PDA

View Full Version : Club abuse

Derek
03/03/2008, 7:32 PM
I was just wondering, I have not been on foot.ie for a good while.

Do the new clubs ie sporting fingal, wexford youths etc get as much crap as Dublin City used to get?

micls
03/03/2008, 7:33 PM
I was just wondering, I have not been on foot.ie for a good while.

Do the new clubs ie sporting fingal, wexford youths etc get as much crap as Dublin City used to get?

Id imagine Sporting Fingal will....if they get fans.

HarpoJoyce
03/03/2008, 7:36 PM
If they dare to threaten the established order. God forbid relegate anyone. Then yes, and I'm sure all of the abusers will consider it justified.

Dodge
03/03/2008, 7:36 PM
At least Sporting Fingal don't claim to represent the whole city. They haven't spoke aboout qualifying for europe, and they haven't falsely claimed to be the top sellers of anything

So no, they don't get as much abuse. Yet

Jaime
03/03/2008, 7:40 PM
Do Wexford Youths get abuse? :confused:

Can't see Fingal getting much abuse unless they suddenly become relevant - ie get promoted.

Derek
03/03/2008, 7:46 PM
Im not sure if it was about the team or the chairman, never figured it out.

GavinZac
03/03/2008, 7:48 PM
Wexford were an established schoolboys club already, no?

the problem with Dublin City was that they essentially took another club's place in the league, and almost immediately declared that their destination was some sort of "european super league" as was in fashion at the time. despite no fans, no home, no identity, no history and nothing but a fairly vacuous name, they purported to be the future of irish football.

at very least, sporting fingal claim to represent a real community.

oldyouth
03/03/2008, 7:52 PM
No, we don't get abuse. Unfortunately, a lot of the people in the county just ignore us. What we do get is hardship from some of the people living in the vicinity of the ground and from the planning authorities in return for the community facility which Mick Wallace is trying to establish.
The man is trying to provide a top flight outlet to lads who live in the area to try and help them make the grade. He'll never see a return on his 'investment' and I hope he proves the theory of build it and they will come

Derek
03/03/2008, 9:14 PM
Wexford were an established schoolboys club already, no?

the problem with Dublin City was that they essentially took another club's place in the league, and almost immediately declared that their destination was some sort of "european super league" as was in fashion at the time. despite no fans, no home, no identity, no history and nothing but a fairly vacuous name, they purported to be the future of irish football.

at very least, sporting fingal claim to represent a real community.

what community? Fingal? what is fingal, I thought the areas that they represent are part of Dublin or is it some sort of breakaway county?

what community? the local council.

I not against new clubs, to be honest I think its a great idea to start something new and try and make it work because as far as I can see the whole eircom league is a disaster, crap grounds and crap numbers at the games and before you ask I know becase I have been at every ground bar the youths from wexford which I reckon if I ever follow another eircom club that would be the one.

oldyouth
03/03/2008, 9:47 PM
Derek, c'mon down and see the facilities and (more importantly) the vision. I'm a 45 yr auld fella and professional cynic. I strongly believe that there is a core of footie supporters in this bloomin' GAA county who will find their Mecca here

Sam_Heggy
03/03/2008, 10:08 PM
Mick Wallaces' hair and selection of away kits is enough to take the abuse away from the actual club.
Fingal haven't even played a game but with Dave Rogers signed, let the abuse begin.

Fingal and Wexford are horrible clubs, I hate them with a passion and I hope that, one day, I will get the pleasure of p!ssing on their ashes.

n.b. alcohol fueled posts are great and sometimes sarcasm comes across differently in such instances.

kdjaC
03/03/2008, 10:14 PM
Mick Wallaces' hair and selection of away kits is enough to take the abuse away from the actual club.
Fingal haven't even played a game but with Dave Rogers signed, let the abuse begin.

Fingal and Wexford are horrible clubs, I hate them with a passion and I hope that, one day, I will get the pleasure of p!ssing on their ashes.

n.b. alcohol fueled posts are great and sometimes sarcasm comes across differently in such instances.

lol typical foot.ie response.

i dream of the day every EL club* has a set up like what wexford has, **** me thats impressive.

i assume the planning issue pertained to access to the N11** but sweet god what a setup they have.

* which means **** you all once Pats have a setup like that.

** nearly sure its the N11

kdjac

Sunny Jim
04/03/2008, 7:48 AM
Well we've had to put up with a fair bit of abuse from some of the Limerick posters on here, but then again, who hasn't??

Woody
04/03/2008, 8:22 AM
Sporting Fingal are SCABS. There's my bit of abuse anyway.

Macy
04/03/2008, 8:31 AM
There were very good reasons Dublin City got abuse...

The question marks about how they entered the league and whether they were a new club or just a rename (seemed to depend on what the implication was what the answer would be)
The whole "Champions League in 5 years" nonsense
Representing the whole city in some North Atlantic League nonsense
The bogus kit sales figures
The whole other dublin clubs copying their colours for away kits, when other clubs had been in the GAA colours before the existed.
The appeals that delayed the play off between Town and Harps and cost both clubs extra weeks wages
The fact that the club was always built on a house of cards and never had a sustainable business model.
Ronan Seery

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there'd be more if I actually thought about it!

Sam_Heggy
04/03/2008, 8:50 AM

The question marks about how they entered the league and whether they were a new club or just a rename (seemed to depend on what the implication was what the answer would be)
The whole other dublin clubs copying their colours for away kits, when other clubs had been in the GAA colours before the existed.
The appeals that delayed the play off between Town and Harps and cost both clubs extra weeks wages
The fact that the club was always built on a house of cards and never had a sustainable business model.
Ronan Seery

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there'd be more if I actually thought about it!

Dermott Keeley would also be a factor.

They were also an ugly bunch, only room in this league for beautiful people. (well, we keep Derry and Sligo to balance it all out)

Lim till i die
04/03/2008, 11:05 AM

I often abuse Wexford Youths

Poxy little club and the "style" of football gets on the wick.

I'm sure I'll find a problem with Fingal soon.

Derek
04/03/2008, 11:33 AM

Ronan Seery

Come off the fence and tell us what you realy think

neutrino
04/03/2008, 11:50 AM
what community? Fingal? what is fingal, I thought the areas that they represent are part of Dublin or is it some sort of breakaway county?

what community? the local council.

I not against new clubs, to be honest I think its a great idea to start something new and try and make it work because as far as I can see the whole eircom league is a disaster, crap grounds and crap numbers at the games and before you ask I know becase I have been at every ground bar the youths from wexford which I reckon if I ever follow another eircom club that would be the one.

ha - very easy to rubbish the league now your team are gone !!:rolleyes:

Oh and dont start a thread asking about why dublin city got abused - esp if you cant take it !!

oldyouth
04/03/2008, 12:54 PM
I often abuse Wexford Youths

Poxy little club and the "style" of football gets on the wick.

I'm sure I'll find a problem with Fingal soon.
I'm sure you will Lim till i die. I think you've run out of negative comments about the Youths. You can look up your back catalogue and start all over again with Sporting Fingal.

Macy
04/03/2008, 1:10 PM
Thing is, I don't see Fingal or Wexford making outlandish claims. Mick Wallace can bankroll the club easy enough, and I would have a lot of respect for his non-footballing views. Sporting Fingal people interviewed are always taking the long term view, even down to them not even pushing for league entry at this stage really - only Kilkenny's demise that lead them in at this stage. Dublin City were all fur coat and no knickers, trying to sleep their way to the top.

Lim till i die
04/03/2008, 2:56 PM
I'm sure you will Lim till i die. I think you've run out of negative comments about the Youths. .

Your style of football is piddle poor. (Even by first division standards. Ask around I'm not a lone voice on this.)

