PDA

View Full Version : Town v Sporting Fingal

Pages : [1] 2

Cabs88
01/03/2008, 11:10 PM
I know its a bit early to be startin a match thread but **** it, cant wait for the new season!

A new season and a new beginning, and one to look forward to. Its probably inconceiveable to expect a promotion push this time round, but id say the majority of the hard core fans will be happy with a mid table position and a young and hungry team wanting to play for the town. We've had our good days, and we've enjoyed them, but hopefully there'll be more to come in the not to distant future.

Hopefully a decent crowd will head out saturday for the game, and especially section O. We were hopin to organise a proper display, but time constraints and other problems meant we couldnt. We're still hopin for people to bring out scarves and flags, and hopefully we'll be able to continue in some way the support of last year.

Any new songs aswell for all you budding songwriters would be greatly appreciated!

Here's to another 8 months of football, it cant come soon enough!

RonnieB
02/03/2008, 11:21 AM
Indeed I cant wait, life without football to goto is a life not worth living in my opinion! Hopefully a decent crowd will turn up now with a few more local lads playing with us. But knowing the people of Longford most wont bother their arses getting up and supporting us and will be the ones bitching and moaning when things go badly.

RockofGibraltar
02/03/2008, 2:21 PM
any1 have any idea of what our possible startin XI will be or any definite starters...havent been able 2 make it to ne friendlies

Sonic
02/03/2008, 3:58 PM
any1 have any idea of what our possible startin XI will be or any definite starters...havent been able 2 make it to ne friendlies

Likewise and Ill miss the Sporting Fingal game too unfortunately!! Will be interesting to see what team will appear alright.

Pauro 76
02/03/2008, 6:52 PM
Yeah really looking forward to it as well. I may try and head over a bit more often this season too. Just back from a weekend in Poznan, caught a Lech Poznan game. what an amazing atmosphere and its got me missing proper live football and got me looking forward to the Section O experience again!

De Town
02/03/2008, 7:06 PM
Yeah can't wait for the new season now myself. Very tough opening 4 fixtures, but hopefully we can get off to a decent start and then take it from there!

Martinho II
02/03/2008, 7:29 PM
Its goin to be such a strange atmosphere on sat with the amount of unfamiliar faces that will be playin for us on sat! it will take a while to build an affinity with them so Im afraid that we have not too many songs to sing about!

believe that ronnies mate( adrian cregg) has signed for the club on amateur terms! anyone know anything about this michael mccarthy that signed for us? spoke to aaron and vinny at dinner dance the lads are really lookin forward to the season... they were even training in ballymahon during the week..

the reason that the match was called off on friday night was that the lads were draining the pitch and with the heavy pitch they thought it would cause major long term damage to the pitch.. so thats the reason it was called off..

really looking forward to the season.. this new sponsorship deal is worth at least 20k to the club... apparenty they were going to sponsor kilkenny city but it was through the connections of caroline rattigan(ex kilkenny city secretary now in the fai )hat we got this deal. she is originally from lanesbro and it was through her that paul mcgrath came to the dinner dance last night...the club seem to at long last have gone their affairs in order so if the team can gell over the next year or so we could be in for some good times again..

sligoman
02/03/2008, 7:39 PM
Probably be at this meself!

Martinho II
02/03/2008, 8:00 PM
Probably be at this meself!

the usual lads goin with u sligoman?

sligoman
02/03/2008, 8:03 PM
the usual lads goin with u sligoman?Nobody else confirmed yet Marty but I'd assume so:D

deecay
02/03/2008, 11:32 PM
Deecay x2 will be in attendance,canny wait Marty:)

Longfordian
02/03/2008, 11:33 PM
spoke to aaron and vinny at dinner dance the lads are really lookin forward to the season...

You were flashing the cash in the auction Martin. Fair play to you. Be sure and cough up now ;)

Martinho II
03/03/2008, 7:53 PM
try my best longfordian.. it was an opportunity I was not goin to miss... plus I got Paul Mcgrath to sign it as well...

you can trust me man!;)

sligoman
03/03/2008, 8:15 PM
Did you put it on the card again marty? and then log in at work and clear yer purchases:p

Longfordian
03/03/2008, 11:54 PM
try my best longfordian.. it was an opportunity I was not goin to miss... plus I got Paul Mcgrath to sign it as well...

you can trust me man!;)

Yeah I think everyone knows where to get you at this stage Marty. I'm sure the ebay market for Vinny jerseys would make you your money back anyhow :)

sligoman
04/03/2008, 4:39 PM
Lads, no offence but I'm thinking of backing Fingal to win this one. They're good value...any idea what team ye'll be putting out at all? I just think it might be a little on the inexperienced side whereas Fingal have Colie James, Williams and a few other guys who have done well enough in the Premier.

