PDA

View Full Version : Cobh Friendly (Again)

Lim till i die
27/02/2008, 10:31 AM
This Sunday, 2nd of March, kick off at 2 pm.

gee wizz
27/02/2008, 10:33 AM
were is it being played

Lim till i die
27/02/2008, 10:36 AM
were is it being played

St. Colmans Park (Again)

luka
27/02/2008, 11:01 AM
Eh?...........

Jofspring
27/02/2008, 11:26 AM
nice one, i can go down this time.

jebus
27/02/2008, 11:40 AM
nice one, i can go down this time.

Ditto

Lim till i die
27/02/2008, 12:00 PM
Eh?...........

To quote the criminally under rated Kurt Angle:

"It's True, oh it's True"

Treaty Gooner
27/02/2008, 12:25 PM
Sorry to go a little off topic, but hats off to LTiD for this one from the juniorball forum...

In future for your own benefit, when you're getting someone to read the forum to you, you might want to get them to read the whole thing and not just the most recent stuff.

Otherwise you only end up lookin stupid telling people stuff they already know. ;)

Not often I say that, but credit where it's due etc...

Back on topic, I've been away, so does 2 losses from 2 tell its own story or were they encouraging losses? And dare I ask the 'why Cobh away again?' question?

KevB76
27/02/2008, 12:30 PM
Back on topic, I've been away, so does 2 losses from 2 tell its own story or were they encouraging losses? And dare I ask the 'why Cobh away again?' question?

3 losses from 3.
Not much encouragement to take from Bray or Cobh, but I thought we played some football against Galway.

Dont read too much into pre-season though.

Lim till i die
27/02/2008, 12:33 PM
Back on topic, I've been away, so does 2 losses from 2 tell its own story or were they encouraging losses?

3 games, 3 losses.

Bray game - Absolutely depressing, rather not rant on about it.

Galway game - A few encouraging signs but obvious where the problems are going to lie from looking at it.

Cobh game - Encouraging enough second half, some of the above mentioned problems looked to have been addressed but have these players signed??

So in conclusion: Willie Bruton, along with about a half dozen others looks alright.

We will struggle.

Defence looked shaky at times aswell, particularly against Cobh, but I don't really think it's fair to comment on that because Paddy Purcell wasn't playing.

And dare I ask the 'why Cobh away again?' question?

Jackman Park unplayable.

Fairly handy journey.

Good workout against a big, strong team. You get a lot of them in the First Division so I think games against the likes of Cobh and Galway are more useful than playing Cork City for example.

bellavistaman
28/02/2008, 4:13 AM
Ditto

Lock up your daughters cobh!!!

So its back on again, ray lally in opposite team this week? Many of ye travelling down? Monkfish trying to catch me for another ten, unbelievable jeff!!

Monkfish
28/02/2008, 12:43 PM

Being mammys day im sure they'll be too busy celebrating with the Buckfast! :p

6yardpunisha
28/02/2008, 2:18 PM

So its back on again, ray lally in opposite team this week? Many of ye travelling down? Monkfish trying to catch me for another ten, unbelievable jeff!!

heard LTID and Jebus applying for citizenship :D

Lim till i die
28/02/2008, 2:20 PM

Of Britain, I assume??

bellavistaman
28/02/2008, 2:24 PM
We'll let ye take a photo with our cup if ye want, or ye can even look at it lads!!

jebus
28/02/2008, 3:40 PM
We'll let ye take a photo with our cup if ye want, or ye can even look at it lads!!

He thinks Limerick people were in town last week and didn't steal the cup!!??

Check the trophy cabinet bella, we might let you look at the trophy when you come up to be Leo the Lion :)

I've looked into it in the National Archive, turns out my mother's family and father's family aren't actually related anywhere down the line, hard for a Cobh native to believe I know but I've no incest in me at all and so wouldn't stand a hope of getting that citizenship. Darn my uncrossed eyes

Monkfish
28/02/2008, 4:08 PM

Sound! iv a wooden spoon here that you can have come November. :p

6yardpunisha
28/02/2008, 6:20 PM
He thinks Limerick people were in town last week and didn't steal the cup!!??

Check the trophy cabinet bella, we might let you look at the trophy when you come up to be Leo the Lion :)

I've looked into it in the National Archive, turns out my mother's family and father's family aren't actually related anywhere down the line, hard for a Cobh native to believe I know but I've no incest in me at all and so wouldn't stand a hope of getting that citizenship. Darn my uncrossed eyes

its okay, we always make exceptions for pikey's:D

Monkfish
28/02/2008, 6:47 PM
we always make exceptions for pikey's:D

Personal abuse of a racist nature? one demands a very large book be thrown!

bellavistaman
29/02/2008, 12:57 AM
All messing aside ye staying for one or two after match this weekend or what??

Jebus must introduce myself to ya aswell met most of the limerick clan, sorry, shower bar yourself, ha

Monkfish
29/02/2008, 1:31 AM
All messing aside ye staying for one or two after match this weekend or what??

Being Mammys day il be tearing out of Colemans as soon as the game ends taking half the lads aswell. :(

Jofspring
29/02/2008, 2:47 PM
With the squad put together now this match looks likely to give us a good idea of the starting 11 for the Monaghan match.

Monkfish
03/03/2008, 9:10 AM
Funny thing about this return fixture was that it wasent cold in Cobh! :confused: whats going on!

joeSoap
03/03/2008, 9:34 AM
Did it go ahead?

Monkfish
03/03/2008, 9:49 AM
Did it go ahead?

Of course! fairly poor by both teams (casual Sunday kickabout feeling to it) Limerick improved a little in the 2nd half, Dave Ryan had a good game in goals and Tommy B should make a good captain (if given it) and other than that there wasent much to take away from it.

joeSoap
03/03/2008, 11:36 AM
score??

L37Ultra
03/03/2008, 11:42 AM
score??

Cobh Ramblers 1-0 Limerick

Lim till i die
03/03/2008, 11:48 AM
Confirmed my suspicions that we suck.

Think Pike second year rather than Pike first year folks

L37Ultra
03/03/2008, 11:49 AM

:eek::eek::eek:

Monkfish
03/03/2008, 1:20 PM
Confirmed my suspicions that we suck.

Negitive Nancy at it again I see! :D Mid-table (at best:o)

Lim till i die
03/03/2008, 1:32 PM
Negitive Nancy at it again I see! :D Mid-table (at best:o)

I'm only saying the same thing as yourself.

It wont be anywhere near as bad as second year in Pike.

There is still a share of quality around the place (Talent wise we are far superior to the likes of Monaghan and Wexford for example)

What I meant was it'll be closer to the bad year than the good year.

So, to sum up: Mid-table (at best) ;)

Monkfish
03/03/2008, 1:42 PM
So, to sum up: Mid-table (at best) ;)

With a bit of luck. :o