PDA

View Full Version : Tallagh Stadium

kingdomkerry
04/03/2008, 7:37 PM
It says on the Star season preview mag that builders have not yet recommenced work on the stadium. I though they were supposed to be back in "a few weeks" once Rovers won the JR. It would'nt want to be left too long if thery're going to be playing there next year

HarpoJoyce
04/03/2008, 8:24 PM
The final "t" has dropped off your sign.

One concern not yet voiced and may not be appreciated yet by the newcomers to Tallaght. Is that Tamlacht gets its name from the burial place, after a severe plague struck the area.
http://www.tallaght4kids.ie/history/name.html
"It is said that about 5,000 were buried in this area - and so we get the name"
The Silvermines Castle protests will seem like Blue Peter's garden, if any remains are found on the site.

It is traditional in Irish Football to invite fans to a building site. However I do believe there is ample time for SDCC who head the building of the site, will provide adequate accommodation by March next year.

There is a continued patient welcome for Shamrock Rovers by people in Tallaght since 1997.

KianD
04/03/2008, 9:13 PM
Carrickmines Castle surely?

Also, if you'd any idea of just how built the stadium actually IS you'd realise that theres about as much chance of Drogs winning the CL as of them 'finding' any remains there now. Realistically the main stand needs a roof, thats about it... at least from the vantage point of my car, outside O'Briens in The Square.

Anto McC
04/03/2008, 9:28 PM
Realistically the main stand needs a roof, thats about it

What, no seats?

:p

KianD
04/03/2008, 9:31 PM
What, no seats?

Sitting at football? It'll never catch on ;)

They've even got the ad boards up already though! :p

dfx-
04/03/2008, 10:28 PM
Also, if you'd any idea of just how built the stadium actually IS you'd realise that theres about as much chance of Drogs winning the CL as of them 'finding' any remains there now. Realistically the main stand needs a roof, thats about it... at least from the vantage point of my car, outside O'Briens in The Square.

:D

Not quite, it's just a shell. All the work inside to be done, clubhouse built and firstly, organisational structures to be put in place.

sliced pan
05/03/2008, 9:10 AM
Its suppose to be finished for November, but ill give it another three years at least.

passinginterest
05/03/2008, 9:30 AM
:D

Not quite, it's just a shell. All the work inside to be done, clubhouse built and firstly, organisational structures to be put in place.

I had a walk along beside it last week and when you're up close it really becomes evident just how much still needs to be done. Some of the work already in place looks a bit shoddy too, although I'd imagine that's just because it was abandoned so suddenly (I hope).

A huge amount of work still needs to be done under the stand, can't wait to see the builders move back in to be honest.

ForzaHoop
05/03/2008, 12:09 PM
Where did you come up with Bodies in Tallaght ?

Tallaght was were they buried the Dead from the FAMINE. But either way the stadium has already been dug up, now they will build the Stadium, they will need to do repair work on the existing stand before starting

Jerry The Saint
05/03/2008, 2:11 PM
What, no seats?

No need. They wouldn't last long anyway.

garyderry
05/03/2008, 2:50 PM
Carrickmines Castle surely?

try a lot closer than the square to look at it, its far from just needing a roof,
get the builders in ASAP and get working on it or rovers will never be in there

KianD
05/03/2008, 3:20 PM
Hey, I value my life, I'm not going south of the Bypass!

passinginterest
05/03/2008, 3:39 PM
Hey, I value my life, I'm not going south of the Bypass!

That's the posh side over there. Fancy new hotel and all right beside the stadium.

ramsfan
05/03/2008, 3:48 PM
its a disgrace it has taken so long, i was up there with work for a couple of weeks and to see the way it is now is shocking, but really the main structure is there it is mainly finishs and fixtures, it is a great stadium as it is close to luas will it ever get finished though that is the question

kingdomkerry
05/03/2008, 4:22 PM
So nobody knows when the builders are going to get back to work?

cornerflag
05/03/2008, 8:07 PM

once they get a new kettle and a 160 box of lyons tea they will start.

i heard the biscuits are already bought and ready to go on site.

chocolate digestives so im told.

sparkey
06/03/2008, 12:28 PM
Are the original builders coming back to finish the ground or will the remaining work have to go back out to tender?

fergalr
06/03/2008, 12:33 PM
its a disgrace it has taken so long
Yes its a disgrace and Rovers would have been in there 2 years already if it wasn't for a certain GAA club.

A few weeks according to SDCC.
http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=939&pid=13940

drummerboy
06/03/2008, 1:01 PM
Slightly off topic but my young lad was playing an under 10 GAa friendly against Thomas Davis. 4 or 5 of the TH players had played soccer against him the previous week for Shamrock Rovers. Just thoought it was ironic after all the hassle the 2 clubs had had.

sliced pan
06/03/2008, 1:10 PM
Yes its a disgrace and Rovers would have been in there 2 years already if it wasn't for a certain GAA club.

A few weeks according to SDCC.
http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=939&pid=13940

They would have been their six years if they paid the builders work started in 2000 and was stopped in 2001.
Work was suppose to start in end of January

dfx-
06/03/2008, 1:16 PM
once they get a new kettle and a 160 box of lyons tea they will start.

i heard the biscuits are already bought and ready to go on site.

chocolate digestives so im told.

Nonsense. A reliable source has told me that digestives have lost the contract and now refuse to go back on site.

Rich Tea have filled the immediate void, but this is expected to be a short term measure.