there to support the team. Lots of players families go to games, but I bet none of them hear abuse as vitriolic and disgusting as that directed at George by this minority.

Neil
09/07/2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by patsh
The only time I heard these guys was in Richmond Park, and the abuse was of an incredibly personal nature
They were in Richmond Park?
For which game?

patsh
09/07/2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Neil
They were in Richmond Park?
For which game?
Well there was a heavy guy with a moustache giving the abuse during the league game against Pats. Ye were all standing at the end of the stand, but I was sitting about 12 seats in, about 8 rows form the front and he was sitting about 4 rows behind me.
I was asking about this on another thread.

Trax
09/07/2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Can somebody explain to me (and Macy too I'd imagine) while people should be allowed to criticise Gunther Murphy and/or the Shels back four but not George O'Callaghan? Cos there's a whole "we love George,he can do no wrong" thing going on here and anyone who doesnt agree with this line of thinking is a Moron/Spa/Retard/doesnt have a clue/blow-in/sunshine supporter.I was even told on monday(not on this site admittedly) that the Longford goal on friday which George had a hand in(thats being diplomatic) was a good thing cos it woke the team up(sure I always prefer a 2-1 lead to a 2-0 lead:rolleyes: ).From what I heard some of the stuff thats been said in the DF has been bad,but, a little perspective here,it,s not exactly what black plyrs in the '80's,Cantona or Beckham have had to put up with.

NorthoftheLee
09/07/2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Trax
Cos there's a whole "we love George,he can do no wrong" thing going on here and anyone who doesnt agree with this line of thinking is a Moron/Spa/Retard/doesnt have a clue/blow-in/sunshine supporter.I was even told on monday(not on this site admittedly) that the Longford goal on friday which George had a hand in(thats being diplomatic) was a good thing cos it woke the team up(sure I always prefer a 2-1 lead to a 2-0 lead ).From what I heard some of the stuff thats been said in the DF has been bad,but, a little perspective here,it,s not exactly what black plyrs in the '80's,Cantona or Beckham have had to put up with.

think you're a bit off the track here trax....if people don't like george then thats their opinion, i personnally don't understand it and don't agree with it, but if its someones opinion then thats it.. What I do mind is the continual personal abuse thats being hurled ar george through out the games as has been reported. Its fucin sick in my opinion.....Once a players pulls on the city jersey then he should be entitled to the full support of every one of the home fans during the 90 mins of football....what good does it do for the team??? it only harms the teams performance as it will effect the player in question.....ok george gave the ball away against longford....so fucin what...we won in the end.....their goal was class and 9/10 times wouldnt have gone in....

and just because its not as bad as what black players had to go through in thelate 70,s 80's does NOT make it right...it is on a level with what cantona and beckham got but remember that was by opposition fans not their own....they were supported by their own fans...football fans should encourage their own team....end of story............

liamon
09/07/2003, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
Once a players pulls on the city jersey then he should be entitled to the full support of every one of the home fans during the 90 mins of football

I don't agree with that. If a fan thinks a player isn't performing well, then you are entitled to let them know it.

As long as it stays within certain limits. Maybe the abuse George is getting is out of order. I don't know as I haven't heard the git in the DF.
But fans do have the right to criticise plasyers and managers.

dalo
09/07/2003, 3:37 PM
george is big guy. I am sure he can handle it while he receives his 800 quid a week. personally i think george is a overated pile of crap (but that's another story and something which i have wrote about before). flynn doesn't owe a single thing to george

get over yourselves guys. everyone is entitled to express a opinion and certainly a few of the subscribers here were not slow to express one about murphy. any reasoned football fan with a brain would see that george is playing was below himself - the guy is very talented but totally ineffectual.

as for the guys sounding off about george I dind't hear it myself but they could just ****ed or nuts. if it is racist or offending to kids then something should be done about it then fair enough but if they are offending the same old clique on this forum that seem to agree on everything amongst themselves then too bad. funny how THEY seem to think pat is the bee knees and we are having a most swimming season when last season gunther was the anti-christ and THEY felt gaz cronin should never have been left on the bench etc etc etc

i was never into booing or abusing players / managers during matches (not even hartigan or LOB or cormac cotter). can colm and neil and eanna say the same? as let's face it if we were any good yourselves we be playing not watching. booing is a cheap cowardly expression of a small person

as much as george infuriates me i would love to see him turn it on for city - think is i think we will be waiting. one mickey mouse nutmeg against longford doesn't hide a very poor performace (and i won't even start about those misses against boh's). anyway the team needs a few players to pick it up asap it ain't all geroge's fault either

tiktok
09/07/2003, 4:32 PM
i think most of us get frustrated at times and have a go at players who we don't think are pulling their weight, and i'm all for expressing opinions about players and mangers, but consistent abuse (and it seems to be regardless of how well or badly goerge is playing) is sad.

