PDA

View Full Version : Aerial photo of Terryland

Paddyfield
02/03/2008, 8:42 PM
http://foot.ie/attachment.php?attachmentid=984&d=1204224812

Claret Murph
03/03/2008, 6:18 AM
Good shot , i see it was taken by the new striker they have up at Drogs .......

WoodquayBoy
03/03/2008, 8:42 AM
Class pic, mighty view

MyTown
03/03/2008, 8:43 AM
Definitely trick photography used in that shot.....I mean the sun appears to be shining ffs.:D

foxx92
03/03/2008, 7:21 PM
is it me or do the goals look relly far back?

corbyeire
05/03/2008, 12:51 PM
looks great alright

Con-Con
05/03/2008, 8:23 PM
is it me or do the goals look relly far back?
It's you:D

Paddyfield
05/03/2008, 9:05 PM
I'm trying to figure out when the photo was taken. The stand was completed in July 2007 but the pitch doesn't seem to be lined. The trees are in full bloom and the sun is shining so I haven't a clue.

Any ideas?

GuisaSaigon
06/03/2008, 8:43 AM
It must have been a match day, the nets are on the goals, the Chip van and shop are in the ground. How many match days after July was the sun shining?

galwayhoop
06/03/2008, 9:43 AM
It must have been a match day, the nets are on the goals, the Chip van and shop are in the ground. How many match days after July was the sun shining?

its early enough in the morning/day too judging by the shadows, there is no sight of rain on the roads either meaning no rain for a few days.

the TV gantry is complete and the area around the turnstyles and chip van is fully tarred/finished.

did we have a relatively dry spell around september,perhaps some time around then???

WindmillWarrior
06/03/2008, 11:16 AM
Good shot , i see it was taken by the new striker they have up at Drogs .......

Brilliant!

Shelsman
06/03/2008, 12:39 PM
It must have been a match day, the nets are on the goals, the Chip van and shop are in the ground.

Yes you're right, I can see Tony Cousins and John Lester queuing up at the van!

:D

Shelsman
06/03/2008, 12:41 PM
How soon are they planning to put stands behind the goals?

Surely Nick Leeson could put a few pound on the market to bring in some more dough?

On a more serious note, well done. The new stand looks great. I also thought ye played very well against Sunderland last year. The other great thing about that game was that the home crowd were up for Galway instead of the English club -nice. :)

How many of the squad are full time?

gilberto_eire
06/03/2008, 3:16 PM
How soon are they planning to put stands behind the goals?

Surely Nick Leeson could put a few pound on the market to bring in some more dough?

On a more serious note, well done. The new stand looks great. I also thought ye played very well against Sunderland last year. The other great thing about that game was that the home crowd were up for Galway instead of the English club -nice. :)

How many of the squad are full time?

Virtually all, bar a few Under-21's from last year. We turned pro' last season!.

There probably won't be anymore stands built in Terryland with GU's money. As Nick has said before Galway should be playing in a 10,000 seater stadium in 10yrs time(and he was'nt talking about Terryland). We don't own Terryland so i can't see anymore of the clubs money been invested in it, building it up for the Galway FA.

EDIT: My 1000th post, who would have taught?. Id like to thank God, Jesus, My Mom, Dad..........

GuisaSaigon
06/03/2008, 3:30 PM
EDIT: My 1000th post, who would have taught?
All 1000 of them constructive, pleasant and well thought out, eh Gilberto!

gilberto_eire
06/03/2008, 3:33 PM
All 1000 of them constructive, pleasant and well thought out, eh Gilberto!

Ya actually they were, im only here for constructive debate,but that somtimes turns into petty arguments with sad keyboard warriors though!!;)

Claret Murph
06/03/2008, 3:37 PM
Ya actually they were, im only here for constructive debate,but that somtimes turns into petty arguments with sad keyboard warriors though!!;)

Gilberto I would say you are some kind of a cat with nine lives as if another furry looking rat had his way you would have been disbarred ;)

Mr A
06/03/2008, 3:37 PM
My 1000th post, who would have taught?. Id like to thank God, Jesus, My Mom, Dad..........

