PDA

View Full Version : 4 great goals

SSS
04/07/2003, 9:28 PM
Assuming no diect free kicks make, City should already have 3 goals in July's TV3 competition.

If they do not appear on the news tonite I'll swing for Trevor..

V good first half performance
V poor second
How anyone can defend Hedderman..at least not as a midfielder.
Greg only on the bench but Colin T and Conor (surprise!) played well.
Johnny is injured...
Anyone else hear the anti-George muppets in the Donie Forde, they now have their kids at it.
Anyone see the dugout incident??

RedX
04/07/2003, 9:48 PM
Missed game through work...Does Johns injury look bad??..Disgusted about muppets giving Georgie a hard time.These are the people who do not recognise skill and should stick to watching hurling matches..

Not surprised to hear of Greg on the bench.I am delighted to see Colin T get a run as i thought he did very well last season until he mysteriously lost his place.Not even an occasional run.

Anyway,great to hear about four cracking goals..

Dugout incident..possibly involving Dolan(as usual you say)...

Counting Crow
04/07/2003, 10:30 PM
Quite a roller coaster of a night.

Overall a very good performance against a big rough and ready Longford with one or two individuals who should be in Spike not The Cross.

1. The dugout incident: One of the LT players fell into our dugout and when he was "helped" out he took a swing at someone - deserved the red.
2. George's touches were brilliant - did you see his header back for Colin in the second half - if Colin had scored it would have been a candidate for Goal of the Season.
3. Flynny's injury looks bad - he went down after falling akwardly in the box. Seeing him being carried off was not good for Monday night - the hush that went around the place said it all.
4. Woods is like a new man @ left back - and what about his 2 goals - outstanding.
5. If ever someone deserved a goal it was Doyler - delighted for him.
6. Conor and Colin played really well and look to be taking their chance while they have it - the joys of competition.
7. George's injury didn't look too bad - hopefully he will be OK for Monday.
8. There were some really great passages of play during the game and I for one really enjoyed it.

Oh, and to those muppets in the Donie Forde stand giving George a hard time - what do they want? A hoofer?

The guy is class - so what if some of the tricks don't come off - every team in the League would have him in a shot.

Why don't they bugger off and watch some GAA or Rugby - they're not needed @ the Cross.

RedX
04/07/2003, 10:57 PM
Nice round up there CC....its such a pity about those supporters giving Georgie a hard time.In fairness as you say,what the hell do they want.These are the type of people that you see at an AUL game and shout great stuff to some guy for going hammer and thongs into a tackle rather than seeing the good things about skill that Georgie is the best in the league at.I have never e-mailed the club before but i feel so strongly about this i think i will now.I think they should alert the stewards to people like this.Its a disgrace.It seems to be going on for a while now.What else do they want to see??Do they want him to go and come back to the Cross showing his great skills with another club??

Dellboy
04/07/2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by SSS

If they do not appear on the news tonite I'll swing for Trevor..
They weren't on what ya gonna do to our Trev SSS. Although it was that Darren Frehill presenting it.
Great match I have to say I agre with the things being said about the muppets in the Donie Forde stand I sit around there usually and they always go over the top with what they say especially with George. They arelike an anti-George O Callaghan cult or something.
Conor was my man of the match I know Billy scored two class goals but Conor showed a big improvement in his game and am ddelighted for the fella coz he's a sound man.
Michael Devine totally deserved Player Of The Month. He's put in some stunning performances lately. Well done Super Keeer for ever.:)

Seanie
04/07/2003, 11:14 PM
A badly needed boost by all accounts. Let´s hope Johnny´s injury is cleared up for the Shams game - wouldn´t be all that concerned with the League Cup in any case. Looking forward to getting back to the Cross next Friday.

Neil
05/07/2003, 1:26 AM
Originally posted by SSS
Anyone else hear the anti-George muppets in the Donie Forde, they now have their kids at it.

I can't believe that SH!T.
You'd love to get a few fellas go in there and have a looksee who's shouting abuse and give 'em an aul clatter in the ear... Is that in the Code of Conduct?