What ye think?:o

Martinho II
04/03/2008, 8:44 PM
i am not expecting much from sat nite a goal to celebrate would do me thanks!
a draw would be a very good result for us I think!

deecay
04/03/2008, 10:33 PM
No Robbie Doyle to abuse:(

I assume Collie will get a good reception

max power
05/03/2008, 1:02 PM
Yeah I think everyone knows where to get you at this stage Marty. I'm sure the ebay market for Vinny jerseys would make you your money back anyhow :)

I still have mine, looking forward to getting it out!! Won't Vinny be the main man in the dug out on sat seeing as Aaron is suspended ???

Maz
05/03/2008, 1:53 PM
Gonna miss the game..raging but have another engagement in westmeath so I wont make it back!! I'm sure someone *cough Max or Marty* will inform me

deecay
05/03/2008, 2:12 PM
Do ye have the same to kits?Will they be on sale in the shop?

Longfordian
05/03/2008, 3:59 PM
I heard the home jersey is changing but I dont know if it'll be ready for Saturday. Apparently Umbro wanted to keep the away jersey as they still have loads of them.

Martinho II
05/03/2008, 8:48 PM
I heard the home jersey is changing but I dont know if it'll be ready for Saturday. Apparently Umbro wanted to keep the away jersey as they still have loads of them.

thats very unusual to hear that. Hope the club wont get fined over this. what role has caroline rhattigan to play with da town this season longfordian? is there not any chance that her role in the fai could be compromised by her helping us out and getting paul mcgrath to be guest of honour at the dinner dance...

Martinho II
05/03/2008, 8:49 PM
Gonna miss the game..raging but have another engagement in westmeath so I wont make it back!! I'm sure someone *cough Max or Marty* will inform me

rest assured maz cough cough that I will text u the updates!

Longfordian
06/03/2008, 12:24 AM
thats very unusual to hear that. Hope the club wont get fined over this. what role has caroline rhattigan to play with da town this season longfordian? is there not any chance that her role in the fai could be compromised by her helping us out and getting paul mcgrath to be guest of honour at the dinner dance...

As Vice Chair of the league she can't be officially involved with any club. But she has goodwill towards LTFC as a Longford native and, like all the nice people in Abbottstown, is available to assist all clubs in whatever way she can. Club can't be fined over the jerseys so long as the colours are correct!. Think they may be ready by then anyhow.

max power
06/03/2008, 7:28 AM
As Vice Chair of the league she can't be officially involved with any club. But she has goodwill towards LTFC as a Longford native and, like all the nice people in Abbottstown, is available to assist all clubs in whatever way she can. Club can't be fined over the jerseys so long as the colours are correct!. Think they may be ready by then anyhow.

for sale ??????????

Martinho II
06/03/2008, 8:54 PM
question for you longfordian a few players that signed for us what clubs did they come from?

michael mcccarthy( acc to our website)

rocky james

sligoman
06/03/2008, 8:57 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow Marty?;)

Martinho II
06/03/2008, 9:17 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow Marty?;)

massively especially to be with deecay!:)

Longfordian
06/03/2008, 9:17 PM
question for you longfordian a few players that signed for us what clubs did they come from?

michael mcccarthy( acc to our website)

rocky james

Don't know where McCarthy came from to be honest. Rocky James was on trial, came over from America but wasn't kept on I think. We have signed an American-Irish guy Mike Hogan, plays central defence seemingly.He and a fair few other lads have been signed as amateurs so they can be looked at over the next few months and see if they can make the team.

Longfordian
06/03/2008, 9:20 PM
for sale ??????????

Don't know. I doubt it.

