25/02/2008, 8:48 PM
Never saw him taken to the cleaners liek this
shocking

mr.untitled
25/02/2008, 10:42 PM
yea, but Carsley had a great game...MOTM

RivaldoBabb
26/02/2008, 6:07 AM
He was taken to the cleaners regularly during his younger days, particularly at Everton. I recall Henry in particular taking the p1ss with him a few times and exposing his lack of pace (he was much heavier then...). He has developed positional sense these days so doesnt get caught out that often and is now one of the premierships best, hopefully the same can be said of Paul McShane in years to come.

irishfan86
26/02/2008, 6:14 AM
yea, but Carsley had a great game...MOTM

Did anyone else see that quick free kick he took? Hilarious (but good!)

BigmanCas
26/02/2008, 9:16 AM
He was taken to the cleaners regularly during his younger days, particularly at Everton. I recall Henry in particular taking the p1ss with him a few times and exposing his lack of pace (he was much heavier then...). He has developed positional sense these days so doesnt get caught out that often and is now one of the premierships best, hopefully the same can be said of Paul McShane in years to come.

Richard Dunne was Man City's best outfield performer as seen by the player-rating device on the BBC website. People vote on this device throughout the game. Now I am not debating the fact that he had a bad game - I just think that he is a colossus who is the best centre back in the league

Superhoops
26/02/2008, 11:19 AM
Richard Dunne was Man City's best outfield performer as seen by the player-rating device on the BBC website. People vote on this device throughout the game. Now I am not debating the fact that he had a bad game - I just think that he is a colossus who is the best centre back in the league

I see on that site Stephen Ireland rated 4.94 which on the 'key to ratings' shows a '5' as 'Off colour'. For SI this could mean anything, his game, his hair, his underpants, his car :D

Biffo in exile
26/02/2008, 3:30 PM
I see on that site Stephen Ireland rated 4.94 which on the 'key to ratings' shows a '5' as 'Off colour'. For SI this could mean anything, his game, his hair, his underpants, his car :D

LOL !!!!! :D:D

Seagull-4-life
26/02/2008, 3:57 PM
Can't believe someone started a thread because he had a bad game.

BigmanCas
26/02/2008, 3:59 PM
Can't believe someone started a thread because he had a bad game.
I am with you on this one seagull

boovidge
26/02/2008, 4:17 PM
i think it shows how good he is that this thread exists!

jmurphyc
26/02/2008, 4:19 PM
I'm a bit confused...was it just for the goal that he got 'destroyed' or was it for the whole game?

tricky_colour
26/02/2008, 4:29 PM
i think it shows how good he is that this thread exists!

Yes if players got posts about them every time they had a bad game
then some players would have a forum to them to selves :D
or at least a very lengthy thread ;)

tetsujin1979
26/02/2008, 6:13 PM
I'm a bit confused...was it just for the goal that he got 'destroyed' or was it for the whole game?
Cleared a shot off the line later on as well, but by and large, Yakubu had the beating of him.

tricky_colour
26/02/2008, 7:17 PM
I think Dunne was the highest rated Man City defender and 2 or 3rd overall,
Yakubu is a good striker and had a good game, he would have been a handful for any defender on the day.

eirebhoy
26/02/2008, 7:23 PM
Dunne had a few dodgy moments but overall did ok. I don't think he was at fault for their 2nd goal. The keeper called for it and he let it go.