Trax
05/07/2003, 9:27 AM
Great game,loadsa plusses,some great performances including Billy,Conor(I hope he wasnt drug-tested:D ) K Doyle, Flynny even K Murray did well,and some fantastic goals,I Cant make my mind up which was better;Flynny or Billy's free-kick.2 negatives,1st was the poor attendance,very dissapointed with I'd say 3,500 at most.2 is a controversal point but I'm not gonna pull any punches. I'm not and never will be a big fan of George but I dont go in for the abuse cos there's no call for it.I'm open-minded as far as I'm concerned each player starts each game with a clean slate.But Lads,there's only 1 word for George's performance last night;BRUTAL.Thats right.He did 2 good things all game which have been mentioned,but the rest was awful,he continually gave the ball away,he fcucked up some great moves and as far as the Longford goal,what was he thinking????? Trying to nutmeg the plyr 25 yrds in front of you're own goal??? I wouldnt even do that and I'm crap!! I know there's a lot of George fans here but you all seem to be blinkered,you see the flicks that work and ignore everything else. Aaaaaaaanyway,rant over............. Great result and I'm happy this morning,so come on all you georgie fans lay it on me.........

TheNorthsider
05/07/2003, 10:40 AM
dead right trax.... sell george and lets get deccie back the ball is on the ground too much for my liking, we need to start hoofing it alittle more:D

Neil
05/07/2003, 10:49 AM
Well said NORHTSIDER!

Fúckin hell, everyone's entitled to an off day. The ball he gave away for their goal was bad alright but that happens sometimes.

I wonder were any of these "critics" in Dalymount on Monday night? GEORGE WAS ABSOLUTLEY OUTSTANDING. I'll challenge anyone to say otherwise.

Against Drogheda when we were beaten he was busting a gut for us.

Up in Longford. Magic.

The home game against Bohs. What can you say.

The list goes on.

For me he's player of the season so far. And he IS our most skillful and creative player.

Everyones entitled to their opinion but unfortunately (Trax, eoinh et al...) ye're well off the mark here. Thank Christ ye're not manager! {It's amazing how people can be so wrong. :confused: }

SSS
05/07/2003, 11:30 AM
By his own standards, George didn't have a great game last night, but my problem with the morons in the stand is that regardless of how he is playing, they give him a hard time.
I think it was the last Waterford game when George ran the show in the opening half - and he still got venomous abuse.
I'm sure Dolan can hear what's going on and I expect he'll say something about it if it continues. I'd love it if he confronted them.

BTW these are supposedly mature men, wearing the jersey, bringing their kids to the game. Little nippers shouting abuse at his talent, and then probably drooling over Beckham on TV. I could puke. It is at the stage where people are thinking of relinquishing their season ticket seats.

Anyone who wants to hear the ghouls in action - shed side of media box, up the back!

On a more positive note, I see we had a new signing called O'Grady or something last night. Much more pace etc than that other guy we've had for the last season. Hopefully he'll sign a longterm deal.

Neil
05/07/2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by SSS
Anyone who wants to hear the ghouls in action - shed side of media box, up the back!

Is there a old guy with a English accent in there?
I remember being up there a few years back and this guy was giving Morley dogs abuse for the whole game. They are all season ticket holders yeah?

SSS
05/07/2003, 11:55 AM
Yeah, all season ticket holders.
The English-sounding guy has actually been quiet/ not there for a few weeks, but he some tool aswell.
About once a match he'll prematurely start his derogatory "aahhhh" shout at someone, only to have the pass/shot etc turn out to be great - he has to stop mid groan.
:D

NorthoftheLee
05/07/2003, 12:42 PM
people giving out about george are morons plain and simple...

agree with Neill here completely............would have him in my team evry week.......he is class........

Colm
05/07/2003, 1:09 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I wonder were any of these "critics" in Dalymount on Monday night? GEORGE WAS ABSOLUTLEY OUTSTANDING. I'll challenge anyone to say otherwise.

