PDA

View Full Version : Ibrahima Thiam Iyane (AFC Tubize)

A face
25/02/2008, 5:55 PM
Is he any good? Anyone know anything about him? What position does he play in?

SPXcyan
25/02/2008, 7:45 PM
he's a striker! 6 foot 6.. dunno if he's any good tho!

SeanDrog
26/02/2008, 12:17 PM
if he has any sort of footballing ability he will be a natural threat given his height. Given Doolin signed him I have to assume he is good on the ball. I am a bit surprised we signed another striker as I thought we were pretty well covered upfront (with fabio back). When we are 3-0 up tonight I wouldn't mind seeing him come on for a while :D

passinginterest
26/02/2008, 1:43 PM
if he has any sort of footballing ability he will be a natural threat given his height. Given Doolin signed him I have to assume he is good on the ball. I am a bit surprised we signed another striker as I thought we were pretty well covered upfront (with fabio back). When we are 3-0 up tonight I wouldn't mind seeing him come on for a while :D

I think you might mind seeing him come on seeing as he hasn't got international clearance yet. Sounds like an interesting signing though.

If you don't need Zayed and he's interested in moving to Wexford and playing for free the Youths could do with a striker. :D

SeanDrog
27/02/2008, 7:55 AM
;) yeah only saw that about his clearance after my post. On Zayed after last nights two goals (he hould have scored at least a hat trick) I don't think he will be going anywhere (now in saying that a player was telling me that Zayed and Doolin are always having rows so who knows). Now Tony grants contract is up in the summer (July I think) and I would lay money he will be let go if your interested. We have six strikers now :eek:

Fabio
Zayed
Bates
O'Keefe
Grant
Iyane

And I suppose Sami Ristella is also for this position (making it 7 :eek: ) although he seems more destined for management at this point and we may only see him in minor games (unless we have a hell of a lot of injuries)

TheBoss
29/02/2008, 11:08 AM
Going through Iyane's career so far, he has not scored many goals for the teams he played for. He seems more to be a hold up man rather than a goal scorer.

SeanDrog
29/02/2008, 12:36 PM
I think Bates will be our top goal scorer and the leagues top goal scorer this season - Paddy Powers will give you 25/1 on him being top league scorer :D go on you know you want to :ball:

Rocky77
29/02/2008, 4:20 PM
;) yeah only saw that about his clearance after my post. On Zayed after last nights two goals (he hould have scored at least a hat trick) I don't think he will be going anywhere (now in saying that a player was telling me that Zayed and Doolin are always having rows so who knows). Now Tony grants contract is up in the summer (July I think) and I would lay money he will be let go if your interested. We have six strikers now :eek:

Fabio
Zayed
Bates
O'Keefe
Grant
Iyane

And I suppose Sami Ristella is also for this position (making it 7 :eek: ) although he seems more destined for management at this point and we may only see him in minor games (unless we have a hell of a lot of injuries)

And Barrett.

SeanDrog
29/02/2008, 5:35 PM
Barrett is more of a winger (attacking winger :p ) but you are right at times Doolin tries him upfront. Can't wait to see him playing again, his injury last year was a bad blo for him and the club.

niallsparky
01/03/2008, 2:13 PM
He's pretty good in Football Manager.

Only1Rovers
20/03/2008, 8:11 PM
Is he any good? Anyone know anything about him? What position does he play in?

He didn't look to hot in the Showgrounds.

He probably rairly out of his dept. :) :)

pete
21/03/2008, 2:41 PM
Was there a story in the Drogheda Independent saying some con man cliaming he was football doing the rounds? Was his name Ibrahima Thiam Iyane by any chance?

ndrog
21/03/2008, 2:46 PM
No it was a big fat white bloke .Something " beehan " i think it was ?

ndrog
21/03/2008, 2:47 PM
He didn't look to hot in the Showgrounds.

He probably rairly out of his dept. :) :)

He just couldnt get his boots out of the mud on the piece of dirt you call a football pitch :confused:

forza rovers
22/03/2008, 12:24 PM
He just couldnt get his boots out of the mud on the piece of dirt you call a football pitch :confused:
could he fit in what ye call a stand:p

feo123
22/03/2008, 12:56 PM
could he fit in what ye call a stand:p

no, i believe its called a barn

alansmithccfc
23/03/2008, 11:30 PM
dreadful last week.

ndrog
25/03/2008, 10:14 AM
you certainly were .Another draw match at home .When you gonna start calling for matthews head then ?

thischarmingman
29/03/2008, 1:47 AM
Going through Iyane's career so far, he has not scored many goals for the teams he played for. He seems more to be a hold up man rather than a goal scorer.
You can say that again...

Candystripe
29/03/2008, 5:04 AM
How he was played tonight V Derry instead of Bates is a mystery.

Has to be the worst player to play in the Brandywell against us in years.

We really didn't want him sent off. Drogs played better without him and only with ten men.

He wont be in the EloI come july.

portydrog
01/04/2008, 12:57 PM
Seen a bottle of milk turning quicker. Wouldnt lace Bates boots.. Cant even hold the ball up when it comes up to himand have seen tortoises move quicker..
Why Doolin never subbed him defies belief..

Red&White Rover
05/04/2008, 4:01 PM
Have to say, this guy is truly awful. He's gotta be a conman.

SeanDrog
07/04/2008, 12:09 PM
its true that to date he doesn't look great but for me a player of this size requires quality crosses, now given Doolin has his strikers depending on through balls from midfield or log balls from the back, our strikers play most of the time with their backs to the goal - clearly a system not suiting a tall player. I do feel its our system that is making him look bad - I really do not understand why we brought him in :confused:

jimhacker
23/04/2008, 10:02 AM
. He seems more to be a hold up man rather than a goal scorer.

Banks or filling stations?

pete
23/04/2008, 12:49 PM
Given Doolin signed him I have to assume he is good on the ball.

Just seen this now. :D

Without exaggeration Thiam is one of worst players to play for any League Champion in years. :eek:

SeanDrog
23/04/2008, 6:11 PM
Just seen this now. :D

Without exaggeration Thiam is one of worst players to play for any League Champion in years. :eek:

Yeah looks like I gave him a bit too much credit :D if it were me I would send him to the reserves to find is form and if he proves he has it there, then give him another chance but right now he isn't fit for the first team.

IMO we had enough strikers (some of them actually proven). But knowing Doolin he will persist with Thiam out of stubborness - while he continues to banish Bates from the first team using the EXCUSE of fitness.

pete
23/04/2008, 10:57 PM
4 first team forwards is enough for the LOI. There are not enough games to keep any more than that match fit.