PDA

View Full Version : Galway united openday

Trainee
25/02/2008, 10:01 PM
Meet the Players at Galway United's Club Openday this Saturday in Terryland Park!
Tony Cousins will be taking his squad through a public training session this Saturday at Terryland Park where supporters of all ages will get the opportunituy to meet the players before the league season kicks off on the 7th of March.

The Terryland Tigers Club will be officially launched on Saturday with each tiger receiving a special membership pack. U-12's Tigers tickets will be on sale on Saturday.

The Galway United squad will be playing a 40 minute game in Terryland after which each player will take part in a special "Crossbar Challenge" made famous on Sky's Soccer AM. Tony Cousins will be speaking to supporters afterwards on his hopes for the coming season.

Admission is FREE and Supporters of all ages are urged to come along on Saturday at 12 Noon.

damoGUFC
02/03/2008, 12:54 PM
Just wondering did many turn up? was it good?

Flano
02/03/2008, 2:26 PM
very poor turn out..I counted about 60/70 people there.

Brought my 7 year old and his mate and fair play to Goughie he came over and had a chat with the two lads - they were dead chuffed. All the kids were given a little doggie bag with sweets,bottle of water, club key ring and a poster with the season fixtures.

The crossbar challenge was a bit of a disaster with most of the players struggling to reach the goal from the half way line.

My two lads were happy enough but I think this was an opportunity lost for the club to silence their critics on the season ticket front and to get a lot more kids up there...I help out training a bunch of under 7's on Saturday morning and a lot of the kids and parents didn't even know it was on when I asked them were they going to Terryland.

Roll on Friday night when the real stuff starts!

KBurke
02/03/2008, 3:09 PM
In fairness yesterday's weather was horrible which im sure had an effect on numbers