Pauro 76
07/03/2008, 10:05 AM
bit out of touch here, but has Wexler being sold or is he staying. Also could someone put up a list of comings and goings over the close season please? ta! :)

sligoman
07/03/2008, 10:25 AM
bit out of touch here, but has Wexler being sold or is he staying.Sold?:eek: You actually think someone would pay for him?:D

Unfortunately he's gone.

Longfordian
07/03/2008, 11:58 AM
He's gone back to the home of the brave and land of the free as far as I know. The Sligo branch of the Samaritans have drafted in extra staff.

Pauro 76
07/03/2008, 5:03 PM
Sold?:eek: You actually think someone would pay for him?:D

Unfortunately he's gone.

Id have thought Sligo Rovers would have put in a bid. Seeing as you guys love him so much and to please their loyal supporters. ;)

RonnieB
08/03/2008, 9:20 AM
Only 9 odd hours till kickoff! Football is back, Huzzah!

RockofGibraltar
08/03/2008, 9:31 AM
cant bloody wait lads!heres to a good start!!

RonnieB
08/03/2008, 9:33 AM
Going to be a wet and windy evening by the way the day is shaping up but feck it. Hopefully a good crowd comes out to support us tonight. Would be happy with a draw from the game to be honest. Fingal have some good experienced players with them.

Martinho II
08/03/2008, 12:57 PM
Don't know where McCarthy came from to be honest. Rocky James was on trial, came over from America but wasn't kept on I think. We have signed an American-Irish guy Mike Hogan, plays central defence seemingly.He and a fair few other lads have been signed as amateurs so they can be looked at over the next few months and see if they can make the team.

just that longfordian there was a picture of rocky james in the longford news assumed that he had signed for us???

sligoman
08/03/2008, 1:07 PM
Will the pitch hold up tonight, won't be called off?

Martinho II
08/03/2008, 1:09 PM
its stopped rainin at the moment man! if I get any texts I will be the first to let you know sligoman.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0308/longfordfingal.html

preview of our match tonight

Pauro 76
08/03/2008, 2:25 PM
Best of luck to the Town tonight. Here's to a decent start to the season.

sligoman
08/03/2008, 2:27 PM
I will be the first to let you know sligoman.Cheers Marty. I'm looking forward to winning that LTFC season ticket in the draw tonight:D.

RockofGibraltar
08/03/2008, 8:53 PM
5-1 lads unbelievable start!!

De Town
08/03/2008, 9:01 PM
What a start!! Brilliant performance from the lads!

johno
08/03/2008, 9:16 PM
Best performance from a town team that i've seen in quite a while,determined,good structure,nice controlled football,and above all entertaining. Well done and hopefully it will continue.:)

Maz
08/03/2008, 10:58 PM
What a game to miss!! Fair play lads...hope it continues

Sonic
09/03/2008, 10:07 AM
Whats that Sligoman you fancied Sporting Fingal!!??:D Seriously tho good start heres to another good performance and result v waterford!

Mullogher
09/03/2008, 2:03 PM
great result last night!:)great to c aaron callaghan and vinny using an attacking brand of management.thought there was great energy,work rate and the vital end product.Davoren and Mckenna looked very sharp and their goal tally last night bodes well for the season.

A rude awaking for sporting who were very poor despite there being experienced heads in the squad.they were clueless @ times particulary @ the back wher rogers and williams had a mare!

gary murphy was very prominent and worked tirelessly showing lovely touches which town fans knew he always had in him but his final ball was poor on occasions but with a good run in the first team murphy will definitely shine.The back4 looked composed and didn't put a foot wrong but were never really tested so its hard to know how we would fare against stronger opposition but i suppose u have play what is put in front of u.
Thought daire doyle showed a new hard side to his game and his clenched fist gesture to section o @ the end was vinny esque and dispalyed a passion which the town def need if we are to challenge for promotion.

cheers to a good season!!

(on a side note somethings don't change.:(that idiot of a steward aka "the orangmen" was up to his old tricks.that man needs to b taken aside by someone higher up in the club and told to stop ****ing off young fans with his power tripping antics.i no the fai have a misguided agenda with regards flares,horns etc but this man enforces these rules in a totally OTT fashion to the point that he reminds of me a really annoying teacher i used to have!:)

cheers to the lads in section 0 again who were in full voice and to the lads who made a great effort wit the new flags.

holidaysong
09/03/2008, 2:21 PM
What colour kit did SF play in?