I very much doubt if they were in Dalymount, or Longford, Drogheda or Belfield for that matter because he was outstanding in all those games. In fact, I don't think he's been dreadful in any of the games which shows that the people abusing him are nothing but ignorant pr!cks who don't know what they're talking about.

Anyway, I agree wholeheartedly with the title of this thread. I was very pleased with Billy's two goals and I was absolutly delighted for Kev Doyle, he's a great player and that goal will hopefully do his confidence the world of good. The only worry from last night, and it is a big one, is of course Flynny's injury, what a pity that no-one in the Derrynane did what the shed and cornerboys asked and stood up for the John O'Flynn!

James
05/07/2003, 1:14 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Anyway, I agree wholeheartedly with the title of this thread

well i'd possibly have called it 5 great goals though
thought the longford goal was pretty good finish :D

patsh
05/07/2003, 2:08 PM
Is one of the guys giving George abuse an heavy man with a moustache (hmmm that describes about 2 billion people in the world !) ??
I was in Richmond for the Pats game and the abuse from this guy was unbelieveable. He just wanted things to go wrong for Georgie.

ian
05/07/2003, 2:09 PM
Lada if the fans give him sh-t all the time on that side of the ground it might play in his head. so to all you fans on that side of the pitch shut the fu-k up and let the lad play his game and we will see at the end of the season. Come on george.:cool:

Trax
05/07/2003, 2:34 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
people giving out about george are morons plain and simple...
Thats very Eloquent Northof did you come up with that all by yourself?? It's called an O P I N I O N, I dunno if you've heard of 'em? Just cos we dont agree with you doesnt mean we're wrong.BTW I'm not one of those that gives George abuse every week,but lads there's some serious blinkered people here,ye only see what ye wanna see.

Gary
05/07/2003, 2:37 PM
george a bad player? Dont make me laugh and cry at the same time. I thought he did very well last considering he had 3 men around him at all times. We are a different team without him, a worse team without him.

5 of the best goals i have seen at the cross, though Flynnys was the best i have ever seen at the Cross.

Great performance last night which proves what we can do WHEN WE PLAY FOOTBALL. i thought when we were playing hoof for the opening 20 mins of the 2nd half we were awful, then we started passsing it along the ground and we ran riot.

More of the same please!

SSS
05/07/2003, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by patsh
Is one of the guys giving George abuse an heavy man with a moustache (hmmm that describes about 2 billion people in the world !) ??

Yes.

Actually, I have come across 2 big guys with moustaches abusing players from the stand. This guy has hair, the other is bald.

The baldy guy is off the scale and is more focussed on the officials.
He was in the stand only a couple of times, but I saw him on Cobh one night aswell
He should be banned from living, not to mind football grounds.
Lets just say he wouldn't have had to act very hard to appear in "Anger Management" or "Conan the Barbarian".

Maybe it's a 'tache thing..I wonder if his wife shouts aswell;)

Neil
05/07/2003, 3:07 PM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
Neil, that enlish guy was well at it last night and he hates george with a passion.

How about we send an email to info@corkcityfc.ie and put the email to the attention of Pat dolan and Brian Lennox outlining what has been going on and get them to say something in the programme or openly say something.

That English guy has been at it for years so. Can't believe he's still here acting the l@nger?

It's hardly Pat Morleys fault or George OC's fauilt that he has a face like bulldog eating a wasp :rolleyes:

An email might be a good idea.

He seems to be a ticket holder so it shouldn't be too hard to track him down.

Cityace
05/07/2003, 3:15 PM
I agree about hedderman, he has had alot of chances but he still isn't showing much form.

Although the match itself was poor, city needed a game like this for both fans and players.Doyle finally got his goal,although Dolan missed it as he was in the tunnel seeing to O Flynn.Billy desprately needed a goal and he scored twice as a bonus,showing that he can score even from a back position.O Flynns goal was a scorcher,you could see it going in from the minute he turned.

