PDA

View Full Version : Pat Kenny

Billsthoughts
25/02/2008, 4:15 PM
Seriously. How bad is he?
Have had the misfortune of a few Friday nites in lately and been watchin the late late. He is unbeleivably bad. Does nobody in RTE watch this and think " oh sweet jesus".:confused:

A face
25/02/2008, 6:00 PM
I think everyone does, you can nearly smell the pity for him in the audience.

Sam_Heggy
25/02/2008, 9:22 PM
I think everyone does, you can nearly smell the pity for him in the audience.

Thats the sh!te he spews from his mouth.
Hes utterly useless and as I've said in another thread, Gaybo was much better Kenny and I only watch the late late when I hear someone interesting is on. There was a young lad from Letterkenny on a few weeks ago and imo, Kenny seemed to speak to him as if he was mentally handicapped/ a small child. The lad is 18 and has a rare chin problem, otherwise he is a perfectly normal young man and should be interviewed as such.

stojkovic
25/02/2008, 10:43 PM
I only go out on a Friday because he's on. Absolutely horrendous he is.

The pub has it on but with the sound turned down so you cant hear the c*nt but still see who is on the show.

Wolfie
26/02/2008, 8:36 AM
Kenny has struggled for years with the shows multi-faceted format.

The show fulfilled a unique role in Irish Society in that it dealt with taboo subjects and "ishoos" of the day alongside more light entertainment stuff.

Gay Byrne could carry the show that veered from light entertainment, to current affairs, to human interest and back to light entertainment from one item to another.

That format for the show is no longer required or is relevant.

I imagine that part of the reason Kenny got the gig was that he could handle the more serious stuff. He just doesn't have the charisma to carry the lighter elements of the show.

Russell Brand, a recent guest, summed it up when he described Kenny's interview style as not as much a talk show host as "an awkward uncle".

gustavo
26/02/2008, 8:47 AM
I only go out on a Friday because he's on. Absolutely horrendous he is. .

Must be tough having only one channel on your telly

HarpoJoyce
26/02/2008, 9:09 AM
Shouldn't this tread be merged with Sexist Presenters. The posts above above remind me of Homophobes fixated with Gays and Gayness.

Block G Raptor
26/02/2008, 9:13 AM
Just a thought, as bad as Kenny is and assuming that RTE will never pull the Late Late off air, who else in the sphere of talent that is RTE would people like to see present it?

Sam_Heggy
26/02/2008, 9:50 AM
Just a thought, as bad as Kenny is and assuming that RTE will never pull the Late Late off air, who else in the sphere of talent that is RTE would people like to see present it?

Brian Ormond, Dustin the turkey, Keith Duffy, the list is endless.

Billsthoughts
26/02/2008, 10:31 AM
Shouldn't this tread be merged with Sexist Presenters. The posts above above remind me of Homophobes fixated with Gays and Gayness.

Wow. So cutting. :rolleyes:

Bluebeard
26/02/2008, 9:13 PM

Caroline Morahan.

Two reasons.

1. You can just see her trying to make light of the plight of a man who has just got back from seven years in a cell in Malaysia for a Crime He Did Not Commit ("So did you go to Bangkok when you were there?" "Eh, no" "Oh, your right, sure that's Thailand, isn't it!" )

2. The question referred to whom I would like to see presenting it. It said nothing about having to do anything other than look at her. That I can manage.

Indeed, the proof of both puddings comes in a perfect description of her I found on Wiki from John Boland:
She of Angelina jolie lips, Jane Russell bosom and a PHd in wittering.

stojkovic
26/02/2008, 11:57 PM
Must be tough having only one channel on your telly

It is when the person you live with only watches it. Thought you'd have the intelligence to figure that one out. Maybe you live on your own.;)

Anyway, its a good excuse to go to the pub without getting grief.

Kingdom
27/02/2008, 3:20 AM
I kinda like Kenny when he's not on the tv. We've spent ridiculous amount of times in doctors waiting rooms with Kingdom Jnr and Kenny's radio show is the choice of medics it seems. And he's interesting to boot.