Can't believe DaHamsta didn't get a mention there!

Terry
08/03/2008, 9:08 AM
actually, I was talking to a local business man who is involved with the club around 6 months ago and he said that they have already looked at a few drawings of what could be done with putting in another stand in the car park area, but no application for planning permission would be put in until things are going very well on the pitch and the football is attracting more and more supporters.

gufcfan
09/03/2008, 1:43 AM
actually, I was talking to a local business man who is involved with the club around 6 months ago and he said that they have already looked at a few drawings of what could be done with putting in another stand in the car park area, but no application for planning permission would be put in until things are going very well on the pitch and the football is attracting more and more supporters.

If John Fallon reckons that we should be looking to go to a new purpose built stadium, aswel as Nick Leeson saying something about us being in a 10k all-seater in less than 10 years, should we not be pooling resources i.e. money towards that end. I mean this as opposed to further money being spent developing the Galway FA's ground.

Just an observation. I only say it to draw a debate on the subject, not give out about what they are doing.

There was great wisdom in backing the training facility in Athenry, in order that United could have a proper alternative to financing Salthill Devons activities with the rent of their facilities(as impressive as they are).

Should we not be looking the same way as regards stadia?

Opinions anyone?

Tir Oilean
09/03/2008, 7:12 PM
There is no way we can afford to contruct a ground within the city limits. Moving the games to a new stadium in Athenry or somewhere similar is not going to work either so continue develop Terryland jointly with the FA, provided we can justify further development. I think we will be better off in the long run as the money i.e. grants will be more forthcoming to a joint appplication from United and the FA.

gilberto_eire
09/03/2008, 7:37 PM
There is no way we can afford to contruct a ground within the city limits. Moving the games to a new stadium in Athenry or somewhere similar is not going to work either so continue develop Terryland jointly with the FA, provided we can justify further development. I think we will be better off in the long run as the money i.e. grants will be more forthcoming to a joint appplication from United and the FA.

If every other club can keep there current fans by moving to a better ground i don't see any differance with us, it's going to happen eventually, only time will tell, when!!

Tir Oilean
09/03/2008, 8:03 PM
If every other club can keep there current fans by moving to a better ground i don't see any differance with us, it's going to happen eventually, only time will tell, when!!

The GUST travel committee would be even busier organising buses to home games as well as away games!!!:D

Square Heir
09/03/2008, 11:04 PM
I would agree that further development of Terryland would be the way to go. All the work up to now would seem wasteful otherwise. Would love to see a stand like the new stand behind the goal on the town end.
Car park would be easily accommodated underneath, and I presume it wouldn't cost as much as the corribside stand as it wouldn't need a whole development with lounge, etc., underneath it?
BTW does anyone know when the dressing rooms, etc will be ready in the corribside stand? And what will become of the clubhouse when the teams no longer tog out there?

gufcfan
10/03/2008, 4:07 AM
The GUST travel committee would be even busier organising buses to home games as well as away games!!!:D

FFS, if United moved out Athenry direction I would have to do something drastic like start watching the premiership, because it already takes me at least an hour an a half to get to Terryland!

Sandro
11/03/2008, 7:31 AM
More pictures here. I'll try to post them in higher resolution later

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2694/terryland1sz7.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7462/terryland2vq9.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/7476/terryland3ya7.jpg

GalwayFrancis
16/03/2008, 4:01 PM
More pictures here. I'll try to post them in higher resolution later

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2694/terryland1sz7.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7462/terryland2vq9.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/7476/terryland3ya7.jpg

you'd swear the ground was out in the middle of the country

Sandro
31/03/2008, 4:10 PM
I promised.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2466/galwaydy6.jpg

Picture was taken from Microsoft Live Search Maps which now covers Galway, Derry, Wexford, Limerick, Cork, Carlow and Navan