Well done lads.

P.S. Does anyone know whats up with flynny's knee injury???

b_mcsweeney
05/07/2003, 3:22 PM
my season ticket seat used be right up from that moustached/english accented bloke. hes without doubt one of the bigger tools ever. i dunno why he turns up, he seems to hate everyone and everything to do with city. i've never heard him yell a positive word, only stupid often obviously incorrect abuse. he attracts plenty of disbelieving looks but its not like anyone in the stand is going to confront him (though a few times i have heard people telling him to shut up a couple times). trouble is, over time, if you abuse someone enough, it can kinda snowball into a bigger and bigger section of negative shouting and stuff. in relation to georgie, i didn't think he played that well last night, especially in the second half. taking him off was probably the right decision on the night (though i'm sure pat knew that without fools like moustachio yelling at him). he was class against pats a few weeks ago though, in richmond. but for him, it was inarguably a down night.

in terms of the game in general, i thought the scoreline flattered city, longford were very route 1, but caused us loads of problems from the off. crowd was also quite disappointing, thought it'd be higher than the 3-4000 that were there. no arguments with the goals though, sheer class, and i wouldn't be surprised if john o'flynns finished as goal of the season winner again.

Neil
05/07/2003, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by b_mcsweeney
he attracts plenty of disbelieving looks but its not like anyone in the stand is going to confront him

Is it because "Moustachio" looks slightly retarded that no-one confronts him or just because most people sitting in the stand are too nice to pipe up?

ian
06/07/2003, 8:13 AM
Lads why cant you in the stand go and have a chat with the Chap because if I was there and this guy was haveing a go at a player I would go and tell the person to fu-k off and leave the player to play his game in peace.
As for the the First half for the first 5 to 10 mins lford held us up but once the game went on we got better and better and the first two goals were good goals.
As for the second half city were doing good for the first 10 min and when the lford goal went in the heads droped for about 15 to 20 min and then for the last 10 min we got the two goals we needed. So it is monday night know to get in to the final of the leauge cup final.

Counting Crow
06/07/2003, 9:23 AM
CorkCityFan 1
Have mailed the club.
I believe both Brian & Pat will be strong enough to deal with this - lets see.

A face
06/07/2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
Neil, that enlish guy was well at it last night and he hates george with a passion. He stood up last night and cheered and yelled when George was being subbed and for 20mins b4 that he was urging Dolan to sub George.

Lads ..... he cant get away with giving out abuse to that extent. If you hear it ... go to a steward and tell them of the abuse.

They will have to act upon it.

If enough people say it then the guy(s) could be thrown out or banned from the ground.

Mailling the club is a good idea .... it highlights the problem. The stewards cant notice everything but if we highlight it then they can act upon it.

Lads .... we know it is in the Donie Ford stand and on the shed side, there are four section A, A1, B and B1 ..... Which section are they in.

pete
07/07/2003, 10:30 AM
Wasn't at the game on friday so can't comment on those events specifically.

I've criticised George last year when he deserved it but hti syear IMO he has been putting in a lot more effort. I have no doubt John O'Flynn would not have got half his goals if it wasn't for George. George has a very good partnership with O'Flynn & always seems to know where he is to receive the through ball.

Its clear some people (not only in the Donie Forde) only go to the cross to abuse home & away team players. People are always quick to criticise players for hoofing the ball but also shout abuse when they slow the play down & don't hit the ball forward first time.

Its like i've said before - if you ain't got something good to shout at a city player don't say anything.

Cityace
07/07/2003, 10:25 PM
Give "Mustachio" a thump, the only complaint iv ever had about georgie was that he never stopped complaining.He said himself he didnt realise it until his old man said it to him and he has stopped now.If people think he uses the ball to much and doesnt pass it quickly, he is only young and the more he uses the ball, the better he'll get.

if ye want to get rid of that l*ng*r who shouts at him, 4 or 5 of ye go up fairly near him and every time he opens his mouth, shout back at him.:mad: