PDA

View Full Version : CCSC meeting with Pat Dolan

Bernie
01/07/2003, 5:00 PM
The next meeting of the Cork City Supporters Club will take place in Cashmans Bar, Academy St. at 8.30pm on Wednesday 2nd of July.

As part of the continuing look behind the scenes at the club, Pat Dolan and Brian Lennox are to attend this meeting to answer questions that supporters may have.

All are welcome to attend and the meeting will be in the upstairs room of the bar

yan
03/07/2003, 2:22 PM
anything interesting to report???

Trax
03/07/2003, 4:51 PM
Ya C'mon lads fill us in like.

Éanna
03/07/2003, 5:36 PM
interesting night. dolan spoke at length on a lot of issues- taking on the stranglehold of dublin clubs, problems with the FAI, new signings, training facilities. all in all an encouraging meeting. He reckons he now knows what players he wants and what ones he doesn't. I think he was saying 3 in and 3 out- he mentioned left back, central midfield and the wings as positions that need strengthening. Also admitted he's worried at the lack of goals from sources other than flynn and george.

Colm
03/07/2003, 7:29 PM
He also said that he has been very impressed with the support at some of the away games this season, he mentioned the Bohs and Pats games in particular.
He went on to say that, while the home attendances have been very good all season, he was disappointed that we haven't had a complete sell-out yet.

niamh
03/07/2003, 7:34 PM
Mentioned how they questioned the league's management of how the League Cup draw was made.

He's a very passionate speaker. I'll give him that.

Cityace
05/07/2003, 3:36 PM
I agree with niamh, if he is as good with the players as he is passionate, were sorted.
I thought it was a good night all round, Dolan seems to have a very Corkonian view of football.

Who was that eijit Who repeated"For 40 years.........." about 25 times?

Éanna
06/07/2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
Who was that eijit Who repeated"For 40 years.........." about 25 times?
god knows. He was some fool. I've been going to supporters club meetings for nearly 4 years and I never remember seeing him before.