PDA

View Full Version : MNS

Pablo Escobar
04/03/2008, 8:22 PM
Monday Night Soccer will be doing a special piece on Ramblers trip to Finn Harps, as it is one of the longest trips in Irish football.

The programme airs at 8PM on RTE2, next Monday.

bellavistaman
04/03/2008, 8:26 PM
heard that alright, should be very good alright.

rambler14
04/03/2008, 8:40 PM
We'll be famous:D

ramsfan
04/03/2008, 10:37 PM
shane barrett will be famous, they are following him for the day

rambler14
10/03/2008, 2:26 PM
Poor Shane hung out to dry by his own teammates. Afterall they nominated him to do the interview.

ramsfan
10/03/2008, 2:48 PM
looking forward to it:D

rambler14
10/03/2008, 6:09 PM
There was a preview on the news of it and it looks very good. They showed Hendo in the dressing room talking to the players and saying to Reilly that he's "back where he belongs".

I'm really looking forward to this.

rambler14
10/03/2008, 7:29 PM
So Kieran O'Reilly was onside:eek: I knew it. The robbin b0llocks of a referee.

It was a good insight to Ramblers. I thought it would have been longer but it was good all the same.
Shane did good for himself he made a good case for himself being a "legend" in Cobh.
I never realised that it was Tony O'Donoghue who was on the bus with the lads. I'd say he wasn't used to the comfort of a bus:D but in fairness he's a good interviewer and even got Hendo to make a joke.

Poor Bilko. Fancy RTE going to all that effort to embarrass him. You have to laugh though.:D

pete
10/03/2008, 8:23 PM
Does Henderson think he is Barry Fry? :D

rambler14
10/03/2008, 8:27 PM
Does Henderson think he is Barry Fry? :D

Why he looks nothing like him?

deecay
10/03/2008, 8:32 PM
Derry-Cobh is longer

rambler14
10/03/2008, 8:36 PM
Derry-Cobh is longer

Yeah but timewise Cobh to Ballybofey is longer because you have to go through towns and backroads where as going to Derry you can use the Motorways.
So it's actually quicker to Derry.

Only1Rovers
10/03/2008, 8:39 PM
Yeah but timewise Cobh to Ballybofey is longer because you have to go through towns and backroads where as going to Derry you can use the Motorways.

Motorways, in the North West? Dont think so John,

I do believe you must travel on the same road going to Ballybofey as to Derry from Cork....

rambler14
10/03/2008, 8:41 PM

I do believe you must travel on the same road going to Ballybofey as to Derry from Cork....

Thats all well and good but theres a big long motorway stretching from Cork to Dublin and onwards from there.

Only1Rovers
10/03/2008, 8:47 PM

Mea culpa.... I just checked it out on AA route planner, Cobh - derry you can go through Belterbet in Cavan, mind you the only motorway you take is the M8, which is also taken when going to Derry.

Only1Rovers
10/03/2008, 8:49 PM
Thats all well and good but theres a big long motorway stretching from Cork to Dublin and onwards from there.

You don't go near Dublin

stann
10/03/2008, 8:51 PM
If you go via Dublin which any sane person would for the far better roads, you end up going almost as far as Derry before turning West for Ballybofey, so it is longer, though not by much. Less distance going up the West but longer driving time. Certainly this is the case from Waterford and I can't see it being much different from Cobh.

sligoman
10/03/2008, 8:56 PM
Thats all well and good but theres a big long motorway stretching from Cork to Dublin and onwards from there.Did you actually check if that was correct before you posted?

Derry:
Time: 7 hr 1 min
Total Distance (Km): 453.70

Derry via Dublin:
Time: 7 hr 16 min
Total Distance (Km): 503.91

Ballybofey:
Time: 6 hr 39 min
Total Distance (Km): 431.65

If going by Dublin is quicker then why didn't your team go that way?

rambler14
10/03/2008, 9:04 PM
Go to Google Earth.

Cobh to Derry via the motorways is 500km which is a journey of 6 hours 15 mins.

Cobh to Ballybofey going up the West of Ireland is a distance of 431km which takes 6 hours 9 mins.

Thats just a difference of 6 mins for a journey with a 69km difference.

:p;):D

rambler14
10/03/2008, 9:06 PM
Did you actually check if that was correct before you posted?

Derry:
Time: 7 hr 1 min
Total Distance (Km): 453.70

Derry via Dublin:
Time: 7 hr 16 min
Total Distance (Km): 503.91

Ballybofey:
Time: 6 hr 39 min
Total Distance (Km): 431.65

If going by Dublin is quicker then why didn't your team go that way?

I never said it's quicker to Ballybofey via Dublin. I said it's quicker to Derry via Dublin.

rambler14
10/03/2008, 10:04 PM
Lads is it just me or did anyone else notice that Tony O'Donoghue did his report from Cobh standing on the site of the new Golf Club overlooking Monkstown????

The Rebel Ram
11/03/2008, 9:51 AM
Feckin gutted, forgot what time it was and only turned on at 8.30, missed it all. Does anyone know if it can be downloaded antwhere?

luka
11/03/2008, 9:56 AM
Feckin gutted, forgot what time it was and only turned on at 8.30, missed it all. Does anyone know if it can be downloaded antwhere?

I have it on DVD if you want a copy. Won't be home till late tonight but will leave a copy at home for you tomorrow if you want it. To be honest, you didn't miss much though.

The Rebel Ram
11/03/2008, 9:59 AM
I have it on DVD if you want a copy. Won't be home till late tonight but will leave a copy at home for you tomorrow if you want it

Brilliant luka, I'll call tomorrow if that's OK. There will be a pint waiting at half time, wats ur tipple?????????

luka
11/03/2008, 10:01 AM
I'll PM you my Mobile. I'll not be there but you can call me when you're heading up there and I'll make sure herself is at home. Otherwise can leave it behind flower pot.

Me..............I'd drink anything bud

The Rebel Ram
11/03/2008, 10:02 AM
Super, thanks a mill!!!!!!!!!!:D

ramsfan
11/03/2008, 10:10 AM
Lads is it just me or did anyone else notice that Tony O'Donoghue did his report from Cobh standing on the site of the new Golf Club overlooking Monkstown????

he was standing on the green in rushbrooke links looking down on monkstown;)

Mr A
11/03/2008, 11:07 AM

You can also watch a very small version here:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns//

bellavistaman
11/03/2008, 12:15 PM
i thought it was brilliant, its severything tv3 highlight show isnt, a very good show, harsh. The pundits are very good and they gave sufficient time to each club. It was a breath of fresh air IMO.

rambler14
11/03/2008, 7:00 PM
he was standing on the green in rushbrooke links looking down on monkstown;)

Yeah it clicked with me when I went past on the train today. I passed the new golf club and thought there's no feckin way he was up there and by the process of elimination I came to realise that he was up in the links.