PDA

View Full Version : Derek Foran

charliesboots
27/02/2008, 3:13 PM
Apparently you've signed our Defender Derek Foran on loan until the summer.

Young Under 19 international Defender. Can be a bit cocky on the ball at times but he's a great prospect.

dublinwanderer
27/02/2008, 4:42 PM
who the hell is he.... he better be very good now that delaney is gone!!!!

Dodge
28/02/2008, 12:32 AM
18 year old. Irish u18 international. I think he'll be a great player myself

Seagull-4-life
28/02/2008, 3:11 PM
He's no Clive Delaney. Simple as

charliesboots
28/02/2008, 5:55 PM
He's no Clive Delaney. Simple as

Have you ever seen him play? Give the kid a chance FFS

Seagull-4-life
28/02/2008, 6:00 PM
No and I'm sure he's very good and I look forward to seeing him on Sunday but all I'm saying is he won't replace our CAPTAIN and possibly our best player

Dodge
29/02/2008, 10:20 PM
Have you ever seen him play? Give the kid a chance FFS

I thought he was complimenting Foran tbh

superfrank
07/04/2008, 1:18 PM
He looks like he can play and he challenges well in the air for his size. Unfortunately, he's pretty slow for his size.

Seagull-4-life
07/04/2008, 2:21 PM
He's ten times the footballer than Doherty (I mean he can play the ball out etc.).

Seagull-4-life
21/04/2008, 8:33 PM
I really like this lad. He's gonna be some player when he matures and all that.
T'would be amazing if Eddie could sign him full time

Stevo Da Gull
21/04/2008, 8:58 PM
Yeah but I doubt Pats will want to let him go and he is probably keen on breaking through in Inchicore. Good stuff from him so far.
I'm a bit surprised that he and Doherty have been able to strike up a good partnership so quickly and, while we don't want to be getting carried away yet, with Skippy performing so well we seem to have a solid base of a defence which many feared wouldn't happen after Clive's exit.

DmanDmythDledge
21/04/2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah but I doubt Pats will want to let him go and he is probably keen on breaking through in Inchicore.
Don't think so. He doesn't think he'll get a look in there and just wants to be playing first team football.

Stevo Da Gull
22/04/2008, 12:26 AM
Don't think so. He doesn't think he'll get a look in there and just wants to be playing first team football.

Oh :) then here's hoping Eddie can make the deal permanent!

BrayUnknowns
22/04/2008, 8:45 PM

Spot on ! Any of the bigger sides don't give youth a chance the same way Bray or UCD would. If the kid wants 1st team football then he should sign for us because lets be honest he's not going to get it at Pats. Now im not having ago at him, i think he's a SUPER footballer, one of the most natural footballing defenders ive ever seen put a Bray jersey on. His preformance against Bohs and Derry were just top of the rage. If we get the chance sign the kid up, excellent prospect and is really preforming for us.

Dodge
22/04/2008, 8:51 PM
Spot on ! Any of the bigger sides don't give youth a chance the same way Bray or UCD would. If the kid wants 1st team football then he should sign for us because lets be honest he's not going to get it at Pats.

His colleague at centre half in the Pats u18s (Noel Haverty) has played a few first team games for us. And 3 others made their debut in the league cup last night

BrayUnknowns
22/04/2008, 8:54 PM
His colleague at centre half in the Pats u18s (Noel Haverty) has played a few first team games for us. And 3 others made their debut in the league cup last night

Yes, but how many times will they play this season? talented kids like this need constent games to help their development as players. He will not get this at Pats, neither will the others. They only played last night because it was the league cup and Pats are struggling with injuries at present.

Dodge
22/04/2008, 10:57 PM
No, it wa always the intention to play them in the League Cup.

And of course Pats think he'll develop more playing first team football for Bray. I'm just making the point that others take a different route

dublinwanderer
23/04/2008, 1:51 PM
would love to see him stay here. wouldnt be surprised if we keep him for the rest of the season though, then sign him after the season. a bit like how we got david tyrell - but he was only good for us when he was on loan, as sson as we signed him permantly he was shocking!!! lets hope that wont happen...

superfrank
23/04/2008, 1:55 PM
And of course Pats think he'll develop more playing first team football for Bray. I'm just making the point that others take a different route
What age is he Dodge?

I think he's simply on loan here to get first-team exposure. I imagine in a few years time, he'll either break into the Pats team or decide to leave.

Don't think he'll be signing permanently for us any time soon (next two years, at least).

DmanDmythDledge
23/04/2008, 2:02 PM
What age is he Dodge?
He's 18.

superfrank
23/04/2008, 4:35 PM
No chance he'll be staying at Bray then.