Some of your fans views on football are absolute nonsense.

That wine bar is a pretentious pile of ar$e.

It's always freezing in your ground.

We have to play you 23 times a year.

Your stand disappears and reappears at will.

That is all at the moment.

On the plus side your not all bad guys and you give us a club to finish ahead of this season. :)

Ringo
04/03/2008, 3:59 PM

Ronan Seery

The only one i'd have to take up with you, is the "bogus kit sales figures". That one was true.

pineapple stu
04/03/2008, 4:38 PM
The notion that Wexford should be mixed in with Fingal and Dublin City is ridiculous. Wexford have been around for years, have a local presence, their own facilities and have already shown they can draw a crowd.

Derek
04/03/2008, 6:53 PM
ha - very easy to rubbish the league now your team are gone !!:rolleyes:

Oh and dont start a thread asking about why dublin city got abused - esp if you cant take it !!

Im not saying anything I didnt say when Dublin City were alive. and Im not starting a thread about why Dublin got abused.

by saying the grounds are crap and the crowds are small are facts not just bad mouthing, I think a thriving soccer league would be great.

I am asking the question was it beacuse of Ronan Seery or was it because the abusers felt they had a right to slag if their team was not formed in the last ice age, I have no hard feelings to wards the league of any team init rather will the same knockers pick on the new clubs.

the thing with Fingal is that they have been formed by the local council, is this acceptable from a slaggers point of view.

eekers
04/03/2008, 7:27 PM
Im not saying anything I didnt say when Dublin City were alive. and Im not starting a thread about why Dublin got abused.

by saying the grounds are crap and the crowds are small are facts not just bad mouthing, I think a thriving soccer league would be great.

I am asking the question was it beacuse of Ronan Seery or was it because the abusers felt they had a right to slag if their team was not formed in the last ice age, I have no hard feelings to wards the league of any team init rather will the same knockers pick on the new clubs.

the thing with Fingal is that they have been formed by the local council, is this acceptable from a slaggers point of view.

the most hated team in the football league in england is mk dons, and in the austrian league red bull salzburg.

oldyouth
04/03/2008, 7:28 PM
Your style of football is piddle poor. (Even by first division standards. Ask around I'm not a lone voice on this.)

On the plus side your not all bad guys and you give us a club to finish ahead of this season. :)
1. Everyone's opinion is valid, Lim, even yours
2. I didn't think Wexford was in a different hemisphere to Limerick...Oh wait a minute??
3. That's our clubhouse, it just happens to sell wine as well as teas & coffees
4. See below
5. We keep having to hide the stand everytime L37 come to town:D

bellavistaman
04/03/2008, 9:48 PM

id back him up here. Absolute joke the way ye nearly cost us the league last year. Cant respect than hole manner. Although think mick wallace is a legend for different reasons.

oldyouth
04/03/2008, 10:03 PM
id back him up here. Absolute joke the way ye nearly cost us the league last year. Cant respect than hole manner. Although think mick wallace is a legend for different reasons.
You've lost me there Bella:confused:

jebus
05/03/2008, 12:22 AM
The only problems I've ever had with the Yoofs is a) they thought they were important enough to really register on people's hate lists at one stage, and b) a few of you were worried about Juventus poaching your players if you had a link with them :D:D:D

I **** you people not, some of them were actually worried about that

Macy
05/03/2008, 7:45 AM
The only one i'd have to take up with you, is the "bogus kit sales figures". That one was true.
I don't doubt the nominal figure, I took issue with the implication that was taken from it. Discounted jersey's (compared to most teams jerseys) mainly sold to tourists alongside the non-official rugby jerseys who just wanted something with "Dublin" on them. Most sales served no purpose in the long term for the club except to massage ego's - hence they were bogus.

oldyouth
05/03/2008, 7:57 AM
The only problems I've ever had with the Yoofs is a) they thought they were important enough to really register on people's hate lists at one stage, and b) a few of you were worried about Juventus poaching your players if you had a link with them :D:D:D

I **** you people not, some of them were actually worried about that
Big issues alright jebus

L37Ultra
05/03/2008, 10:36 AM

Heres another reason LTID

They have pink jerseys :D

http://www.freewebs.com/wysfc/febpics2008.htm

Mr A
05/03/2008, 10:52 AM
Every club in the league gets abuse to be fair, that's part of what makes it fun!

