PDA

View Full Version : John Hartson

superfrank
02/03/2008, 12:10 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/east_stirlingshire/7273731.stm

Following in the footsteps of Alex Ferguson perhaps?

He definitely has the passion to stick with it but does he have any coaching training or anything? I imagine you need full qualifications to manage in the Scottish football league.

NeilMcD
02/03/2008, 12:37 PM
Jesus if his performance on Setanta is anything to go buy he does not have a chance. Talk about being clueless. The amount of mistakes he made was unreal. One on an off side decision that was laughable. There were a few other times when he talked other ****e and he got his facts wrong all the time.

Lionel Ritchie
02/03/2008, 6:41 PM
I'm with Neil and I've not even seen Hartson on Setanta. Hartson comes across as a bit of a gormless tit any time I've seen or read him interviewed.

Not sure how passionate about his work a guy who said when he retired that he'll not miss training will be either.

Plastic Paddy
03/03/2008, 4:43 PM
I think that last sentence could do with some serious punctuation Lionel. :D

Your point is a good one though. A good player does not necessarily make a good manager. Bobby Charlton, Bryan Robson (despite numerous attempts), Stuart Pearce... no need to go on.

:ball: PP

Lionel Ritchie
03/03/2008, 8:58 PM
I think that last sentence could do with some serious punctuation Lionel. :D
:ball: PP ...If you fancy a pop at it -then go nuts. One of those instances of knowing exactly what you want to say and getting tangled in knots trying to say it.

The main thing about his not being fond of training is that it tends to give the impression he's something of a lazy sod who wants all the rewards for as little of the work as he can get away with. That the guy spent a decent proportion of his career visibly carrying excessive weight for a professional athlete would appear to re-enforce that impression quite nicely.

pineapple stu
03/03/2008, 9:29 PM
The main thing is that East Stirling have gotten a few minutes' national media coverage, which will give them and their sponsors a bit of exposure.