PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

rebel yell
02/07/2003, 6:52 PM
They had scouts at both first round clashes compiling a lengthy report on Rovers though all this may have gone to waste with the scouts losing 30 pages of comprehensive notes on the Hoops behind in McDowells of Inchicore after Sunday's second leg in Inchicore.
Anyone got any good other cockup stories?There must have been a few under Gunther. Still the scout was lucky that's all he left behind as it looks like his hubcaps escaped.:D

City Hero
03/07/2003, 1:17 AM
Maybe they didn't need the notes anymore - ie very confident of stuffing the scum at home and away.

Trax
03/07/2003, 11:13 AM
I'd say Liberec would be confident of beating them,they are a side of decent pedigree,although for the sake of the league I'd like to see Shams do well.You know for the 1st game the polish side(who's name im not gonna even bother to try) invited Liam Buckley to watch them train,talkabout over-confident!! needless to say Scum didnt return the invitation:p

Schumi
03/07/2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Trax
I'd say Liberec would be confident of beating them So were Odra though.

pete
03/07/2003, 4:09 PM
Apparently the Odra coach just heard Rovers were a part-time outfit & must have assumed they little more than a pub team. Still inviting your opposition to watch you train has to be one of the biggest cockups in recent years - its not as if Odra were huge favourites.

Apparently the Liberec scouts mislaid their notes after some free beverages in MacDowells & the Horse & Jockey.

:D

Trax
03/07/2003, 4:49 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
So were Odra though. What I meant was that Liberec would be confident even ater doing a bit of research,whereas Like Pete said Odra just assumed They would be a joke without even checking on them,how wrong they were.