Granted Dublin City did get a lot- but then Seery did have a talent for rubbing people up the wrong way and they never really brought much to the league. It was funny when they relegated Shamrock Rovers mind you.

passinginterest
05/03/2008, 11:58 AM
You've lost me there Bella:confused:

I think he's referring to the fact that they found it very difficult to beat us last year. We're going to be even harder to beat this year. The style is not likely to get much prettier though. I think we might have big problems scoring goals again. Here's hoping Paul Murphy can get really fit and start fulfilling his potential.

Ringo
05/03/2008, 12:43 PM
I don't doubt the nominal figure, I took issue with the implication that was taken from it. Discounted jersey's (compared to most teams jerseys) mainly sold to tourists alongside the non-official rugby jerseys who just wanted something with "Dublin" on them. Most sales served no purpose in the long term for the club except to massage ego's - hence they were bogus.
I think the fact that no club had or has made an effort to sell outside their fan base is narrow-minded. Tourists go to Spain & buy Real Madrid Jersey's ( replace with any tourist destination). It’s not a bogus sale. It was a legitimate club at the time. Yes the sales figures were totally out of line with the level of club support, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

oldyouth
05/03/2008, 12:56 PM
I think he's referring to the fact that they found it very difficult to beat us last year. We're going to be even harder to beat this year. The style is not likely to get much prettier though. I think we might have big problems scoring goals again. Here's hoping Paul Murphy can get really fit and start fulfilling his potential.
Thanks passinginterest, it was Cant respect than hole manner that had me stumped
:)

Lim till i die
05/03/2008, 1:46 PM
Every club in the league gets abuse to be fair, that's part of what makes it fun!

Exactly.

Wexford lads don't take it personal.

I could come up with a similar list of peeevs for every club in the league, Limerick included.

I think he's referring to the fact that they found it very difficult to beat us last year. We're going to be even harder to beat this year.

See replace the word "beat" with the word "watch" and I completely agree with you :ball:

oldyouth
05/03/2008, 5:07 PM
Lim, you are right when you say you could come up with some abusive comment about every club. However, it you want anyone to pay any notice to you, you should also point out the positives that every club has. If you don't, it just smacks of jealosy

Jerry The Saint
05/03/2008, 10:22 PM
The notion that Wexford should be mixed in with Fingal and Dublin City is ridiculous. Wexford have been around for years, have a local presence, their own facilities and have already shown they can draw a crowd.

Something that Young Boys Ferns has in common with Continuity Home Farm is that they were both effectively one man's plaything. At least Rocky Seery never tried to pick the team :)

pineapple stu
05/03/2008, 10:30 PM
Worst. Pun. Ever.

In fairness to Youths and Wallace, at least he's got a real community thing going. Seery? Now that was a plaything.

bellavistaman
06/03/2008, 1:10 AM

what i was referring to was the lucky goal ye scored (by a top class player IMO in the lad Sinnott) and ye played with 11 men behind the ball for the 70 mins, we got a last minute equalizer, if we didnt it would have been league over, by a team who clearly not up to el standard(last year) it would have been a absolute disgrace. BTW if wallace decides to up the standard of the youths i would gladly retract all my comments as i said before he is a really likeable charachter.

Hope fingal dont adopt the same stategy.

Ringo
06/03/2008, 11:20 AM
Worst. Pun. Ever.

In fairness to Youths and Wallace, at least he's got a real community thing going. Seery? Now that was a plaything.

a very, very expensive play thing.