PDA

View Full Version : John Duddy

NeilMcD
25/02/2008, 7:02 PM
John Duddy,. Did anybody see the fight the other night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DzuFM_DDes

OneRedArmy
25/02/2008, 7:20 PM
Unfortunately John is going no further unless he makes a big improvement.

I'd still like to see him fight Andy Lee though.

John's achieved more to date but Lee certainly looks like he has more potential at the minute.

Rovers fan
25/02/2008, 8:01 PM
looks like he might fight pavlik at a later date. Its since he got that new coach he hasn't been as good. hopefully he can bounce back from this but i wouldn't be too optimistic, lee definitely has more talent.

Superhoops
25/02/2008, 8:49 PM
Duddy took an awful lot of shots in winning. The cut over his left eye looked horrific and will take some time to heal.

No doubt that Duddy has great heart and likes to go forward but he has no defence, not even the basics of keeping his hands held high and I don't think he would beat Pavlik who is a better puncher than Smichet, unless he tightens up on his defence.

Not sure that fighting Andy Lee would be a big money fight unless one of them wins a world title and it is a title fight.

paul_oshea
25/02/2008, 9:18 PM
id keep an eye out for macklin and mccloskey, in a few years they will be ahead of duddy. Its a shame cos duddy is loved in america, he can take a belt but thats it.

THe match wasn't being shown Neil.

Dodge
25/02/2008, 9:26 PM
id keep an eye out for macklin and mccloskey, in a few years they will be ahead of duddy. Its a shame cos duddy is loved in america, he can take a belt but thats it.

THe match wasn't being shown Neil.

It was live on Sky.

Macklin won't be anywhere near as good as Duddy. And as I've said before, Duddy ain't up to much. Great to watch though

paul_oshea
25/02/2008, 9:29 PM
macklin has a stronger punch, and can take a serious punch as well. If this coaching goes well for him in the states, he will be there or thereabouts.

me and my brother went looking for it...feck.

paul_oshea
25/02/2008, 9:34 PM
watched a good bit more of that fight on another site, he took some belts, he is lucky that fella was overweight and out of shape. He would have lost to anyone else that night...

duddy is too nice for his own good.

joeSoap
25/02/2008, 10:49 PM
Lee would definitely win this if it ever happened.He will be a pretty decent middleweight / super-middle. Duddy wouldn't get close enough to him to hurt him, and I'd fancy Lee to pick him off before landing one or two big ones.

Duddy was beaten up by a pretty poor fighter on Saturday night.Granted he won the fight, but he was battered early on and any half decent fighter would put him away.

I am surprised at how highly Duddy is ranked, simply because fighters like Pavlik, Jermain Taylor, Winky Wright, Seb Sylvester and Castellijo would absolutely destroy him. He gets hit too easily.

A massive payday against Lee in Madison Square Garden will be a nice way to end his career I think....

lofty9
26/02/2008, 3:57 PM
Great Article

http://www.britishboxing.net/news_3180-Let-s-hear-it-for-blood-and-guts-Duddy.html

"Pavlik is leagues ahead of Duddy at this moment in time. A fight between the two would be a throwback fight between two fighters who love to fight, a rare trait at the higher levels. It would also be a punishing nights work for Duddy, his best hope would be that he could break Pavlik's fists with his own chin.:D"

Torn-Ado
26/02/2008, 10:58 PM
I'd fear for Duddy in a world title fight against Pavlik. Two or three rounds at the very most.

Just seen his latest fight on youtube above. He has a guard like Rocky Balboa. He got pummelled.