PDA

View Full Version : FAI official preview in today's Star

CuanaD
04/03/2008, 10:39 AM
Just been told that the preview mag (all 64 pages) is in the Star today.
Won't get to see it myself till tomorrow, so, have you got it? & is it any good? better than previous years?

Also, someone said that the Sun have their's on Thursday, but when is the Mirror's one out? (it was the PFAI one - also a good read)

:ball:

GuisaSaigon
04/03/2008, 11:02 AM
Just had a quick flick through it. It's not too bad, glossy and bright, looks good,something similar to last year. Club profiles are a bit lazy.

Magicme
04/03/2008, 11:07 AM
Havent had a chance to read it properly myself yet but it looks good. Nice piece on the new football show on RTE and they have a lot of positive things to say about us so I am happy!

Lim till i die
04/03/2008, 11:07 AM
Club profiles are a bit lazy.

Agreed.

Every year they put Limerick down as dark horses for reasons I can never fathom.

Also shocked to discover Queenstown are doing up Colmans by nicking Kildare Countys stand :eek:

Raheny Red
04/03/2008, 11:10 AM
And David Blunkett on the front cover, wtf?

nijboyle
04/03/2008, 11:22 AM
Any good is it?

Wangball
04/03/2008, 11:28 AM
Its worth a look, there's a good feature about the new program planned for Monday nights "Monday Night Soccer" saying that RTE hope it to be more Soccer AM than The Premiership....am actually looking forward to it

Sunny Jim
04/03/2008, 12:52 PM
It's impressive alright. A good read, and I think I saw Magicme in there too, if I'm not mistaken!

SunderlandBohs
04/03/2008, 1:25 PM
Very good indeed. The Sun has there one out on Thursday. Any news on The Mirrors pull out? That's not a bad one either.

harpstilidie
04/03/2008, 1:35 PM
Its a good read. The bit about team mates is very good although clive delaney is doing it for bray.

I agree about the team profiles. There are very short and not much too them but its grand and of course they got our crest wrong once again. :eek:

6yardpunisha
04/03/2008, 1:38 PM
Agreed.

Every year they put Limerick down as dark horses for reasons I can never fathom.

Also shocked to discover Queenstown are doing up Colmans by nicking Kildare Countys stand :eek:

we took it with us after last game up there:D

Boo_Boy
04/03/2008, 2:20 PM
got the star this morning no mag in mine:mad:

Lim till i die
04/03/2008, 2:56 PM
It's impressive alright. A good read, and I think I saw Magicme in there too, if I'm not mistaken!

That's another thing, the CPO pictures are out of date :p

villarover
04/03/2008, 3:15 PM
Very good indeed. The Sun has there one out on Thursday. Any news on The Mirrors pull out? That's not a bad one either.
Its out this Friday in the Mirror......

Buller
04/03/2008, 3:55 PM
"Monday Night Soccer" saying that RTE hope it to be more Soccer AM than The Premiership...

Oh dear god... Why would they want it to be more amaturish I wonder...

rambler14
04/03/2008, 5:17 PM

I was also shocked at our sudden change of location.:D

All in all though it was a great read and I thought it looked great. I'll be looking forward to comparing with The Sun's 24 page pull-out on Thursday. and i'd say the PFAI one will be in Friday's.

sligoman
04/03/2008, 5:19 PM
Thought the interview with Peers was good, he takes the **** out of Foy in it the whole time:D

rambler14
04/03/2008, 5:21 PM
Graham Cummins got an awful doing from Alan Carey:D

cornerflag
04/03/2008, 5:35 PM
got the star this morning no mag in mine:mad:

i got the star this morning also. had two magazines in it. maybe i got your one too. soz :eek:

Boo_Boy
04/03/2008, 5:35 PM
on page 27,bottom right under the bold writing sean connor is listed as an ELOI legend:eek:

Thought the interview with Peers was good, he takes the **** out of Foy in it the whole time:D

yeh just read that interview:D

Donegalcelt
04/03/2008, 5:51 PM
didn't know Dave O'Dowd left Harps and joined Athlone

sligoman
04/03/2008, 5:56 PM
didn't know Dave O'Dowd left Harps and joined AthloneDidn't know he was with Harps at all, when was this?:confused:

bellavistaman
04/03/2008, 6:38 PM

was wondeing what that dump was:eek::D

KianD
04/03/2008, 8:47 PM
Just had to reduce myself to buying The Scar there, anyone know the nearest disinfectant booth? Still got The Irish Times and sundays Sunday Times to try to clear my mind out :p:p

Boh_So_Good
04/03/2008, 11:09 PM
Top marks to the Star and FAI for the class product today. I am really looking forward to MNS now that it seems to closer to a Top Gear type format which will only be a good thing in terms of league image.