So in short :

Light-hearted Kenny - Booo

Serious Kenny - Urns.

bellavistaman
27/02/2008, 6:05 AM
I think pat is class, love the late late show personally, although some nights are horrific!!! I hate ryan tubridy though.

Torn-Ado
27/02/2008, 6:49 AM
Just the mention of his name is enough to give me shivers.

I cannot stand the guy.

bennocelt
27/02/2008, 3:59 PM
I kinda like Kenny when he's not on the tv. We've spent ridiculous amount of times in doctors waiting rooms with Kingdom Jnr and Kenny's radio show is the choice of medics it seems. And he's interesting to boot.

So in short :

Light-hearted Kenny - Booo

Serious Kenny - Urns.

Yeah def agree. I think pat Kenny is excellent on the radio, and well read up and clued into what his guests have to say, but god almighty on TV he is rubbish.

Turbidy is worse i think, cant even watch him at all without getting sick

beautifulrock
29/02/2008, 10:40 AM
See he has Elle "the Body" on tonight, there will be some spluttering tonight from Pat, although in this case it is justified.

anto1208
29/02/2008, 11:16 AM
The problem i have with Kenny is im more interested in what the guest has to say than what pat thinks yet ye cuts off every guest mid answer to either finish the sentence for them or to start on a new question that has no relevence to the previous question.he cant control a guest cant direct a guest isnt funny isnt sensitive.

Still a billions times better than Tuburty , isnt his uncle really high up in RTE it would explain why he got the job because i cant for the life of me think of any other reason.

MojoPin
29/02/2008, 1:08 PM
I think pat is class, love the late late show personally, although some nights are horrific!!! I hate ryan tubridy though.

you need to come out more bella! pat the plank! :rolleyes:

Billsthoughts
01/03/2008, 8:24 AM
La Rocca excellent on this last nite.

Morbo
07/03/2008, 10:14 AM
Russell Brand, a recent guest, summed it up when he described Kenny's interview style as not as much a talk show host as "an awkward uncle".
Not a fan of Brand but he hit the nail on the head with that one

Sam_Heggy
07/03/2008, 10:20 AM
Not a fan of Brand but he hit the nail on the head with that one

I can't stand Russel Brand, an A1 gob****e. Watched his "comedy show" one night, he was doing his form of stand up comedy, he had newspaper articles coming up on a screen behind him where he proceeded to make the most childish, pathetic comments about them. My nephew (who is 6) could easily do the same jokes as he was doing.
Hold me back I think im going to decapitate him. :mad: :mad:

Did I mention I don't like Russell Brand? Just thought I'd add that in case you didn't get it from my previous few lines. :mad:

Sheridan
13/03/2008, 8:05 PM
I was just watching Kenny's recent interview with Evander Holyfield and he refers to him as "former world heavyweight champion of the world" not once but twice. Plank.

Wolfie
20/03/2008, 12:27 PM
You'd have to say in Kenny's defence - I wouldn't envy him his task in anchoring that show in its current format. There, I've said it - Pat Kenny is an anchor. ;)

You couldn't say his current role on the show is simply a "Talk show host". He's got to be a little bit more hands on with this show.

In a totally live setting - He has to wring some semblence of entertainment from Z List chancers with a book to flog and local non-entities from Fair City.

Then he has to summon up the gravitas to chair a discussion on suicide featuring various family members of the deceased in the audience, with a few TD's in tow.

Next its a new, tactless cutting edge comedian that mortifies both the host and the audience with various sexual references or drugs references.

Finally he has to adopt a "Guy Smilie" style compere/host persona for the phone-in competition etc etc.

Who'd replace him?

Billsthoughts
20/03/2008, 1:04 PM
thing is with a bit of a decent team working on the show there is no reason they would have to get z listers. they could get some genuinely interesting people on rather than the usual soap actors/actresses.someone doesnt have to be topical to be an interesting guest. even saying that I dont think Kenny is the man to get an interesting interview out of even a potentially good guest.

thischarmingman
20/03/2008, 8:29 PM
There, I've said it - Pat Kenny is an anchor. ;)

Close...

Bluebeard
26/03/2008, 1:00 PM
There, I've said it - Pat Kenny is an anchor. ;)

It sounds right, but not quite.

May I suggest Albatros?

Millstone maight also work.