Booing a city player as he walks off to be substituted is as low as you can get. the problem is that when one or two people keep having a go at a single player it can catch on with those around.

To this day, one of my worst feelings as a city fan was at the home game against Lausanne sport when Moses started that 'taxi for morley' chant, and it was picked up by a few people who had watched morley put in one of his best ever performances in a city shirt on the away leg of that tie.

There's a stage where these things turn almost personal and the idiot abuses the player regardless of how well he plays, when this stage is reached your better off not having that person in the ground.

Trax
09/07/2003, 4:55 PM
Northof I never said just cos it's not as bad as what black plyrs had to put up with then it's ok.Btw 6 or 7 guys in the back of the DF shouting at George is NOT the same as 15'000 singing disgusting songs about your wife and Kid or telling you to Fcuk off back home ya French Cnut,it's not even in the same ballpark.Dalo made a lot of sense there. George is a full-time footballer and he's a big boy,Yes I lost the Rag when he gave the ball away but it was nothing over the top,I bet I wasnt the Only one??????? Also I was expressing my opinion that I thought George made a mistake and I got called a Moron/retard by the same people who said the abuse George got was over the top! Double-standards dont ya think??? Finally(rant nearly over) you say so what if He gave the ball away cos 9 outa 10 times they wont score.That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while,what if 2 or 3 plyrs do that every game?? Sure so what they'll only score,what harm will that do:rolleyes:

SSS
09/07/2003, 5:26 PM
I've no problem with shouting a bit at poor performing players, but this discussion all started because some morons shout at George regardless of how well he is playing - they clearly have a problem with him, not his play.

patsh
09/07/2003, 5:48 PM
Originally posted by SSS
I've no problem with shouting a bit at poor performing players, but this discussion all started because some morons shout at George regardless of how well he is playing - they clearly have a problem with him, not his play.
This is the point Trax.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion about a player, but we are talking about a player being singled out for sustained, incredibly offensive abuse, no matter how he plays, good or bad.

Éanna
09/07/2003, 7:02 PM
Originally posted by dalo
i was never into booing or abusing players / managers during matches (not even hartigan or LOB or cormac cotter). can colm and neil and eanna say the same?
Deary me dalo, haven't heard anything from you in a while. There was me hoping you'd given up your habit of posting nasty little jibes :rolleyes:
I might have booed them, I didn't go into turners cross every week and abuse people personally, there's a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Éanna
09/07/2003, 7:10 PM
george is big guy. I am sure he can handle it while he receives his 800 quid a week. personally i think george is a overated pile of crap (but that's another story and something which i have wrote about before). flynn doesn't owe a single thing to george

So why did us chanting murphy out bother you so much then? "An overrated pile of crap"? charming! As for flynn not owing anything to george, are you actually watching the games or is your head stuck completely up your hole? HAve you seen Flynn play without George? Different player.

any reasoned football fan with a brain would see that george is playing was below himself - the guy is very talented but totally ineffectual.
thats a pretty fair point, but players like George generally don't turn it on for the full 90 mins. We can continue this argument with "Gheorge Hagi was useless" and "Stoitchkov was never good enough" if you want :rolleyes:

as for the guys sounding off about george I dind't hear it myself but they could just ****ed or nuts.

WHich makes it ok, yeah? You were quick enough to have a pop at me for turning up at a game with a few drinks in me previously.

the same old clique on this forum that seem to agree on everything amongst themselves then too bad. funny how THEY seem to think pat is the bee knees and we are having a most swimming season when last season gunther was the anti-christ and THEY felt gaz cronin should never have been left on the bench etc etc etc
Your shoulder must be killing you. Is that chip heavy? get over it. It's no clique, its not some love-in that no-one invited you to, its people expressing opinions and agreeing with each other on some of those opinions. Do you see knives in the mirror or what?

booing is a cheap cowardly expression of a small person
you've never booed anyone or anything for any reason then?

Éanna
09/07/2003, 10:45 PM
Its simple corkcityfan1 there are some people who are only happy when they have something to give out about! They are small minded idiots and there usually isn't any reasoning with them. I have no problem with peoples opinions on George, I have no problem with people criticising him ,or even roaring at him to "wake the f*ck up" or something as I have done on occasion- but there's a line between something like that and the kind of abuse these idiots are dishing out.