PDA

View Full Version : New two stick TIFO flag

RonnieB
02/03/2008, 5:40 PM
I decided to make the most of being hungover and started work on a new banner, going to be one of the two stick variety. Here it is, just have to stitch the letters and logo on, and even out the spacing a bit. Will be ready for the fingal match.

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1608596_DSC00386.JPG (http://www.imagehosting.com)

Photo isnt great but gets the idea across. Starting work on a larger stand banner after this. Need to figure out what images, text to add to it. Will be around 4m x 3m. Got a load of material yesterday for the princely sum of 50euro.

Pauro 76
02/03/2008, 6:50 PM
Not too shabby that, very Ultras like!

Martinho II
02/03/2008, 7:31 PM
very good ronnie! cant wait to see it!

RonnieB
03/03/2008, 11:06 AM
After stsitching my hands to the flag I have decided to glue most of it with adhesive for materials!. Just have to attach the poles to it.

Bosco
04/03/2008, 4:07 PM
Ronnie,what did you use for the letters for the flag??I've got the 8 seperate flags to spell out section o but im wondering whats the best thing to use for letters,mite just get a bedsheet and cut out the letters and stitch it on....

RonnieB
04/03/2008, 4:21 PM
I got some plain white polycotton material from a local drapers! I then did up a few stencils for the letters in msword using a font I found online. Cut them out when printed and then marked the material with them. You could print out a letter to multiple A4 pages to give you an exact template. I could give you a hand one of the evenings if you like?

RonnieB
04/03/2008, 4:22 PM
Also maybe consider using hemming tape to stick the letters on, it works well. You just cut it out and iron it on!

Might make a set of curtains next :D

deecay
18/03/2008, 2:45 PM
Plastic conduit,something like 33mm in diameter

Cheap,strong,light

Cabs88
18/03/2008, 6:40 PM
New banner should be on display saturday night!! The traditional bedsheet id imagine, informing a certain Mr. Collins how much he wont be missed in Longford, or something to that effect!