PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse to Write/Perform Bond title track

Block G Raptor
28/02/2008, 1:56 PM
Amy Winehouse has been invited to write and perform the Title track to the latest Bond Movie "Quantam of Solace" (http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/inthenews/0,,2254016,00.html) due for release in November but only on the proviso that she stay clean in the meantime. I think she's a natural choice as her voice/style always reminds me of Shirley Bassey. What do people think, will she stay clean long enough? will she be any use? does her Image fit with 007 Brand? Discuss

Lev Yashin
28/02/2008, 7:15 PM
stay claen..she'll be lucky to be alive i think...back on the drugs from what i read today.

Lionel Ritchie
29/02/2008, 8:28 AM
Amy Winehouse has been invited to write and perform the Title track to the latest Bond Movie "Quantam of Solace" (http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/inthenews/0,,2254016,00.html) due for release in November but only on the proviso that she stay clean in the meantime. I think she's a natural choice as her voice/style always reminds me of Shirley Bassey. What do people think, will she stay clean long enough? will she be any use? does her Image fit with 007 Brand? Discuss

They'll dump her before it happens and get the equally annoying Duffy to sing something ...probably written and produced by the even more annoying Ronson creature.

noby
29/02/2008, 8:54 AM
Equally annoying Duffy? What has she done to upset you so much?

Anyway:

A View to a Pill
Brown Finger
Dr. Blow
You Only Ate Twice
From Rehab With Love

stann
29/02/2008, 12:37 PM
For Your Nose Only
The Weed Is Not Enough
Thunder(speed)ball
Never Say Never At Any Time Apparently
The Wan With The Golden Arm (hold on a minute... :confused: :D )
You Only Exist In A State Of Living Death Twice

Lionel Ritchie
29/02/2008, 1:10 PM
Equally annoying Duffy? What has she done to upset you so much?

Just because they got Bernard Butler and Johnny Marr to play on the record doesn't stop it being 'Stars In Their Eyes' without having to pay the royalties.

noby
29/02/2008, 1:24 PM
Bernard Butler did a little more than just playing on the record. As well as playing various instruments he co-wrote, produced, arranged and engineered about half the tracks on the album. I have yet to listen to the album, so I'm holding judgement, suffice to say I like what I've heard so far. Stars in their eyes? Maybe, but meh...

When her warmed up corpse appears on every media outlet for a solid two years (on a non-story), and every second lazy comedian uses her for the butt of lame jokes, then, yes, she will be equally as annoying.

Lev Yashin
29/02/2008, 1:43 PM
Just because they got Bernard Butler and Johnny Marr to play on the record doesn't stop it being 'Stars In Their Eyes' without having to pay the royalties.

your a bitter bitter man lionel...the music industry is full of people preforming glorified kareoke...and maybe duffy is no better...but...she does have a good voice...unlike..rachel stevens, lisa scott lee, danni minogue, javine, half of the sugababes(:D), britney,i mean surely you should save your spite fior these instead of throwing duffy in with amy whorehouse!!!:confused:

Lionel Ritchie
03/03/2008, 8:58 AM
your a bitter bitter man lionel...
...at last -someone on foot.ie who gets me. :D

the music industry is full of people preforming glorified kareoke...and maybe duffy is no better...but...she does have a good voice......
I completely agree. I would like to hear her sing something beyond pastiche mind.

unlike..rachel stevens, lisa scott lee, danni minogue, javine, half of the sugababes, britney,i mean surely you should save your spite fior these instead of throwing duffy in with amy whorehouse!!!: I see your point but no-one claims the minogues, the stevens' or the sugababes of this world do anything other than exactly what it says on the tin. perfunctory pop. Musical chewing gum.

Duffy on the other hand is presented as something of a talented maverick when she is, on my appraisal at least, every bit as much a puppet on a string -One who's being marketed at an audience who's scarcely listened to CD collections also include such titles as Buena Vista Social Club and Eva Cassidy.:cool:

Lionel Ritchie
03/03/2008, 9:05 AM
..One who's being marketed at an audience who's scarcely listened to CD collections also include such titles as Buena Vista Social Club and Eva Cassidy.:cool:

Oh ...AND Amy Winehouse!

...KT Tunstall

...Lighthouse Family

...Simply Red

noby
03/03/2008, 9:12 AM
Oh ...AND Amy Winehouse!

...KT Tunstall

...Lighthouse Family

...Simply Red

Oi! You just named the six albums I own.

