PDA

View Full Version : Tony Mac on RTE

Schumi
29/02/2008, 3:46 PM
Presenter Con Murphy will be joined by... former Cork City manager Damien Richardson, newly retired St Patrick's Athletic defender Colm Foley, former Bohemians manager Sean Connor, former Irish international and Millwall striker Richard Sadlier, former UCD midfielder Tony McDonnell, renowned former Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians manager Roddy Collins, Cork City legend Dave Barry and former Cork City striker Pat Morley.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0229/soccer_eloi.html

So now we know why he retired. :)

John83
29/02/2008, 3:50 PM
Nice to hear. I'm looking forward to this show. I really hope RTE will give a damn this time.

Poor Student
29/02/2008, 3:58 PM
Hopefully that'll be as part of their main panel. That's 8 people so I don't know where he'll fit in. It would be nice to have someone who won't just trot out hackeyed clichés about the club.

John83
29/02/2008, 4:08 PM
Hopefully that'll be as part of their main panel. That's 8 people so I don't know where he'll fit in. It would be nice to have someone who won't just trot out hackeyed clichés about the club.
I don't know. I reckon it'd just be easier to offer a €10,000 contract on the life of the first journalist or pundit to use one of the phrases "difficult to break down" or "a hard place to go looking for three points" about us.

Titan
29/02/2008, 4:11 PM
If the amount of preperation RTE are putting into this is anything to go by its going to be great!

Poor Student
29/02/2008, 4:37 PM
I don't know. I reckon it'd just be easier to offer a €10,000 contract on the life of the first journalist or pundit to use one of the phrases "difficult to break down" or "a hard place to go looking for three points" about us.

There goes our CPO grant then.;)

Titan
29/02/2008, 4:39 PM
There goes our CPO grant then.;)

Money well spent!

DmanDmythDledge
07/03/2008, 1:57 PM
I'll have to buy that widescreen TV I was going to get a while ago to make sure that Lurch fits on my screen...:)

Poor Student
10/03/2008, 8:07 PM

Rico mentioned that "The students will have learned a lesson". Groan!

No sign of Tony tonight on MNS. He must be part of the pool of analysts or co-commentators for live games.

John83
10/03/2008, 9:30 PM
Rico mentioned that "The students will have learned a lesson". Groan!

No sign of Tony tonight on MNS. He must be part of the pool of analysts or co-commentators for live games.
That or they'll be rotating the panel to keep them fresh for European games.

DmanDmythDledge
18/03/2008, 4:58 PM
Looks like they are going to rotate the analysts, Rico + 2 others. We might get to see him next week...:)

DmanDmythDledge
31/03/2008, 5:52 PM
He's on tonight.

TheBoss
30/09/2008, 3:12 PM
He said on MNS that he plays with St Kevin's

John83
30/09/2008, 3:19 PM
He said on MNS that he plays with St Kevin's
Yeah, he does. They were his schoolboy team, and I think he's playing with them to stay fit as much as anything else.