PDA

View Full Version : Jack McCarthy on Newstalk

paudie
29/02/2008, 7:42 AM
Anyone hear McCarthy talking on Off The Ball on Newstalk last night.

Came across pretty well. Talking about reaching the Premier Division within 5 years, not next season.

Mentioned that a General manager and a CEO have been appointed and named a few of the new player signings.

Also said he wouldn't really be involved in the day to day running of the club. He'd leave that to the management.

BTW does this mean that the Limerick Junior leagues now have no involvement with the running/ownership of Limerick 37?

Jofspring
29/02/2008, 9:04 AM
ya the junor clubs shares where bought out by Jack McCarthy. The only link now is the fact limerick will be using jackman park.

paudie
29/02/2008, 10:06 AM
ya the junor clubs shares where bought out by Jack McCarthy. The only link now is the fact limerick will be using jackman park.

Will this delay plans to redevelop Jackman Park?

Are there concrete plans to redevelop it? There was talk of it last year.

Jofspring
29/02/2008, 10:14 AM
We where supposed to be starting the season this year with a new stand but with all the off field trouble i haven't heard anything more about developing the ground or what has been done. Supposedly there is to be a new developement just up the road from Jackman Park where they want to put a 10,000 seater stadium for all codes of soccer in limerick (and other sports too??). I am not sure of the full story there so maybe someone else here could elaborate on it for you a bit more.

Monkfish
29/02/2008, 2:20 PM
We where supposed to be starting the season this year with a new stand but with all the off field trouble i haven't heard anything more about developing the ground or what has been done. Supposedly there is to be a new developement just up the road from Jackman Park where they want to put a 10,000 seater stadium for all codes of soccer in limerick (and other sports too??). I am not sure of the full story there so maybe someone else here could elaborate on it for you a bit more.

Regeneration plans are out in June/July? the stadium was mentioned in the 'vision statment' but id wait for the acuall plans before getting excited.

Jofspring
29/02/2008, 2:43 PM
Still waiting for this to be but up as a podcast on itunes, i'm looking forward to hearing it.

WSTigers
29/02/2008, 11:06 PM
Looks like Limerick City Council have requested more information regarding the request for PP for the new stand in Jackman (according to their planning website, file 07469). This could be a genuine request or possibly an indication that they are aware its not going to happen.