Pauro 76
03/03/2008, 9:54 AM
I think it could be an excellent choice. It cant be any worse than Madonna's 'Die Another Day' monstrosity way back when. I was similarly surprised when Garbage got that gig for 'The World Is Not Enough' . That song was surprisingly pretty good. I'll reserve judgement till I hear it.

Lev Yashin
03/03/2008, 3:17 PM
Oh ...AND Amy Winehouse!

...KT Tunstall

...Lighthouse Family

...Simply Red

and james blunt...

Pauro 76
04/03/2008, 1:12 PM
and Matchbox 20. and Michael Buble. and Katie Melua.

Lev Yashin
04/03/2008, 5:13 PM

and the goo goo dolls!

Lionel Ritchie
04/03/2008, 6:06 PM
and the goo goo dolls!

:D ...ah yes of course!!! The F***ing Goo Goo Dolls!

Might be time for a thread split :D

Lev Yashin
04/03/2008, 8:10 PM
:D ...ah yes of course!!! The F***ing Goo Goo Dolls!

Might be time for a thread split :D

still think its hilarious that there was n ad on the radio a few months ago for the "best of" the goo goo dolls!!!!
someone is having a laugh like!

Pauro 76
05/03/2008, 12:35 PM
Does that album feature 'Iris', 'Iris (album version), 'Iris (exclusive remix)?

McShels
05/03/2008, 1:43 PM
Does that album feature 'Iris', 'Iris (album version), 'Iris (exclusive remix)?

Also the following versions of Iris; the techno dub mix, acoustic mix, the 12" megamix, the film version, the liver version and the EXCLUSIVE never before released demo!!!!

noby
05/03/2008, 1:47 PM
By the way, I can't read this thread title without thinking:
"write the feem toon, sing the feem toon"

Kingdom
05/03/2008, 2:38 PM
Live and Let die - best bond song ever.

Lev Yashin
05/03/2008, 3:50 PM
By the way, I can't read this thread title without thinking:
"write the feem toon, sing the feem toon"

brillaint!:D

Pauro 76
05/03/2008, 6:41 PM
Also the following versions of Iris; the techno dub mix, acoustic mix, the 12" megamix, the film version, the liver version and the EXCLUSIVE never before released demo!!!!

The liver version? What's an organ of the body got to do with it? ;)

Bluebeard
05/03/2008, 11:17 PM
Live and Let die - best bond song ever.

While I almost agree with you, I humbly submit two alternative candidates. If you follow my meaning (and I'm not entirely certain I do) Goldfinger is the best Bond track ever, while Nobody Does It Better is the best ever track for a Bond.

Any of the three would have to be considered the pinnacles.

Dr. Ogba
06/03/2008, 11:23 AM
while Nobody Does It Better is the best ever track for a Bond.

what he said

Lionel Ritchie
06/03/2008, 11:30 AM
Are we to acknowledge nothing of the work of Pal Waktaar and A-Ha on 'The Living Daylights?

:D

Kingdom
06/03/2008, 2:58 PM
While I almost agree with you, I humbly submit two alternative candidates. If you follow my meaning (and I'm not entirely certain I do) Goldfinger is the best Bond track ever, while Nobody Does It Better is the best ever track for a Bond.

Any of the three would have to be considered the pinnacles.

I've no problem with those songs, or with the A-Ha one, I like all of them. Just think live and let die is the business. Plus always always reminds me of Jane Seymour. Damn. :cool:

Lionel Ritchie
07/03/2008, 12:10 PM

Texas :D

Savage Garden (Savage beating would be more like it)

GavinZac
07/03/2008, 12:28 PM
Is there an exact measure of sales or popularity that an artist much achieve before you dislike them, LR?

jebus
07/03/2008, 12:44 PM
Is there an exact measure of sales or popularity that an artist much achieve before you dislike them, LR?

If they're not eating cold beans out of the back of a van on tour he doesn't want to know about them :D:)

GavinZac
07/03/2008, 1:25 PM
If they're not eating cold beans out of the back of a van on tour he doesn't want to know about them :D:)

It would come in useful as another way to describe sales figures. Gone platinum, gone gold, gone silver, gone bronze, gone on LR's hatelist.

Lionel Ritchie
07/03/2008, 5:21 PM

No Measure of sales or popularity is counted or taken into consideration by me I assure you. Two of my very favourite bands -Metallica and Pink Floyd -have sold 100 million and 200 million records respectively.
That both of them did it largely without being rammed down our throats via the mainstream media might have something to do with it mind.