I think the future of LOI soccer has never been brighter and I am amazed as the habitual negativity on this board sometimes. Honestly, if some LOI club won the Champions League this board would be full of whingers complaining about the colour of the fireworks celebration.

sligoman
04/03/2008, 11:25 PM
There was an ad for the LOI during the HT break in Champions League on Sky Sports tonight:eek:

A friend said he saw an ad for 'Monday Night Soccer' on RTE during HT in Man U game on RTE too.

joey B
05/03/2008, 1:36 AM
didn't know Dave O'Dowd left Harps and joined Athlone

He did'nt!

The picture in the star is actually of Shaun Holmes why I dont really know.

harpstilidie
05/03/2008, 8:24 AM
He did'nt!

The picture in the star is actually of Shaun Holmes why I dont really know.

Yeah noticed that alright. Funny! :D

Student Mullet
05/03/2008, 1:07 PM
Will the magazine from the Star be handed out free at the first round of games?

deecay
05/03/2008, 1:58 PM
Will the magazine from the Star be handed out free at the first round of games?
Typical student thinking

DRDoc
05/03/2008, 2:03 PM
Typical student thinking

Well it was last season

WoodquayBoy
05/03/2008, 2:20 PM
. . . of course they got our crest wrong once again. :eek:

Ditto. Bit of a sloppy production I thought. Anyone see the Indo's, ahem, 'effort' today?

Rovers1
05/03/2008, 2:50 PM
its always the seame ****!...one page on each 1st div club and 2 pages for Prem clubs, with wrong info and wrong pictures,remember the mirrors effort last year said we won the first division in 04! a few forewords from the secretaries etc too. waste of money!

Mento
05/03/2008, 3:21 PM
its always the seame ****!...one page on each 1st div club and 2 pages for Prem clubs, with wrong info and wrong pictures,remember the mirrors effort last year said we won the first division in 04! a few forewords from the secretaries etc too. waste of money!

- Half page for Div one and full pages for Premier
- I didn't see any forewards from secretaries
- There was plenty of decent reading and features

Some people are so hard to please.
People create threads because there is not enough coverage on the league then give out at the smallest things when they get a 64 page free mag

KUFCMan
05/03/2008, 3:28 PM
I wasnt impressed with each teams previews,no ins and outs like other yrs.If it wasnt for this forum keeping us up to date with close season transfers it would be hard to get them all.Only half a page on the 1st divisions teams,although the Indo today just done the Premier League and didnt bother with the 1st division at all!

Donegalcelt
05/03/2008, 3:29 PM

agree. the team features were pants. everyone's too good to go down

bohsRap
05/03/2008, 3:30 PM
- There was plenty of decent reading and features

Some people are so hard to please.
People create threads because there is not enough coverage on the league then give out at the smallest things when they get a 64 page free mag

Exactly! This is great exposure of the league so people should stop picking at small things. At least they made the effort and if I remember correctly it was a big improvement on last year's one. I'd be surprised if any other paper matches this.

Donegalcelt
05/03/2008, 3:36 PM
Today's Indo:
"the Cork side (Cobh) put together a fabulous late run to whip the First Division title out from under the noses of early-season pace-setters Finn Harps"

Harps won one out of their first eight games and were second last in the league at the end of last April - pace-setters?

joey B
05/03/2008, 3:41 PM
Lack of basic Journalistic investigation is often a feature of Eircom league articles and highlights for me Some papers lack of interest in our wonderful league:mad:

The Lilywhites
05/03/2008, 9:24 PM
Comprehensive coverage of our opening game with Shels on the new club website launched today..

http://www.dundalkfc.com/MatchCentre/080307_Shelbourne_Matchcentre.asp