PDA

View Full Version : New Signings Confirmed

passinginterest
29/02/2008, 11:48 AM
From RTE.ie (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0229/wexfordyouths.html?rss)

Paul Murphy and a lad called Ricky Fox have been signed up for this season.

Anyone know much about Fox? Hadn't heard him mentioned before?

Oh and the Paul Murphy pictured beside the article is not the one we've signed.

Youths4Ever
29/02/2008, 4:58 PM
I think Fox is stepping up from a Wexford club team. Meant to be a useful enough player or rumour has it anyway

passinginterest
29/02/2008, 5:03 PM
I think Fox is stepping up from a Wexford club team. Meant to be a useful enough player or rumour has it anyway

Shamrock Rovers of Enniscorthy according to the article.
I don't recall him playing for any of Wallace's teams before, has anyone seen him play or played against him?

Thunder-WYFC
29/02/2008, 6:52 PM
I've [;ayed against him, think hes bein playin with their first team for the last 2/3 years,very handy player

ForzaForth
29/02/2008, 6:55 PM
I think Fox came on as a fairly late substitute against Cork. Looked neat and tidy without impressing greatly (reminded me of Davey Miller).

Off to Rovers match soon. I'm an old Milltown head like OldYouth so looking forward to it!

ForzaWexford
01/03/2008, 12:50 AM
Ricky wasn't involved with any of Wallace's underage teams but he was born in 1988 and would have been elegible for the U-18's last year. No disrespect to him because he is a handy player, but I can't see him making any sort of impression at eL level.

Take it Willie Doyle isn't signing then? Pity if he's not.

Magicme
03/03/2008, 12:05 PM
From talking to him weekend before last, it seems he is staying with us and going to train as soon as gets the all clear from Doctors. He may go to yourselves in the July transfer window though. (he didnt say that but I am guessing he mite if he is not getting a regular start with us)

Topman
03/03/2008, 3:35 PM
Did i read somewhere that ye Guys ahave signed Willie Doyle form Monaghan?

Magicme
03/03/2008, 4:38 PM
You may have but if you read the post above you will see they havent!